03-11-15 10:41 AM
45 12
tools
    Same like everyone else with Z10. Your OS version is no different. Good for you if you're happy with what you see.
    Not necessarily true. The same OS can frequently have bugs on one device where it's buttery smooth for someone else with same device. That isn't a BlackBerry-only situation either, but the case with many (most?) complex electronics.

Not saying you don't have legit issues. Just no need to be condescending and assume your experience is the same as everyone else's.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    Bbnivende and RubberChicken76 like this.
    03-08-15 01:01 PM
    Same like everyone else with Z10. Your OS version is no different. Good for you if you're happy with what you see.
    Since you kept insisting, there is no need for me to waste more time on this to explain why.
    03-08-15 02:02 PM
    So what are you seeing that I am not? I suspect that for some reason not all of the Z10's are the same. Perhaps they made some changes to correct a defect during the production run. For example my battery life is somewhat better and yet others report poorer battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry. Experiences apparently vary. All of my Z10s are running flawlessly. Fresh install to 1949, and non-destructive updates to 2072, and 2267.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2267
    03-08-15 02:07 PM
    Running update on both a Telus network Z10 and Z30. No issues on either device so far. Especially smooth on the z10 and an incredible improvement in battery life. Don't dispute there have been issues reported but wondering if it's this is a response to those who "cry loudest". I cant believe that I would be in the minority....not with my luck LOL.
    03-08-15 05:36 PM
    Hahaha. I'm sorry. It's getting laughable anymore.

Let's dump hardware and go software and services. Of which they can't seem to do!

They lost talent and cut to deep. It shows.

The more things change the more they stay the same. BlackBerry OS and launch executions are still plagued with self inflicted head wounds.

BlackBerry hates America!
    Exactly!!!

When are you going to "get it" Mr Chen?

BlackBerry 2015 = Stealing defeat from the jaws of victory

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 05:39 PM
    Maybe Chen is trying to kill blackberry? His arrival seems to have coincided with lots of changes that make me have less confidence that blackberry is going to continue to be the platform that works best for me. I would have never said that before Chen arrived. People make fun of me all the time by calling me a blackberry fanboy because I love the devices so much and never shut up about them. I am one of the most dedicated blackberry users you will ever meet. I am their core user base. If they are moving away from me, Wtf are they doing?

Posted via CB10
    Sounds EXACTLY like my sentiments.

For the first time in over a dozen years there is very real probability that my next hand set will NOT be a BlackBerry. Ironically... it may not even be a choice.

Happy Mr Chen?

The sad part is... I don't really think you care...

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 05:42 PM
    Heins was more into killing BlackBerry, given the lucrative terms of his severance package. It seems that Chen understands that the greatest growth is software on other platforms, so he has chosen to concentrate his resources there. As much as I am a BlackBerry fanboy, it is unrealistic to think that BlackBerry can rapidly increase their hardware market share by an order of magnitude in a short time, given the horrible bias by the media over the last few years. I do believe they can over a longer time frame, but the joys of a publicly traded company is that you are beholden to the quarterly report.

When BBM first went cross platform, it retained the BB10 look and feel, perhaps as a means of driving BB10 hardware sales. Now BBM for iPhone is being redone to match the iOS UI; don't remember if the Android version is following Material Design.

I also want them not to forget their core user base because I also consider myself to be part of this group, as a prosumer now and enterprise shortly. The Passport and Classic leaves me confident that the hardware division has not forgotten, but I'm not so sure about the software division.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    The Passport was pre Chen and would not exist if he were around today.

BlackBerry could have increased Passport sales by many orders of magnitude if they had simply made the consumer/prosumer aware of its existence.

No one outside this geek community even knows it exists.

And no... using the excuse that BlackBerry can't advertise because they failed miserably on a ridiculous super bowl add a few years ago... sorry that's just a lame excuse.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 05:47 PM
    Hahaha. I'm sorry. It's getting laughable anymore.

Let's dump hardware and go software and services. Of which they can't seem to do!

They lost talent and cut to deep. It shows.

The more things change the more they stay the same. BlackBerry OS and launch executions are still plagued with self inflicted head wounds.

BlackBerry hates America!
    Why are you here? Except to troll?

