Quite often since 10.2 in texting the keyboard covers the typing area so I'm typing blind. In case anyone else is seeing this.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    pgauci likes this.
    11-01-13 05:49 PM
    This happens when your phone is slow when loading the conversation. Either you wait for your phone to load the conversation, or I would suggest closing and reopening the text message.
    I have this problem too and those 2 things usually fix it. Otherwise, try restarting your device.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    11-01-13 05:59 PM
    Appreciate the advice, thanks.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    11-01-13 06:17 PM
    Tell me if this has fixed your problem Dr. Emmett Brown

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 06:24 PM
    Yes it seems to work if I wait long enough.

Posted by Dr. Emmett Brown from my GoogleBerry Cranial Implant
    southlander likes this.
    11-01-13 07:10 PM
    I find it to occur less frequently if you avoid the dark theme.

Also don't try and send an MMS. It can freeze the SMS/MMS app indefinitely.

Also don't load any conversations after loading a long one. This can also cause a freeze of indeterminate time.

In short, either the OTA update managed to butcher the SMS app or the whole SMS app was filled with bugs for this version of the OS.
    11-01-13 07:42 PM
    I find it to occur less frequently if you avoid the dark theme.

Also don't try and send an MMS. It can freeze the SMS/MMS app indefinitely.

Also don't load any conversations after loading a long one. This can also cause a freeze of indeterminate time.

In short, either the OTA update managed to butcher the SMS app or the whole SMS app was filled with bugs for this version of the OS.
    So avoid pollution by not drinking the water and not breathing the Air?

11-01-13 08:23 PM
    I find that this only happens to me a few times, like once or twice a day and only lasts for about 5s. You should be fine. And for the dark theme, I don't see any difference .

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 03:13 AM
    This is Ridiculous I too am having problems with sms after updating to the official 10.2. When trying to compose a new text message it takes over a minute to load the conversation and even then can have issues with the keyboard being laid over the input area. Sms is surely one of the simplest aspects of mobile technology never mind smartphone technology! If bbry can't even get this right what hope have we? I am yet again giving serious thought to switching to another device, probably droid as I can't stand Apple, but it is a real shame bbry can't get the simple things right 1st time....

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 06:17 AM
    11-02-13 07:11 AM
    Maybe try deleting your old conversations, that always helps. But you know, now I'm using Bbm with nearly everyone of my friends, and have no problem with it !

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 07:30 AM
    These are all great inputs. On the other hand I have another idea. BlackBerry fix it! A novel approach that they should try.

11-02-13 01:08 PM
    Yeah of course but so many things to fix so...

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 05:53 PM
    Yeah it's true. Other fix, tell buds to get Bbm cross platform.

11-02-13 06:02 PM
    This is Ridiculous I too am having problems with sms after updating to the official 10.2. When trying to compose a new text message it takes over a minute to load the conversation and even then can have issues with the keyboard being laid over the input area. Sms is surely one of the simplest aspects of mobile technology never mind smartphone technology! If bbry can't even get this right what hope have we? I am yet again giving serious thought to switching to another device, probably droid as I can't stand Apple, but it is a real shame bbry can't get the simple things right 1st time....

Posted via CB10
    I'm right there with you. Mine froze up for almost an hour yesterday and I couldn't text at all. Tried restarting and that didn't help either.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 09:45 PM
    I guess the part that I find strange is the amount of development and resource time that goes into a release and something as fundamental as texting gets under the radar. I'm not in that business so I try hard not to judge but it does seem perplexing nonetheless.

11-03-13 12:17 AM
    I guess the part that I find strange is the amount of development and resource time that goes into a release and something as fundamental as texting gets under the radar. I'm not in that business so I try hard not to judge but it does seem perplexing nonetheless.

It's all tied together. Your texts are part of the overall device indexing for search. Could be something to with that. Feels that way. Same for contacts, emails, media, etc. Things that seem to disappear or act oddly at times. The indexing spans it all.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    11-03-13 12:20 AM

My thoughts too...

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 03:32 AM
    Everyone who is asking BlackBerry to fix it:::::::::::::::::::::

It's already fixed in newer releases. It's up to The carrier now.

The above link has the bar files to side load newer version Sms.

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    11-12-13 12:24 PM
    The above bar files do make things better but 2 of them are actually older versions than what was in the last major carrier update. So I wouldn't hold my breath on a fix

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 01:36 PM