My wife got stressed by her work day and night, workweek and weekend, by sms email calls and whatsapp.

I bought her a Z30 last year and she really enjoyed it, want to know if there are BB10 features (maybe Balance?) that allow her to define what contact/account/app can contact her at certain hours and days.

I.e. in workdays from say 9 to 20 work accounts are enabled, and on weekend and from 20 to 9 only personal one.
    greenberry666 likes this.
    05-22-15 08:10 AM
    Balance can separate personal from work but you have to be associated with a BES server for the work account to get balance. Although I don't think it has the added ability you are looking for.

You could play with custom ring tone profiles.
    Use Normal for personal time, tweak, ring tones and led for accounts and contacts accordingly.
    Create a 2nd profile called WORK and tweak it the same but for work contacts and accounts.

She would just have to manually toggle the profiles which can be setup in the pull down for easy toggle.

It's going to be a painful 1st time setup and a few tests for tweaking. But once you get it right, it should be able to work for what she is wanting.

 Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.500 
    05-22-15 08:25 AM
    Ok will experiment on profiles, thanks.
    05-22-15 10:36 AM
    Ahhh so that's how. I gave up on trying to figure out how to shut off work profile notifications and deleted balance. Part of it was the oppressive password policy. My employer was forcing a 6 digit numeric password and a 15 minute device lock. I wrote and asked if they could let me use 4 digits instead and a higher lock timeout on the personal space. They wrote back and said in the interests of security they were going to enforce an 8 digit alphanumeric password in a couple months. After I saw that I just deleted it.

Don't use balance if you have to deal with password stuff like that.
    05-22-15 10:43 PM
    Ahhh so that's how. I gave up on trying to figure out how to shut off work profile notifications and deleted balance. Part of it was the oppressive password policy. My employer was forcing a 6 digit numeric password and a 15 minute device lock. I wrote and asked if they could let me use 4 digits instead and a higher lock timeout on the personal space. They wrote back and said in the interests of security they were going to enforce an 8 digit alphanumeric password in a couple months. After I saw that I just deleted it.

Don't use balance if you have to deal with password stuff like that.
    Actually there is a way with BES+Balance. In hub. Settings. Display and actions.....split work and personal.

05-23-15 06:41 AM
    Actually there is a way with BES+Balance. In hub. Settings. Display and actions.....split work and personal.

For sure, but how do you stop the OS from putting a red star on stuff telling you that there is something to look at?

It's hard to ignore a red star on the screen.
    05-24-15 10:14 PM
    For sure, but how do you stop the OS from putting a red star on stuff telling you that there is something to look at?

It's hard to ignore a red star on the screen.
    You can't but if you have it controlled with notification profiles it will disable sound, led and vibrate. Not the spark though. If you have bes. The extra split work/personal option should hide the spark. I haven't been on a BES and used that feature for about 2 years so I'm not 100% sure though.

05-25-15 08:20 AM
    We haven't a BES to access, since it's a small association and here is the only BlackBerry.
    Balance can be used also without BES?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 04:20 AM
    We haven't a BES to access, since it's a small association and here is the only BlackBerry.
    Balance can be used also without BES?

Posted via CB10
    No, BES is required for Balance.

05-29-15 08:43 AM