Does anyone else find that the text predictions are rarely in the right tense? Usually the word is available but has the wrong Suffix (no idea why it wanted to capitalize that word..other odd things). Anyway curious to know if anyone else notices (I had notice or noticed) this.
    05-21-14 10:19 PM
    I don't know about rare/often, but I have noticed and thought it could be better. I'm not an English expert, but I thought they were decent enough sentence or phrase to have tense correct for suggested words.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 10:27 PM
    I love my z10 keyboard and wouldn't go back, but it is frustrating sometimes. What kills me is when it turns "is" into "isn't" and "do" into "don't" and "to" into "tomorrow". Are you kidding me? Faster entry than physical but you give it back on the corrections.

And why can't these onscreen keyboards have a DEL key so I don't have to use the backspace key to correct my mistakes? Always hard to reposition the cursor.

And what is the point of the circle when you tap on text? You can't use it because when you touch it your thumb blocks your view of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 11:00 PM
    I love my z10 keyboard and wouldn't go back, but it is frustrating sometimes. What kills me is when it turns "is" into "isn't" and "do" into "don't" and "to" into "tomorrow". Are you kidding me? Faster entry than physical but you give it back on the corrections.

And why can't these onscreen keyboards have a DEL key so I don't have to use the backspace key to correct my mistakes? Always hard to reposition the cursor.

And what is the point of the circle when you tap on text? You can't use it because when you touch it your thumb blocks your view of the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Mmm.. those sound like "get off my lawn" symptoms (I'm just joking with you). Here's the prescription :

1.- Switch from "insert top prediction" to "fix misspelled words". Or disable "auto correct with space bar", you'd still be able to flick words.

2.- Press shift + del

3.- You don't have to put your finger on the circle, you can do it barely touching it's perimeter. Also, you can tap on its sides and it'll mimic a normal keyboard's arrows, moving the cursor one space in the desired direction.
    05-21-14 11:12 PM
    I don't know about rare/often, but I have noticed and thought it could be better. I'm not an English expert, but I thought they were decent enough sentence or phrase to have tense correct for suggested words.

Posted via CB10
    For me the correct tense shows up after I've typed the whole word lol.
    05-22-14 07:06 AM
    Mmm.. those sound like "get off my lawn" symptoms (I'm just joking with you). Here's the prescription :

1.- Switch from "insert top prediction" to "fix misspelled words". Or disable "auto correct with space bar", you'd still be able to flick words.

2.- Press shift + del

3.- You don't have to put your finger on the circle, you can do it barely touching it's perimeter. Also, you can tap on its sides and it'll mimic a normal keyboard's arrows, moving the cursor one space in the desired direction.
    I feel Shift+backspace isn't advertised enough. The backspace icon should switch directions when you press Shift.

PS check screenshot, where is advertisED?
    Text predictions need improvement-img_20140522_080737.png
    FrankIAm likes this.
    05-22-14 07:08 AM
    I feel Shift+backspace isn't advertised enough. The backspace icon should switch directions when you press Shift.

PS check screenshot, where is advertisED?
    Yeah, it could use some grammar lessons!

Oh, another thing I believe you'll like is: with the keyboard raised, place your cursor wherever you desire, and while holding shift start swiping outside the keyboard in whichever direction. I call it "advanced text selection ".
    05-22-14 08:13 AM
    Nice didn't know that one.
    05-22-14 10:21 AM
    Agree with the OP. When im writting a word prediction is available but first letter is in capital form and I dont like this. Sometimes my typing text is available but in other form. For example if im writting some it never shows some but something, sometime, somebody etc and always add a 's at words end.

Posted via CrackBerry App on my Zed 10
    05-22-14 10:33 AM
    Swipe from right to left with one finger to delete one word

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 10:41 AM
    Yeah, it could use some grammar lessons!

Oh, another thing I believe you'll like is: with the keyboard raised, place your cursor wherever you desire, and while holding shift start swiping outside the keyboard in whichever direction. I call it "advanced text selection ".
    Love this tip!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 10:55 AM
    @FrankIAm: Thanks for the tips. I will check them out. Good education.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 06:42 PM