Well, everyone knows my BB10 devices sit on my coffee table. Only good for WiFi only for me. I thought I'd test out my Passport SE on my backup T-Mobile SIM for S&G and found another disappointment. I wasn't receiving text messages from Android devices. No problem from iOS devices though. Sounds backwards right?!?

Switched that SIM into Android device and here come text messages like a train from all my testing. Figured out that Android devices have updated to RCS and communications between iMessage and RCS just fine. In order for BB10 to receive texts from Android users, the Android user must disable the CHAT feature inside the default Android texting app.

So now BB10 has been left behind for texting as well. LMAO

Posted via CB10
    02-10-21 02:07 PM
    oh that's bad news. I'm having an issue with my fathers q10 - messages suddenly arrive like a train also.

I have personally turned off the chat feature on my key2, so my message arrive on the Q10 without issue.

Hopefully someone figures out a fix/tweak on the BlackBerry end.
    02-10-21 02:31 PM
    oh that's bad news. I'm having an issue with my fathers q10 - messages suddenly arrive like a train also.

I have personally turned off the chat feature on my key2, so my message arrive on the Q10 without issue.

Hopefully someone figures out a fix/tweak on the BlackBerry end.
    The fix is a new phone since the problem is with BB10 relying on SMS protocols. There's nobody updating BB10 for RCS standards. Remember, BB10 gets iOS messages because functionality exists from collaborative efforts from Apple with BlackBerry years ago.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-21 03:36 PM
    The fix is a new phone since the problem is with BB10 relying on SMS protocols. There's nobody updating BB10 for RCS standards. Remember, BB10 gets iOS messages because functionality exists from collaborative efforts from Apple with BlackBerry years ago.

Posted via CB10
    Another nail.
    02-11-21 08:47 AM
    Another nail.
    That would be the final nail for me if it happened here. (Ontario, Canada)
    02-11-21 09:17 AM
    I had to leave about a year ago, there can’t be many nails left to go now. Mobile banking was a big one for me.

I’m glad I made the move now though as life’s so much easier not having to jump through hoops to get the simplest things to work.
    02-11-21 10:19 AM
    I had to leave about a year ago, there can’t be many nails left to go now. Mobile banking was a big one for me.

I’m glad I made the move now though as life’s so much easier not having to jump through hoops to get the simplest things to work.
    Yep, depends what you do with a phone. I only use a phone now for calling, TEXTING, music and very, very light browsing. Once texting goes, it will be on my android device full time.
    02-11-21 10:28 AM
    It's already happened if ANY person using Android device that's enabled chat feature knowingly or unknowingly inside default Android SMS app on any device. When I got mad at the Passport SE at time of post, I pulled the SIM and set both on coffee table.

Today, I put SIM in coffee table FU PRIV and within 5 minutes received device notification to enable chat as updated feature inside default SMS app. Google has retroactively updated SMS to RCS on Marshmallow Android 6 now at least.... If texting my Android/iOS friends and family, there's no problem. It's the final nail, however unintended.....
    02-11-21 01:26 PM
    It's already happened if ANY person using Android device that's enabled chat feature knowingly or unknowingly inside default Android SMS app on any device. When I got mad at the Passport SE at time of post, I pulled the SIM and set both on coffee table.

Today, I put SIM in coffee table FU PRIV and within 5 minutes received device notification to enable chat as updated feature inside default SMS app. Google has retroactively updated SMS to RCS on Marshmallow Android 6 now at least.... If texting my Android/iOS friends and family, there's no problem. It's the final nail, however unintended.....
    Yeah, I know it happened to you Chuck - I read the original post haha. It just hasn't happened HERE yet to me but I'm sure it will eventually.
    02-11-21 01:33 PM
    Yeah, I know it happened to you Chuck - I read the original post haha. It just hasn't happened HERE yet to me but I'm sure it will eventually.
    Not being funny, but how would you know? How can you know who in the future will text you from an upgraded device? I would have never realized until I stumbled onto by accident. Unless your BB10 isn't your primary number anymore? Again, not being my usual smart arse self...
    02-11-21 01:37 PM
    Not being funny, but how would you know?
    Oh, don't worry about that! My circle is pretty small and I'll get chastised for not answering sooner or later, lol. So far, so good.
    02-11-21 01:45 PM
    Oh, don't worry about that! My circle is pretty small and I'll get chastised for not answering sooner or later, lol. So far, so good.
    Ha ha, it would probably take me months to find out, people so rarely text me these days!
    02-12-21 08:03 AM
    Well, everyone knows my BB10 devices sit on my coffee table. Only good for WiFi only for me. I thought I'd test out my Passport SE on my backup T-Mobile SIM for S&G and found another disappointment. I wasn't receiving text messages from Android devices. No problem from iOS devices though. Sounds backwards right?!?

Switched that SIM into Android device and here come text messages like a train from all my testing. Figured out that Android devices have updated to RCS and communications between iMessage and RCS just fine. In order for BB10 to receive texts from Android users, the Android user must disable the CHAT feature inside the default Android texting app.

So now BB10 has been left behind for texting as well. LMAO

Posted via CB10
    What about joyn, which bb10 supports? It's an rcs implementation AFAIK. Although older, one would expect som backward compability.

Posted via CB10
    Jon-paul Haywood likes this.
    02-12-21 08:53 AM
    I upgraded my key2 to rcs-chatmessages today and then sent an sms to my z30. The respons was immediate, it worked normally.

Settings here also tell you : use Wi-Fi or data for messages if available.

And there is no other option with regard to that.

Posted via CB1
    Attachment 450412
    Last edited by mikael11; 02-13-21 at 10:10 AM.
    02-13-21 03:42 AM
    I'm not having a problem yet. Could it be a carrier not translating them to SMS? I'll experiment with my wife's Galaxy S20 later.
    02-13-21 07:24 AM
    Text back and forth, Z30 to Motion zero issues. T-Mobile for both. Works with Android Chat features enabled or disabled.
    02-13-21 08:22 AM
    Using T-Mobile SIM in Passport SE couldn't receive SMS from ANY of my Android devices on either AT&T or VZW SIM cards. I only have one TMO SIM and can't test on TMO only. When I switched TMO SIM into ANY of my Android devices, received the RCS texts no problem. When I turn off RCS, the Passport received the SMS with no problem. Your device and carrier on the Android side has to support RCS Chat though for this problem to exist.

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-e...oogle-messages

https://support.google.com/messages/.../9363493?hl=en
    02-13-21 02:48 PM
    Text back and forth, Z30 to Motion zero issues. T-Mobile for both. Works with Android Chat features enabled or disabled.
    I can't test on TMO only .....
    02-13-21 02:50 PM
    Using T-Mobile SIM in Passport SE couldn't receive SMS from ANY of my Android devices on either AT&T or VZW SIM cards. I only have one TMO SIM and can't test on TMO only. When I switched TMO SIM into ANY of my Android devices, received the RCS texts no problem. When I turn off RCS, the Passport received the SMS with no problem. Your device and carrier on the Android side has to support RCS Chat though for this problem to exist.

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-e...oogle-messages

https://support.google.com/messages/.../9363493?hl=en
    From the Google link you offered it doesn't seem that this is the intended way to work : "When you message someone else who also has RCS enabled, the chat will automatically offer the enhanced messaging experience."

Some kind of "child disease"?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-21 01:58 AM