Hi,

I'm a senior in high school ( 12th Grade ) and while I was walking around the halls heading to my class I over heard some one say
    " Hey, have you see the new BlackBerrys Kain (which is me) is showing everyone?"
    and then the other guy responded " Yeah, i'm gonna get it and hopefully every one will too, I miss the BBM days"

Later on I had that kid in a class and he came up to me and asked whats new in BB10 and everything, I explained to him BBM Video, BBM Voice, the whole BBM overhaul, and the availability/ future availability of the top name apps. He was stoked and said he can't wait to get it, we live in the US so I told him when they will be available here he said he couldn't wait because that is when his contract is up.

Day by day i'm hearing a lot of people actually talk about BB10 here in school and that actually makes me happy that people are informed about the new platform and devices and by the time they hit here the momentum will be built up and people will head out and buy them.

Everybody I know is bored from iOS and don't want to deal with the instability of Android.

Knowing how something spreads in high school (Popular girl gets a phone, other girls want it, then the guys get it to follow the girls) I have very high hopes for BB10 and teenagers.

I will be heading to Windsor on Tuesday to grab mine as I cant wait hopefully ill show off the features and people will want the phone.
    02-01-13 05:44 PM
    Very nice. Thanks!
    HKain7 and BergerKing like this.
    02-01-13 05:46 PM
    Good things are about to happen for Blackberry.
    02-01-13 05:48 PM
    I honestly think RIM/BB will make it big once again. They have the most loyal fans, and that is what counts in the long run.
    02-01-13 06:10 PM
    yes we are interested in BB10... im personally eighteen and ive been surprised with how many people know about BB10 with zero marketing, its only instagram and games that are keeping people back from buying it and BB10 is rectifying some of this
    ctuffy, BergerKing, HKain7 and 1 others like this.
    02-01-13 06:33 PM
    Very nice. Thanks!
    Thank you. And no problem!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 06:50 PM
    I honestly think RIM/BB will make it big once again. They have the most loyal fans, and that is what counts in the long run.
    Yes sir they will make it big again, and I totally agree on the fans being most loyal.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 06:51 PM
    yes we are interested in BB10... im personally eighteen and ive been surprised with how many people know about BB10 with zero marketing, its only instagram and games that are keeping people back from buying it and BB10 is rectifying some of this
    Being in the US where everyone watches the Superbowl and BlackBerry bought commercial space, I think the knowledge in BB10 is going to increase even more and people will change the way they look at BlackBerry.
    kdna likes this.
    02-01-13 06:53 PM
    Hi,

I'm a senior in high school ( 12th Grade ) and while I was walking around the halls heading to my class I over heard some one say
    " Hey, have you see the new BlackBerrys Kain (which is me) is showing everyone?"
    and then the other guy responded " Yeah, i'm gonna get it and hopefully every one will too, I miss the BBM days"

Later on I had that kid in a class and he came up to me and asked whats new in BB10 and everything, I explained to him BBM Video, BBM Voice, the whole BBM overhaul, and the availability/ future availability of the top name apps. He was stoked and said he can't wait to get it, we live in the US so I told him when they will be available here he said he couldn't wait because that is when his contract is up.

Day by day i'm hearing a lot of people actually talk about BB10 here in school and that actually makes me happy that people are informed about the new platform and devices and by the time they hit here the momentum will be built up and people will head out and buy them.

Everybody I know is bored from iOS and don't want to deal with the instability of Android.

Knowing how something spreads in high school (Popular girl gets a phone, other girls want it, then the guys get it to follow the girls) I have very high hopes for BB10 and teenagers.

