What do you doubt?
    BB10 backend shut off.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-21 07:36 PM
    BB10 backend shut off.

Posted via CB10
    You think BlackBerry is lying? I'm not sure where you're going.
    03-26-21 07:50 PM
    pretty sure this time its 100% true and will happen
    pdr733 and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-26-21 07:54 PM
    So tablets are still a "fad" then?
    No of course not but prior to COVID sales were no where near what they were in 2020. Same with Chromebooks right?
    03-27-21 01:10 AM
    No of course not but prior to COVID sales were no where near what they were in 2020. Same with Chromebooks right?
    Ya. They were 19% less than $52 billion.
    03-27-21 06:25 AM
    pretty sure this time its 100% true and will happen
    Hope so.
    03-27-21 06:44 AM
    BB10 backend shut off.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you think BlackBerry Limited went to all the extra trouble of announcing the staggered dates of BB10 ecosystem shutdown already? It would have been simpler to just let it all break down naturally.
    03-27-21 10:45 AM
    Ya. They were 19% less than $52 billion.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-quarter-2010/

Until COVID the graph demonstrates declining tablet sales (outside of what looks like new model iPad's in second quarter). Surprisingly, despite most tech sites and pundit recommendations iPad continues to loose global market share. Interesting and certainly more so as consumers look for lower cost options that can and do perform similar functions.

That tablets are not very functional for education without a physical keyboard its also logical why Chrome OS became the second largest OS worldwide as kids were kept from schools and classrooms (well at least here in California until just recently) AT&T Warning about 3G-screenshot_20210327-082119.jpg
    03-27-21 10:48 AM
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-quarter-2010/

Until COVID the graph demonstrates declining tablet sales (outside of what looks like new model iPad's in second quarter). Surprisingly, despite most tech sites and pundit recommendations iPad continues to loose global market share. Interesting and certainly more so as consumers look for lower cost options that can and do perform similar functions.

That tablets are not very functional for education without a physical keyboard its also logical why Chrome OS became the second largest OS worldwide as kids were kept from schools and classrooms (well at least here in California until just recently) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210327-082119.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	450547
    Tablets have been around for 12 years, and even before covid it is still a $43 billion business. The only point I was trying to make is that it doesn't exactly qualify as a "fad".
    Last edited by conite; 03-27-21 at 11:08 AM.
    03-27-21 10:57 AM
    Tablets have been around for 12 years, and even before covid it is a $40 billion business. The only point I was trying to make is that it that doesn't exactly qualify as a "fad".
    Certainly not a "fad" but sales were declining year over year since the peak of '14. This data is a little more broken out and I believe a better reflection as they discuss the various form factors of tablets sold and obvious reasons for the renewed growth. The true growth is not in slate or slabs (for entertainment) but in those with a physical keyboard for education and remote work.

Maybe that's what Peter Franklin was eluding too with some people working more so from home. Interestingly I decided to go back to my BE KeyOne and PKB in December when we were locked down here in California for a few weeks.

"However, the category is not expected to retain this momentum in the long term as it still faces immense competition from notebooks and smartphones."

https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS47423721
    03-27-21 11:12 AM
    Certainly not a "fad"
    Perfect. We're on the same page.
    03-27-21 11:16 AM
    page what page?
    03-27-21 12:21 PM
    Smartphone sales have been on a decline.... they must have only been a fad too.
    03-30-21 03:37 PM
    Smartphone sales have been on a decline.... they must have only been a fad too.
    smart phone?..................that's like calling the CIA......well you get it
    03-30-21 04:17 PM
    while the waiting game is on......why won't Blackberry help us back up are current ones?????...getting annoying nothing being done....
    04-29-21 03:05 AM
    while the waiting game is on......why won't Blackberry help us back up are current ones?????...getting annoying nothing being done....
    BlackBerry exited the mobile phone market many years ago now, why would they do any work on a mobile phone platform they not only exited a number of years ago but has also been end of life for over 2 years now?
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-29-21 09:55 AM
    Since the BlackBerry side is either shutdown or shutting down in the near future, you’ll need to backup on third party.
    04-29-21 10:11 AM
    BlackBerry exited the mobile phone market many years ago now, why would they do any work on a mobile phone platform they not only exited a number of years ago but has also been end of life for over 2 years now?
    Why is the website still alive????
    04-29-21 02:44 PM
    Because when the last person left they forgot to turn off the lights.
    04-29-21 03:43 PM
    Same reason the Developer site is still up. The one where people who don't know better do a Google search for "BB10 autoloader" and end up there. Then download the hobbled developer OS. Then they come here asking why there's no gallery, media player or file manager.

The fees to keep those sites up is probably on a scheduled recurring expenditure that someone forgot to take off the books.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-29-21 07:33 PM
    Same reason the Developer site is still up. The one where people who don't know better do a Google search for "BB10 autoloader" and end up there. Then download the hobbled developer OS. Then they come here asking why there's no gallery, media player or file manager.

The fees to keep those sites up is probably on a scheduled recurring expenditure that someone forgot to take off the books.
    And those in charge of the websites, don't care as much about the content as showing traffic being created. If a page about phones is creating a lot of hits, what do they care if the company doesn't really do phones anymore?
    ppeters914 likes this.
    05-04-21 09:54 AM
    ATT just warned me with a voice message when I made an outgoing call. It hijacked my call and gave me the Feb 2022 date. They sounds serious.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-21 04:14 PM
    ATT just warned me with a voice message when I made an outgoing call. It hijacked my call and gave me the Feb 2022 date. They sounds serious.

Posted via CB10
    Of course they are serious. Why did you think otherwise?
    05-11-21 04:26 PM
    Of course they are serious. Why did you think otherwise?
    Other vendors are putting it off I thought I heard. I guess if all the US carriers do it, they will force millions of people to buy new phones. They will have no where to go.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-21 06:07 PM
    Other vendors are putting it off I thought I heard. I guess if all the US carriers do it, they will force millions of people to buy new phones. They will have no where to go.

Posted via CB10
    All the USA carriers have said they’re doing it. Today or next year doesn’t really matter because sooner or later you’re buying a new phone. The reality is that ANY carrier, regardless of what is stated, doesn’t really care for customers hanging onto the old tech, BYOD or not. You see yourself as loyalty and they see you as PIA that won’t leave. I say that as collective “you” because I’m not attacking you but attempting to explain that carriers need people off 3G to free up that bandwidth. However, they also don’t want the phone calls about “why am I not able to make and receive calls?” tying up CSRs handling current problems and generating new revenues. Basically, companies in general, only want customers that go with their business model, be it online, carrier devices, widgets… Companies are happy to let the “special” loyal customers that demand things different to go down the road to competitors that also don’t really want them. It’s a big reason that I find T-Mobile reputation amusing. Their former CEO reminded me of Steve Jobs and Henry Ford with the “we’re all here for our customers” as long as you do it our way…..but with a smile
    pdr733 likes this.
    05-11-21 06:41 PM
163 ... 4567