Hey all... I had never been able to use my Wifi Calling with T-Mobile US with any leaks to date. With the official release of 10.1.0.4780 I thought, "Great! Now I can actually call T-Mobile's Customer Care and get this resolved!" So, I did just that. After a few hours on the phone with them, and being escalated from general customer care, to tier 2 tech support, and finally tier 3 BlackBerry support, they said I had to call my ISP to have them enable "ipsec" and open ports 500 & 4500, and they could do nothing further to help me. I put this off for about 10 days, because I was already sick of service provider run-arounds and just couldn't have dealt with it at the time.

Today, I called my ISP (CenturyLink, formerly Qwest) to have them open these ports and enable "ipsec". They told me that they don't block any ports, and that it must have something to do with my firewall, to which I replied, "My firewall is completely DISABLED and therefore, there are no ports being blocked." They gave me more and more run-around, until they finally suggested that I enable Port Forwarding in my DSL modem. I fought back to this (stupid me), saying that if the ports weren't open to begin with, there's no point in forwarding them.

Finally, after getting completely frustrated and giving up, I opened my DSL modem configuration, added port range 500-500 (UDP) to forward to 192.168.0.1 (the modem's LAN address) and port range 4500-4500 (UDP) to 192.168.0.1, and voila! Wifi Calling!

So, even though the ports weren't being blocked by any firewall or my ISP, I still had to enable them being forwarded. It doesn't make any sense to me, as I was trained as an Electronics Technician (hardware-focused) and not in IT.

Now I feel like a complete @$$ for not listening to the rep, and for being so rude to her. At least, I did thank her for her time, even though I thought she had just wasted mine.

I hope this will help others that have been having this issue.

Now, I have to decide whether to go back to 10.2.x.xxxx with the .811 radio (which I don't like because of the "General Problems" error when sending SMS/MMS, but love for SO many other reasons), or stay on the 10.1.0.4780... Suggestions are welcome.

(Edit for moderator: maybe this would be better suited in the "BB10 Tips, How To & FAQ" section. I wasn't sure.)
    09-17-13 10:25 PM
    Grrr! It worked for a little while, and it was blissful, but it has since stopped again. I'm at a loss. I just want my UMA back!!!
    09-18-13 12:12 AM
    I haven't had any issues with the new Wifi calling feature per se- Q10 seems to connect flawlessly to my Asus RT-AC66U router with Comcast. But one thing I have noticed is a pronounced difference in radio quality with this build. I have significantly more instances of T-Mobile signal being lost all together for short periods (red x), then inexplicable jumping back to 3-4 bars 4G/4GLTE.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 09:13 AM
    I haven't had any issues with the new Wifi calling feature per se- Q10 seems to connect flawlessly to my Asus RT-AC66U router with Comcast. But one thing I have noticed is a pronounced difference in radio quality with this build. I have significantly more instances of T-Mobile signal being lost all together for short periods (red x), then inexplicable jumping back to 3-4 bars 4G/4GLTE.

Posted via CB10
    My issue seems to be one that is specific to the Century Link DSL., maybe even specific to my modem.

Edit: it started working again this morning. I guess I just made it angry, switching between my ISPs so much (I have two Internet connections at my house) and T-Mobile must not have like my IP changing so often.

Posted via CB10 from my seksi Z10 (STL100-3 | OS 10.2.0.1725)
    Last edited by Derlitz; 09-18-13 at 12:33 PM.
    09-18-13 12:01 PM
    Was having problems and found out they forgot to add wifi calling to my account when they made a minor change in it. Now working as of today
    12-23-13 09:32 PM
    Hey all... I had never been able to use my Wifi Calling with T-Mobile US with any leaks to date. With the official release of 10.1.0.4780 I thought, "Great! Now I can actually call T-Mobile's Customer Care and get this resolved!" So, I did just that. After a few hours on the phone with them, and being escalated from general customer care, to tier 2 tech support, and finally tier 3 BlackBerry support, they said I had to call my ISP to have them enable "ipsec" and open ports 500 & 4500, and they could do nothing further to help me. I put this off for about 10 days, because I was already sick of service provider run-arounds and just couldn't have dealt with it at the time.

Today, I called my ISP (CenturyLink, formerly Qwest) to have them open these ports and enable "ipsec". They told me that they don't block any ports, and that it must have something to do with my firewall, to which I replied, "My firewall is completely DISABLED and therefore, there are no ports being blocked." They gave me more and more run-around, until they finally suggested that I enable Port Forwarding in my DSL modem. I fought back to this (stupid me), saying that if the ports weren't open to begin with, there's no point in forwarding them.

Finally, after getting completely frustrated and giving up, I opened my DSL modem configuration, added port range 500-500 (UDP) to forward to 192.168.0.1 (the modem's LAN address) and port range 4500-4500 (UDP) to 192.168.0.1, and voila! Wifi Calling!

So, even though the ports weren't being blocked by any firewall or my ISP, I still had to enable them being forwarded. It doesn't make any sense to me, as I was trained as an Electronics Technician (hardware-focused) and not in IT.

Now I feel like a complete @$$ for not listening to the rep, and for being so rude to her. At least, I did thank her for her time, even though I thought she had just wasted mine.

I hope this will help others that have been having this issue.

Now, I have to decide whether to go back to 10.2.x.xxxx with the .811 radio (which I don't like because of the "General Problems" error when sending SMS/MMS, but love for SO many other reasons), or stay on the 10.1.0.4780... Suggestions are welcome.

(Edit for moderator: maybe this would be better suited in the "BB10 Tips, How To & FAQ" section. I wasn't sure.)
    08-11-17 02:57 PM
    Hello Derlitz,
    Whoda thunk a message from 2013 would help me out?? I have a new KeyOne and my WiFi calling would only work for about 3 minutes after a reboot then I'd get the dreaded "X" in the WiFi indicator. I applied your fix and bingo, it came right up. I hope it doesn't die again like yours did on the Q10. I might suspect that your router reassigned a new IP address to your phone and that's why it died. Did you ever get your problem solved. I REALLY REALLY miss my 8900 which worked until last month when T-Mobile shut down the UMA system entirely. If mine dies like yours did I could perhaps open those ports to an entire address range.
    08-11-17 03:04 PM