For the past week I've been having a problem with my BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-3, 10.1.0.273, Rogers) where text messages weren't delivering to my hub. The only way to find a new text message was open and check any existing conversations for new messages. Here's a thread from the BlackBerry Support forums, with a few users explaining the same problem in more details:

HUB not working properly since 10.1 update - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I was able to fix the issue, but only by disabling notifications from both Facebook and Twitter. This obviously isn't ideal; the whole beauty of BlackBerry10 is the ability to manage all your accounts from the hub. I use Facebook extensively as a way to instant message contacts in the US, and now that ability is lost.

If anyone else has experienced these issues and has an alternate solution, please let me know. Hopefully the next OS update solves this problem, but in the mean time any ideas are appreciated.
    07-21-13 08:08 PM
    Have you tried a newer OS? I've never had this issue so don't know what could be causing it.
    07-21-13 09:16 PM
    I'm reluctant to try a leak, since it's something I've never done before. Is their a very stable version of 10.1 that everyone trusts? If no one here or at BlackBerry has any ideas for a fix, I may pursue the leaked OS route.
    07-21-13 09:26 PM
    I've heard it said that 10.1.0.4651 is quite good.
    07-21-13 09:34 PM
    I know this seems simple, but have you went through the basic solutions yet:
    Go into Hub, settings, hub management and make sure sms is on.

But if that doesn't work, seems like the leaks are very stable.
    07-21-13 11:41 PM
    Yup, went through those basic steps, along with numerous hub resets and battery pulls. Battery pulls were the only effective way to get the messages to show up in the hub; even hub resets wouldn't get them to show regularly.
    07-21-13 11:45 PM
    Sorry to hear that it didn't solve it.
    If you want to you can backup your data and just reload the official OS or you can ask around and suggested OS leaks.
    But hope you get your problem fixed.
    07-21-13 11:57 PM
    I am having the same issue! I took it in to Tmobile- I am now on my third phone, brand new sim. They did a restore of everything, disconnected and reconnected me to Tmobile, still having issues!
    07-26-13 06:58 PM
    Turning off Facebook and Twitter notifications did the trick for me. Definitely not happy about this solution, but at least I'm getting texts again. I'm hoping that a new version of 10.1 gets pushed out soon that addresses this issue.
    07-26-13 08:08 PM
    I'm glad to see this as I was about to enter the same type of error. I had the same issue this week. Besides not getting SMS I had duplicate Facebook icons in the hub which was extremely odd. I deleted the app, account did a battery pull which removed the duplicate however, when I added the FB account it duplicated again. So after an hour of trying different options, I decided to factory reset my phone. After setting the phone and adding all my games, apps and movies, SMS is working again. I also added BBM Channel beta to my profile which I am not sure if this had anything to do with it but I am hopping that it does not. This is the first time since I got this phone 5 months ago that I had to resolve to such measures. I am with Rogers too. I have also been having issues with calls not coming in at random times, not sure if you have experience this as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 08:25 PM
    I'm glad a factory reset worked for you. Many users both here and at the official BlackBerry support forums have reported that factory resets did not solve their issues. After doing the reset, did you re-add Facebook, or have you left it off your phone?
    07-26-13 08:40 PM
    I re-added Facebook and currently everything is working fine for me. I just hope this doesn't happen again.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-13 09:22 PM
    I had the same problem before and sorted to disabling FB Notifications in the Hub. After which, I've seen my text messages coming in normal again. After a week or so of not getting any FACEBOOK notifications, I tried to enable the FACEBOOK settings in Hub.....for an unknown reason, it just cured itself. it's been a month since that incident and I have not encountered the same challenge ever since. Btw I didn't do any wipe but I deleted my FACEBOOK App and reinstalled it maybe twice. Don't know exactly how it got fixed. Hope there'll be an official work around on this issue as it seems like this happens to a significant number of subscribers.
    07-27-13 12:52 AM
    I was a big supporter of the BB10 but this issue with the Hub notifications is ridiculous. If I have to reload an official release of the OS then I think it is time to look at other phones! I have had blackberries since they came out but they can't screw this up especially when they are on the ropes!

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:14 PM
    I got this problem when I played around for radio files. Combining one radio file to the OS. Seems that I corrupted something from the OS when I'm flashing the file.

The fixed I did was to reinstall the OS. Security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 02:32 PM
    So I stop receiving msg when FB notifications are on but I get them when they are off. I don't think it is a blackberry issue as it is with FB and their latest update they pushed out a couple of weeks back!

so I asked Rogers to do a hard reset this morning (July 29th). It should help with the issue however, I am not adding FB at this time until 10.2 update. I will use the website for this.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Skrypno; 07-29-13 at 08:39 AM.
    07-28-13 12:59 PM
    I just installed the OS maintenance release and my text notifications are back.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 06:31 PM
    I just installed the OS maintenance release and my text notifications are back.
    Is this working with both Facebook and Twitter installed, and with notifications turned on?
    07-29-13 07:37 PM
    Just did the 10.1 MR. As soon as I re-enabled Facebook and Twitter notifications, I stopped getting SMS notifications. I was really hoping this new update would fix things. I guess not.
    07-29-13 08:42 PM
    Well it appears I spoke too soon. It worked for a while then quit again. I Guess I will try the security wipe tomorrow but this is really frustrating and making me look at Android ( yes I said it)

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 08:44 PM
    If on Rogers, don't not add FB account. Use the website even if it takes more steps. I have been getting my text messages since the hard reboot rogers did for me this morning. It has been working smoothly so far.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 09:13 PM
    Is it possible that some of us that are experiencing this issue received a bad batch of phones? Why is everyone else not experiencing this issue? I am curious to know if I should to go Verizon and swap Z10's under warranty to get this resolved...
    07-29-13 09:45 PM
    I seem to have randomly found a fix for the issue read my description below:

I kept the phone running without fb/twitter running for about a day so hub would act normally. Today I took the battery out, popped the sim card out and power cycled the phone. Once the phone was on and it gave me the no sim error, I took the battery out again, put the sim back, turned on the phone and presto...problem was gone (fb now works normally and does not interfere with hub or texts). So it could have been a sim placement issue? I'm not sure...but on my end the problem resolved itself. All please give it a try, and good luck.
    07-31-13 07:23 PM
    I kept the phone running without fb/twitter running for about a day so hub would act normally. Today I took the battery out, popped the sim card out and power cycled the phone. Once the phone was on and it gave me the no sim error, I took the battery out again, put the sim back, turned on the phone and presto...problem was gone (fb now works normally and does not interfere with hub or texts). So it could have been a sim placement issue? I'm not sure...but on my end the problem resolved itself. All please give it a try, and good luck.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but this didn't work. I removed and re-inserted the SIM card, powered up, re-enabled the FB notifications, and right away my text messages stopped appearing in the hub.
    08-01-13 01:05 PM
    yeah it seemed random that my issue got fixed. The only other suggestion would be (which I think you've already done) is to keep the phone running without facebook/twitter for several days. If over this period the phone settles and fixes something then you can try installing fb again and see if it works. Otherwise not sure
    08-01-13 07:05 PM
31 12