The BB10 app for TD Can Trust stopped working earlier this year

Does anyone know if the android version will work? Any APKs you can point me to?
    09-05-17 05:05 PM
    The BB10 app for TD Can Trust stopped working earlier this year

Does anyone know if the android version will work? Any APKs you can point me to?
    I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that the Android app works.

The bad news it that it requires Google Play Services and will take some effort to get it to run.

Interested?
    09-05-17 06:14 PM
    hit me up, I already did the Cobalt google thing, so I'm good to go!
    what apk should I get?
    09-05-17 06:15 PM
    hit me up, I already did the Cobalt google thing, so I'm good to go!
    what apk should I get?
    Oh. Perfect.

Use his Google Play Store and download the latest TD Canada app (8.2.0).

Do not install, but whitelist the unpatched apk with Whitelist 1.0.0.6.

Transfer the apk to your PC, patch it with default settings, and transfer the patched app to your device.

Make sure you are running Play Services v10.

Install patched app.
    09-05-17 06:20 PM
    ok, I follow everything except the Whitelist, I've never had to use that on an app, is that something new? Whitelist is something I install on the phone?
    09-05-17 06:21 PM
    ok, I follow everything except the Whitelist, I've never had to use that on an app, is that something new? Whitelist is something I install on the phone?
    You must do that now, or it won't work.

Whitelist is another Cobalt app, and works in tandem with Play Services v10.
    09-05-17 06:23 PM
    oh ok, I haven't gotten new apps in a while. Is whitelist something I have to do on all apps that require patching now?

do I have to update all my cobalts stuff, or just add the whitelist to my existing set up?
    09-05-17 06:24 PM
    oh ok, I haven't gotten new apps in a while. Is whitelist something I have to do on all apps that require patching now?

do I have to update all my cobalts stuff, or just add the whitelist to my existing set up?
    Yes, whitelist is a new thing for patching. Otherwise, at a minimum, maps won't display in apps.

You should check his Mega link and make sure you're updated.

https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA
    09-05-17 09:08 PM
    I see he has some new stuff since I last set it up on my phone.

What is 'cobalt.android.browser' ?? Is that a better browser than the stock bb10 browser?
    09-05-17 10:03 PM
    I see he has some new stuff since I last set it up on my phone.

What is 'cobalt.android.browser' ?? Is that a better browser than the stock bb10 browser?
    Some people like it.
    09-05-17 10:28 PM
    when I go to the TD Can Trust app on the google play store it tells me 'install' straight away, no option to download first without install?
    09-05-17 10:32 PM
    never mind, 'install' meant download... obviously I don't use many apps.
    09-05-17 10:34 PM
    I got it working, thanks!
    09-05-17 10:51 PM
    I got it working, thanks!
    Great! Check the location (map) function to be sure you patched it correctly.
    09-05-17 10:57 PM
    is this different from the TD bank (can) app? i've been using it for years, no play services required. now...scotiabank is another story..been working fine for years but now mobile deposit has quit working. anyone got a solution to that?

Posted via CBX
    09-06-17 08:12 AM
    is this different from the TD bank (can) app? i've been using it for years, no play services required. now...scotiabank is another story..been working fine for years but now mobile deposit has quit working. anyone got a solution to that?

Posted via CBX
    Yes, TD Can app. Google Play Services are only required if you want to use all the features of the app - like location services for example.

I'll look into the Scotiabank app.

Edit: When patched, the Scotiabank seems to work 100%. I don't currently have a cheque to deposit, but I got all the way to the end (entered amount, account, and took both pictures).
    Last edited by conite; 09-06-17 at 09:08 AM.
    09-06-17 08:43 AM
    I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that the Android app works.

The bad news it that it requires Google Play Services and will take some effort to get it to run.

Interested?
    TD bank version 8.1.0 (have not tried 8.2.0) works beautifully WITHOUT GPS.

edit: oops you know already. I think even the mobile deposit works but I'm not sure 'cause I've never needed to use it. I know that it opens my flash and camera. Location, of course, does not work either.
    Last edited by brookie229; 09-06-17 at 09:06 AM.
    09-06-17 08:51 AM
    Yes, TD Can app. Google Play Services are only required if you want to use all the features of the app - like location services for example.

I'll look into the Scotiabank app.

Edit: When patched, the Scotiabank seems to work 100%. I don't currently have a cheque to deposit, but I got all the way to the end (entered amount, account, and took both pictures).
    conite, i can get that far too. upon submitting the deposit, it throws an error saying the service is not currently available. i believe this is due to some new android security measure implemented on their side. the solution with itrade was to go back a version or two. i've tried several vers of the sb app, and they all end up with the same error.

td still works

Posted via CBX
    09-06-17 09:13 AM
    conite, i can get that far too. upon submitting the deposit, it throws an error saying the service is not currently available. i believe this is due to some new android security measure implemented on their side. the solution with itrade was to go back a version or two. i've tried several vers of the sb app, and they all end up with the same error.

td still works

Posted via CBX
    I would try patching. Some security features are in Google Play Services that the app might need.
    09-06-17 09:17 AM
    Check your PM.
    09-06-17 09:18 AM
    I would try patching. Some security features are in Google Play Services that the app might need.
    cant do it. no pc.

Posted via CBX
    09-06-17 09:19 AM
    Check your PM.
    funny, but i dont think i have PM? where would i check?

Posted via CBX
    09-06-17 09:27 AM
    funny, but i dont think i have PM? where would i check?

Posted via CBX
    Use Android CB Forums app. CB10 app is hopelessly devoid of features.
    09-06-17 09:30 AM
    i'm keeping my android app load to a minimum, no play services either. cant prove thats what crashed my phone twice, but i have a strong suspicion. one reason i think so, is the last time my phone died, it would work on a fresh boot for about one minute. just enough time to launch the ART...

Posted via CBX
    09-06-17 09:38 AM
    i'm keeping my android app load to a minimum, no play services either. cant prove thats what crashed my phone twice, but i have a strong suspicion. one reason i think so, is the last time my phone died, it would work on a fresh boot for about one minute. just enough time to launch the ART...

Posted via CBX
    As I posted in your other thread, I just tried a cheque and it doesn't work anyway.

I've had Cobalt's stack on a dozen devices since the start without issue though.
    09-06-17 09:39 AM
35 12