I find text selection to be atrocious on BB10 devices (except the classic), here is an example, how can I move the selection with it underneath the copy/paste, this is just one of many. Do the developers who program these phones not use them at all so they don't experience these things? Its mind blowing to me.

Text selection, get it together BB-img_20150314_112553.png

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:29 PM
    Press and hold shift, then slide your finger on the text field, as if you were operating a trackpad.
    03-14-15 12:37 PM
    Press and hold shift, then slide your finger on the text field, as if you were operating a trackpad.
    I know that trick (works OK on the Q10)... I find it falls apart miserable writing long txt messages, it can only handle about 4 lines of text.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:55 PM
    Strange, on my Z10 the tool bar appears above the selection
    03-14-15 01:02 PM
    I find text selection to be atrocious on BB10 devices (except the classic), here is an example, how can I move the selection with it underneath the copy/paste, this is just one of many. Do the developers who program these phones not use them at all so they don't experience these things? Its mind blowing to me.

Posted via CB10
    I had forgotten about this one, but yeah, I don't know how something like this made it through their "testing." This shouldn't need a workaround.
    03-14-15 01:03 PM
    Not all the time, I've had them hidden a few times myself on my z10, they didn't think the text selection though very well
    03-14-15 01:09 PM
    It does on my Q10 as well, but it depends on where the cursor is on the screen... if its always above, see what happens if you select something at the top of the screen, does it go underneath then?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 12:07 AM
    It does on my Q10 as well, but it depends on where the cursor is on the screen... if its always above, see what happens if you select something at the top of the screen, does it go underneath then?

Posted via CB10
    No, it still appears above the selection. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
    03-15-15 02:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. Yes it does. It moves position according to where you are on the screen. This is the same behavior I see on both my Z10/Q10. At least it moves out of the way for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 02:40 AM
    Wow! I didn't know the trick with the shift key

As to the OPs problem - I never experienced that. BUT as a matter of fact I have just now tried to select something in one of the messages and... the problem from your screenshot actually happend! BUT it lasted only for one second and the placement of the bar changed on its own - as it would have discovered that it is in a wrong spot on its own

I couldn't repeat this behavior after that one instance. After that the bar appeared either above or way below the selected texts (depending on the scrolling of the message) and never covered the selection pins.

So it is really hard to say what's wrong in your case is it always wrong? Maybe it is the matter of the message formatting?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 02:46 AM
    Wait! You can move text without cut/paste? How?
    05-04-16 08:51 AM
    Were you able to to get that corporation file? Lol

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    05-05-16 11:33 AM