I just got an AT&T text that a software update has been released for the Z10. Since I am running a leak, I couldn't download it which meant that the release is lower than the 10.2.0.1767 I have on my phone. I called AT&T Tech support and they said it was release number 10.1.0.2074! If this is indeed the "new" release, talk about slow! I was hoping it was 10.2 something, but for it to be 10.1 just doesn't make sense. Why even bother if 10.2 is coming soon? Maybe this is another indicator of just how slow the USA carriers are! If they are releasing a 10.1 now, I figure 10.2 will be coming in what...6 months? Go figure.
    10-09-13 02:23 PM
    I just got a notification for an update as well but it tells me I have the latest software.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 02:25 PM
    I figure 10.2 will be coming in what...6 months? Go figure.
    They will not carry Blackberry in 6 months
    10-09-13 02:34 PM
    Hopefully they'll be releasing it soon. The date Oct. 14th was thrown around for quite some time signifying something to do with 10.2. Who knows exactly what that really means though. Could be when BB releases to carriers which means another month before it gets pushed out to the phones...? Oct 14th could just be another misleading day that will get pushed back.

The Z30 is out and running 10.2 so I don't understand why 10.2 hasn't been released to all BB10 devices. I know the Z30 has launched in the US yet but 10.2 is already built and operational. What is the delay?!?!
    10-09-13 02:46 PM
    Hopefully they'll be releasing it soon. The date Oct. 14th was thrown around for quite some time signifying something to do with 10.2. Who knows exactly what that really means though. Could be when BB releases to carriers which means another month before it gets pushed out to the phones...? Oct 14th could just be another misleading day that will get pushed back.

The Z30 is out and running 10.2 so I don't understand why 10.2 hasn't been released to all BB10 devices. I know the Z30 has launched in the US yet but 10.2 is already built and operational. What is the delay?!?!
    I just did a search and discovered that this release was sent out in July. Could it be that those of us who have never updated got the push notice of release for that reason? I know I was already ahead of that software release when AT&T brought it out. How about you who have responded?

The only other possible answer is that the tech person I spoke with, Shannel, got it wrong.
    10-09-13 02:58 PM
    I use a factory unlocked Q10 on AT&T. But I live in Ontario, roaming most of the time on Rogers network. I just received a notification, actually while reading this thread, for 10.1.0.4184. It's downloading now. Don't know what it brings, but it's a long way off from 10.2 I would guess. I don't know if this is pushed from Rogers or AT&T???

edit...a little more searching and I find it was released back in August, or maybe even earlier for some Z10 users at least. Then it disappeared I guess. I have checked a few times for updates and was never prompted for this one before today.
    10-09-13 03:07 PM
    There was an initial release of 2010, but was halted soon after. Then, a few weeks later they released 2074.

When I got my Z10 at the end of July, after I started it up, the first thing it did after connecting to AT&T was update the OS to 2074. So, yeah, it's been out that long.

They have yet to even update to any of the 4xxx MR versions.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 03:55 PM
    Altho' leaks are fine, I do think more would wait for the official updates were they to actually appear on or just after BB kick them out. On EE in the UK, the 10.1 release was way over a month after BB said it was out. Others I know wait far longer. It's got to the stage now where if you DL most or all of the leaks on CB, you'll almost certainly have a more advanced version of the OS by the time the official one arrives anyway.
    10-11-13 04:59 AM