Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a temperature warning screen if your phone gets too hot or too cold on BB10?

I saw that iPhones had this feature and was hoping we did too.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 06:54 PM
    My phone gets hot a lot and I've never seen it so I'm very sure it doesn't have it

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 07:01 PM
    Funny you ask this because for the first time ever, while using a BlackBerry since 2007, my Classic had a temperature warning on the screen this past Monday. I held it up against the a/c for a few seconds and the device resumed to its normal self.
    07-24-15 07:08 PM
    Yes there definitely is. I've seen in on my Z10 and Z30 after being baked in the sun on a picnic table, and on my Q10 in front on a blasting hot air vent in the car during the winter!
    07-24-15 09:06 PM
    Yup I got a warning sign on my Z10 and on Z30 by leaving them in the car under the heat of the sun.
    But for testing i did left my passport.. that beast was like hell is winter for me so didn't get any warning on my passport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-24-15 09:27 PM
    Yup. All devices have it with BB10. But it isn't that easy to hit

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    07-24-15 10:00 PM
    Awesome, I was hoping it did because it seems like my Q10 gets really hot when running waze from the Amazon app store.

Today I was using it from about 8am till 2pm and probably within the first hour the phone got really hot and the battery completely drained. So I plugged it in the car charger to keep it going and the heat got worse. So I ended up just shutting down the phone and taking the battery out to cool everything down. After the phone cooled I turned it back on and everything worked fine.

To test out if it was waze or just using a GPS in general, I did the same thing as before but with BlackBerry Maps for the rest of the day. Surprisingly the Q10 never got nearly as hot and it ran perfectly.

Has anyone else experienced that running Amazon apps puts a huge toll on your phone? I happy to hear that our BlackBerry phones have a few checkpoints before the temperature does any permanent damage.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 11:05 PM
    Yes. I'm not sure how hot it has to get to set off the warning, but I got it once when I had my phone charging in my car when I was out. I use "Charger Alert" app to check what my phones temperature is when the back starts to feel warm.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-24-15 11:29 PM
    I have seen it a couple of times on my Classic, but only on it. A couple of weeks ago, I was in 104 degree temperature and my BlackBerry Passport was very sluggish taking pictures and video, often failing with an error message.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    07-25-15 12:31 AM
    Is it when the battery icon turns red when connected to a charger? Is that the warning sign? Because I see it a lot when I'm streaming video and my phone really gets hot.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 01:23 AM
    Is it when the battery icon turns red when connected to a charger? Is that the warning sign? Because I see it a lot when I'm streaming video and my phone really gets hot.

Posted via CB10
    No, an actual warning message pops up

Posted with my  Classic
    07-25-15 01:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    The red battery sign that I get when I use a charger other than the original. It says "to charge faster use the charger that came with the device" or something to that tone

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 05:44 AM
    I'm actually quite surprised because of the heat warning. Since I've never seen it. My Z10 would heat up during use until sometimes it would abruptly restart a few times until it cools down. Never got a warning.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 05:46 AM
    I took my Z10 outside in negative 25 Celsius, no message on screen. My frozen berry

Z10
    07-25-15 06:28 AM
    I took my Z10 outside in negative 25 Celsius, no message on screen. My frozen berry

Z10
    I am aware of an overheating message but don't believe (as your post would back up) there is any warning for too cold.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-25-15 06:36 AM