If I get multiple texts from the same person back to back without responding, the time stamp shows only the last text and not the others. So it's extremely hard to tell when those others came in. Any way to fix this?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-09-13 11:21 AM
    I HATE THIS!
    I don't believe that there is, but if you find out let me know! I like to know how long in between texts when I miss a few of them!
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-09-13 12:38 PM
    Me too! I'd much rather individual time stamps for each text, instead of grouping them together.
    10-09-13 01:03 PM
    First, what OS versions are y'all running?

Second, are you kidding me? Isn't that just basic functionality? What moron (sorry, no way to be polite) decided to drop that in OS10? I'm hoping to get a Z10 soon, but crap like this makes me cringe.
    10-09-13 01:54 PM
    Q10 10.1.0.4181

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    10-09-13 02:02 PM
    10.2.0.1725. Is there a leak that fixes this?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 02:20 PM
    10.2.0.1725. Is there a leak that fixes this?

Posted via CB10
    Not that I'm aware of. It seems you have the latest leak, or is there a newer one?

10-09-13 02:45 PM
    Not that I'm aware of. It seems you have the latest leak, or is there a newer one?

No, that's not the latest. But an even newer one popped up yesterday, I believe. So I might try that one.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 02:55 PM
    I think you have a setting screwed up, because I see the time stamp for every single post in a text conversation... I don't know what setting it could be as I never experienced this problem...

I have all my communications grouped as conversations FYI... don't know if this helps..?

From the Z...
    10-09-13 02:58 PM
    No, that's not the latest. But an even newer one popped up yesterday, I believe. So I might try that one.

Posted via CB10
    If you do try it out, let us know if it changes anything.

10-09-13 03:03 PM
    I think you have a setting screwed up, because I see the time stamp for every single post in a text conversation... I don't know what setting it could be as I never experienced this problem...

I have all my communications grouped as conversations FYI... don't know if this helps..?

From the Z...
    Well, that's odd. I've checked every option, but it still doesn't show individual time stamps when there are multiple back-to-back texts from the same person. Far as I know, "grouped conversation" only applies to emails, but I could be mistaken.

10-09-13 03:07 PM
    I'm running 10.2.0.1767
    But this has been the case since launch day.
    10-09-13 03:10 PM

From the Z...
    For back to back texts from the same person? I would love to see a screen shot of that. Not that I don't believe you, I'm just genuinely curious.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 03:19 PM
    For back to back texts from the same person? I would love to see a screen shot of that. Not that I don't believe you, I'm just genuinely curious.

Posted via CB10
    Me too! Curious...and jealous. lol

10-09-13 03:25 PM
    Me too! Curious...and jealous. lol

X2 on the jealousy! Lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 03:34 PM
    Here's a sample of how mine comes out. Only see the last time stamp, though multiples were sent to me. I just noticed that it behaves the same when I SEND multiple texts back to back.

Text "issue"-img_00000681.png

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 03:39 PM
    Yep, that's exactly how mine looks too.

10-09-13 03:47 PM
    Ooohhhh samsies
    10-09-13 04:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've checked and came to the conclusion that you're right.. the texts I based my post on are not back to back... I dug through my history and found a back to back conversation and, indeed, the time stamp only shows the last one... Sorry for the confusion..

From the Z...
    10-09-13 05:07 PM
    Well, that's odd. I've checked every option, but it still doesn't show individual time stamps when there are multiple back-to-back texts from the same person. Far as I know, "grouped conversation" only applies to emails, but I could be mistaken.

You're right, it's only for emails..

From the Z...
    10-09-13 05:07 PM
    I've checked and came to the conclusion that you're right.. the texts I based my post on are not back to back... I dug through my history and found a back to back conversation and, indeed, the time stamp only shows the last one... Sorry for the confusion..

From the Z...
    Ahh, sadness. I didn't think I'd missed a setting anywhere relating to sms timestamps, but was hoping to be proven wrong. lol Hopefully, individual timestamps will be added in an upcoming OS update.

CDM76 likes this.
    10-09-13 05:22 PM

From the Z...
    It's cool. We're all here to help each other. Still appreciate you looking into this for us. Hopefully this will get corrected soon. Though, not a very big deal, as it's rare that I get back to back texts like that. But it would be nice to have it working right.

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-09-13 05:39 PM
    I think that if they come in within a certain amount of time, it groups them in the same bubble. At least they are bulleted separately in the bubble.

Beyond a certain time, it will get its own bubble and timestamp. I get these all the time from my wife. She'll send me several separate short texts within a few minutes before I get the chance to respond. But, if it's an hour later for a subsequent message, it gets its own bubble, even if I didn't respond to the previous one.

I don't know what the time frame is before a sequential message gets its own time stamped bubble.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 05:54 PM
    You might be on to something. Wonder what the actual time frame is. Also found something interesting. Seems like all SINGLE incoming messages get an orange boarder under it and all back to back messages get a green boarder. Hmmmm.....

Text "issue"-img_00000682.png

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 09:10 PM
    If you long-press the individual message inside the bubble, the right menubar will open. Slide it open the rest of the way and on the top it will show the time-stamp for that message. This came up on another similar thread.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 10:03 PM
42 12