I will be heading to Windsor on Tuesday to grab mine as I cant wait hopefully ill show off the features and people will want the phone.
    Young people drove much of the iPhone movement, and they can certainly drive the BB back into the buzzfront. Glad to see you amping folks up, and there's more to come...
    PestPro#IM and kbz1960 like this.
    02-01-13 06:54 PM
    Also, in my school I began spreading info about BB10 showing my friends the Z10 and what features has it and what apps and games are available or which are going to. So far, I have engaged one of my closest friends to buy it (he's so excited as I am) and many friends of mine are highly intrested in it. But I hope the Z10 will be released in my country before March to keep the buzz alive.
    02-01-13 07:13 PM
    I'm only second year at university and there's been quite a few people asking me (especially on the soccer team, we have a bbm group with 20 members) about BB10 or if I'm "getting the 10" haha I think a lot has to do with social media like facebook posts and shares, and tweets.
    HKain7 likes this.
    02-01-13 07:19 PM
    Nice. A youth movement, show us old farts how it's done!
    02-01-13 07:22 PM
    Young people drove much of the iPhone movement, and they can certainly drive the BB back into the buzzfront. Glad to see you amping folks up, and there's more to come...
    That's exactly what I think it's going to happen.
    PestPro#IM and BergerKing like this.
    02-01-13 07:28 PM
    I'm only second year at university and there's been quite a few people asking me (especially on the soccer team, we have a bbm group with 20 members) about BB10 or if I'm "getting the 10" haha I think a lot has to do with social media like facebook posts and shares, and tweets.
    I second that about the social media, most if not all of my Twitter posts are about BlackBerry10 so I have people asking me about it all the time and I do a pretty good job of convincing then that BlackBerry10 is the future.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 07:30 PM
    Let's hope you're popular then.. Lol jk
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 07:40 PM
    Thanks for the post. My daughter told me the same thing about the buzz at school. I have said it more than once that you have to win over the kids. Once that happens, it will take off like wild fire. Let's face it, its the kids that have the money to burn on the laest and greatest gadgets.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 07:43 PM
    Why are teenagers interested in BBM? I've seen them talking about it sometimes myself but what does it give over SMS (or iMessage) for them?
    02-01-13 07:57 PM
    Let's hope you're popular then.. Lol jk
    Loll I'm pretty much known all around the school for being the technology guru and the genius kid. No gloating intended.
    02-01-13 08:01 PM
    Thanks for the post. My daughter told me the same thing about the buzz at school. I have said it more than once that you have to win over the kids. Once that happens, it will take off like wild fire. Let's face it, its the kids that have the money to burn on the laest and greatest gadgets.
    Yes sir, at least I know that's where all my paychecks go...
    BergerKing and PestPro#IM like this.
    02-01-13 08:02 PM
    Status updates, knowing when someone reads your messages, the display pictures, adding random people and getting to know them ... Now the added video and voice chat features if you don't wanna give anyone your number you can call them over BBM voice.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 08:04 PM
    Why are teenagers interested in BBM? I've seen them talking about it sometimes myself but what does it give over SMS (or iMessage) for them?
    well considering with BBM10 you get voice and video calls as well as screen sharing, thats a start id imagine
    BergerKing and HKain7 like this.
    02-01-13 08:05 PM
    well considering with BBM10 you get voice and video calls as well as screen sharing, thats a start id imagine
    Sure but the teenage fascination with BBM seems to have predated bbm10.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 08:10 PM
    it has to do with several things
    1. we can see if they have read it and if their typing back
    2. status updates
    3. if we delete someone their actually deleted, unlike imessage where it still uses the phone number and there's no blocking that (this is handy lol )
    HKain7 and BergerKing like this.
    02-01-13 08:16 PM
    Sure but the teenage fascination with BBM seems to have predated bbm10.
    Not really as everyone I know wishes that BBM was popular as it was before... If BlackBerry can get the main top name apps they're set. Teenagers also loving taking pictures, they take a million just to get the right one, Time Shift is gonna change that and believe it or not that's a very compelling feature to teens.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-01-13 08:24 PM
    Wish conversations were like that at my school, but I've come to the conclusion that the average teenager is stupid... listen to what I hear everyday.. word for word.... "Hey Julia, you still have that old android?" "Yea, I think I'm going to keep it, theres no good phones out yet.." "Sooo your waiting for BB10" "No! I dont want a BlackBerry, THEY SUCK!, what does it look like anyways" "Oh well, they're not going to have a keyboard version of it, and it looks like a crappy samsung/iphone" WHY MUST THE HUMAN RACE BE SOOOO... idiotic...honestly, it took me 6 months to talk my best friend into thinking BB10 WIILLLL succeed and will be better than the IPhone5.. it took me that same amount of time to explain that he doesn't have angry birds on his curve, yet its on the playbook...
    texn884 likes this.
    02-01-13 08:38 PM
48 12