I remember way back in the day when BB10 was called BBX and nothing was clear about what to expect and everything. But the astonishing tribe showed off some cool effects on the test device. One in particular that I noticed was when deleting emails, it looked like the email got shredded in a paper shredder... it looked cool and wa just visually pleasing. why weren't these animations and effects put into BB10? I think it would add to the already great user interface.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 09:32 AM
    TAT built the entire UI framework of BB10. Why do you think native apps look so much better than anything ported from Android?
    03-22-13 09:40 AM
    Ya. A lot of cool apps are missing. Including the wireless sharing files, the cool animated weather app, and the email deleting effects. I also remember seeing a different list component with a two fingers gesture. Sorry to say I don't know what TAT was doing with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 09:42 AM
    I think they had some ideas that were discussed early-on but ultimately got shot down, like some sorts of movements called "Cinnamon toast" and so on that would be activated by moving the phone in certain directions.

Who knows, they may re-appear.
    03-24-13 06:24 AM
    All of those "Cool Effects" wouldn't be useful in a real life situation. TAT's job was to design the o.s, maybe that is what they were busy doing...

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:48 AM
    Ya. A lot of cool apps are missing. Including the wireless sharing files, the cool animated weather app, and the email deleting effects. I also remember seeing a different list component with a two fingers gesture. Sorry to say I don't know what TAT was doing with BlackBerry.
    The wireless sharing the way it was implemented was a bit too restrictive, they used that camera so that stuff would come in from the right direction, but it is a shame we haven't seen anything at all similar when most would be just as happy to see something like that which simply worked on the same wifi network and just missed out the exact directional part of it.

As far as the weather app, that was just a demo and presumably they have been too busy working on Cascades which is the foundation of the whole of the bb10 ui to be just making apps, but it would be nice to see more from them on that side of things.
    03-24-13 07:38 AM
    I'm sure more will come as time progresses, I think they were much more focused on the base OS and functionality for this launch more than anything else. The glitz and other shiny stuff will come
    robkd and Stewartj1 like this.
    03-24-13 02:29 PM
    I'm hoping that once they've really gotten the UI framework where it needs to be that they can start bringing more of those cool animations to BB10. Eye candy always goes a long way. I personally would love to see more TAT influence in BB10. The music app they demo'd a year or so ago was beautiful
    robkd likes this.
    03-24-13 06:30 PM
    I'm wondering, does anyone have any links to any of these demonstrations?
    03-24-13 07:24 PM
    BB10 is a platform built for productivity. A lot of useless and time consuming transitions are useless. Think about the image editor. On instagram, the filter effects can't be seen until you apply them. On BB10, you can preview the filter effects by swiping upwards on the photo. These are design decisions that TAT made. Same with everything being focused on the bottom of the screen (action bars, etc.).

We might not see the fanciest animations on BB10, but it helps you "keep moving".
    KarlosSpicyWienr and Spawn12 like this.
    03-25-13 01:17 AM
    The calculator in BB10 is a sample

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 03:32 AM
    The calender apps have the date font that grows if you have appointment in that date. Go to month view and swipe left and right to see (put in some appointment first)

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 04:44 AM
    I love gimmick just like how the unlock screen is. It's a bonus for us.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:14 AM