I've asked you this multiple times and every time, you've ducked the question.

If you hate everything, move the **** on already.
    03-08-15 06:01 PM
    Not necessarily true. The same OS can frequently have bugs on one device where it's buttery smooth for someone else with same device. That isn't a BlackBerry-only situation either, but the case with many (most?) complex electronics.

Not saying you don't have legit issues. Just no need to be condescending and assume your experience is the same as everyone else's.

Posted from my Z30 via CB10
    This. I was surprised to read this. I'm on Telus. The update for me made my battery noticeably better and my device much less laggy. No heating up either. Where it was feeling creaky before, it feels better now.
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-08-15 06:03 PM
    Why are you here? Except to troll?

I've asked you this multiple times and every time, you've ducked the question.

If you hate everything, move the **** on already.
    Can't speak for him... but will answer for myself.

Some of us are here, as long time BlackBerry users... hoping desperately that BlackBerry will "get it"... maybe even learn from some of the legitimate critiques here... and quit making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again.

Some of us REALLY don't want our next device to be non BlackBerry... but we're more concerned than ever that it might happen.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 06:27 PM
    It's a really good point to make. If you're gonna sell yourself as a software company, then you better make impeccable software. BBM needs improvements. Docs to Go needs VAST improvements. Etc.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, BlackBerry should model themselves on.... um, wait, that company that gets mobile software done right.. who exactly is that again?
    03-08-15 06:29 PM

Some of us are here, as long time BlackBerry users... hoping desperately that BlackBerry will "get it"... maybe even learn from some of the legitimate critiques here... and quit making the same mistakes over and over and over and over again.

Some of us REALLY don't want our next device to be non BlackBerry... but we're more concerned than ever that it might happen.

Posted via CB10
    So far, BlackBerry software has been the best for my needs, and it is the only company making real physical keyboard phones. However, I am concerned that one day I may be using another company's phone because:
    1) BlackBerry stops making hardware. Not such a bad thing per se if BB10 is licensed (such as the HTC One M8 for Windows).
    2) Another OS becomes superior for prosumers. This is a real possibility: BlackBerry itself is a prime example of complacency.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    03-08-15 07:37 PM
    Like all updates, I am certain the truth is somewhere in the middle. There will be those with nary an issue. Then there will those, like me, with too many issues to mention. In fact the remaining Q10 with the 10.3.1 was wiped yesterday. I tried, and tried to one, like the changes, and two to fix the issues. But to no avail.

For me, back to 10.2.X for all the Q10's. Will revisit when the issues seem to be solved.

Although, for the record, for those of us that are either on the cusp of requiring readers, or do use glasses, the new UI is just too troublesome - light shades of grey, tiny fonts, etc.
    03-08-15 07:45 PM
    I have progressive lenses and use a font 9 from the settings the settings menu.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:16 PM
    My Z10 from Telus is working fine with 10.3 update.

The only thing I have noticed is on occasion my phone when placing a call doesn't have the ringing so I think it hasn't dialed. But it has and after a bit I get the caller or their voice mail.

A little freaky, like crossing a street and not hearing a Tesla drive by.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 09:31 PM

Or you could just move on. Acting like an armchair CEO will make you crazy when you're not the CEO. To me it's simple ... a device meets your needs or it doesn't. My Z10 wasn't meeting a few key needs, so it was supplanted by an iPhone 6. No, the glorious heavens haven't opened up (I've had a number of issues with it), but it did some specific things that were work for the Z10.

But I liked the Z10 well enough to keep it as a backup device and use it to tinker.
    becold likes this.
    03-09-15 06:56 AM
    Low notifications and terrible, short, battery life, on my Z10, otherwise all good.
    03-09-15 05:10 PM
    If you don't mind UI lags and long list of OS bugs, then yes - it works on Z10, sort of.
    The 2 z10s that I have experienced updated to 10.3.1 with no issues at all.

Having said that, it would appear that some other people are experiencing bugs so I am holding off updating my daily driver z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 07:21 AM
    Can you not back up your device on Link and go back to your previous OS if required?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 08:58 AM
    Just out of curiosity (from someone who wasn't able to update OTA when it was out), has Telus given a date as to when the 10.3.1 will be available again OTA for Z10 users?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 10:41 AM
45 12