i just got back from vacation and got the t mobile software update OTA.did the OTA 2228 did not take long when done did the reset and now have new OS installed no issues.my wifi calling, which did not work on last version 2041 it was error and greyed out in the app,now works like a charm.the wifi calls are quick to connect and clear l.i now have the options in the wifi app working. i can togle b/w wifi or network .
    03-23-14 06:13 PM
    Really? A smooth running device? Some would lead us to believe the last two OS updates are trash. Go figure!
    03-23-14 06:19 PM
    I do not have any issue with my Z10 STL100-2 . . . you can re-install Android .bar file alone but perhaps you had better reload the entire software with an autoloader.
    I need Tmobiles Wifi calling, if I use an autoloader will the feature be included?

How would I go about downloading the separate android bar file?

Thanks a lot!!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 07:04 PM
    John,

I'd love to know what PEBCAK means (snip)
    Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard. A sadly common problem.

Posted via CB10
    KenV54 likes this.
    03-23-14 07:27 PM
    I need Tmobiles Wifi calling, if I use an autoloader will the feature be included?

Thanks a lot!!

Posted via CB10
    Wifi calling only works if you're on TMobile US and on a Z10. If that's the case you'll get an OTA update too.
    03-23-14 07:47 PM

Thanks a lot!!

Posted via CB10
    Here's a link to a ZIP file of the two android bars for 2234--I believe they are the same as in 2228, but should work with either OS.

The unzipped bar files can then be loaded via Sachesi or using the Chrome Playbook extension.

https://mega.co.nz/#!PNBUxRTC!WLLqLh...SWd6ofcflPrs1U
    Last edited by KenV54; 03-23-14 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    03-23-14 10:00 PM
    Ques for z10 OS 10.03.....

$$$$$$${z10}$$$$$$$
    03-24-14 02:14 AM
    Hi All! Need some help!!
    I used the auto-loader to install .2228 last night and ever since, I haven't been able to get the picture password to work. I was using 2141 prior to this and picture password worked for a while before it started switching itself off and changing the screen-lock time-out. With 2228, I don't find the picture password option at all some times. Right under the device password switch option, I find "IT policy requires device password to be set". Is this visible on all OS versions? I don't remember seeing in it on 10.1 nor 2141. After few days, I wasn't able to delete any item from the hub. Restarting the phone fixed that problem but started causing the proximity sensor to be on for any operation, not just during the call. Picture password was an awesome feature that saved so much frustration each time. I sorely miss that feature now. Any suggestions? I'm using the STL-100-3 ATT variant here in India.

P.S: I have been facing over-heating issues since I got this phone but the seller is sending a replacement battery and I hope that will fix the problem. Other than that, is there something that I can check to pin-point the heating issue? It doesn't have to be connected to the network. Simple puzzle game is causing the device to heat-up badly. Skype on wi-fi makes me want to drop the phone off within first 2-3 mins of the call.
    It sounds like you are using ActiveSync and if so then this is why you are getting the IT policy prompt. Why is it happening now? Perhaps your it staff made a recent change to your ActiveSync policy.

Either way if an ActiveSync policy requires a password then you cannot use picture password as it does not meet the security requirement. At a minimum you will need a simple password (PIN) or the regular password.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    yuvaraki likes this.
    03-24-14 07:45 AM
    I don't use it much? Don't know what to look for? Yeah, OK. Right. Got it.

Something is wrong with your particular device, not the OS. You might have gotten help but I doubt you'll get much help here now.
    I don't know who you are, but I can't believe that guy said this based on what your avatar says... funny. For what it's worth, you've been real patient and helpful.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    03-24-14 06:32 PM
    Thank you!! I should have thought about it but Thank you nevertheless! yes, I did configure my work email once the phone but I believe the issue started before that but I couldn't be sure. Let me check if removing the account helps. Is there any work-around for this limitation?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:48 PM
    Thank you!! I should have thought about it but Thank you nevertheless! yes, I did configure my work email once the phone but I believe the issue started before that but I couldn't be sure. Let me check if removing the account helps. Is there any work-around for this limitation?

Posted via CB10
    It's not a limitation, it's a security requirement being pushed down from your work. The picture password is not a strong password mechanism, so if your IT policy requires a password with a minimum length then you can't use it.

Sorry I don't have a way around the security policy setting. If I did though, then it would really be a true policy setting. :-)

03-25-14 05:11 AM
    Yea, I understand that, maybe limitation was a wrong choice of words. Anyways, thanks for your detailed responses.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 09:44 AM
    Yea, I understand that, maybe limitation was a wrong choice of words. Anyways, thanks for your detailed responses.

Posted via CB10
    No problem.

If you found a response on the forums helpful, please use the Thanks button on it.

yuvaraki likes this.
    03-25-14 04:54 PM
    Done. Didn't know this feature was available on the app.

Posted via CB10
    HotFix likes this.
    03-25-14 05:06 PM
    Wifi calling only works if you're on TMobile US and on a Z10. If that's the case you'll get an OTA update too.
    I was under the impression it worked fine on the Q10 as well.

Just not the Z30 or any other device T-Mobile USA never sold.
    03-26-14 03:48 AM
    P.S: I have been facing over-heating issues since I got this phone but the seller is sending a replacement battery and I hope that will fix the problem. Other than that, is there something that I can check to pin-point the heating issue? It doesn't have to be connected to the network. Simple puzzle game is causing the device to heat-up badly. Skype on wi-fi makes me want to drop the phone off within first 2-3 mins of the call.
    Go to Settings/App Manager/Device Monitor, press the "CPU" tab, select the desired timeframe at the top (ie 12, 24, 48 hours, NOT "current"), then you will see a list of processes on the device and their cumulative CPU usage over that timeframe, in descending order. The processes near the top are the ones most likely to be heating up the device. (At least as an average over the selected timeframe)

Skype may not cause the device to heat up a lot by itself, but it might if you have other simultaneous CPU-hogging processes.

Many Android apps will hog system resources even when they are not visibly running, for example.

Is the ambient temperature there hot? That will exacerbate the issue as well. (Looking at current conditions - it is 97F/36C in Hyderabad right now. That can't help. )
    03-26-14 03:54 AM
    I was under the impression it worked fine on the Q10 as well.

Just not the Z30 or any other device T-Mobile USA never sold.
    Yes, you're correct. It should also work on the Q10 on TMobile.
    03-26-14 06:21 AM
    Updated my AT&T Z10 to .2228 using T-Mobile carrier code on Sachesi. Everything is running great with one major exception. The Hub doesn't show my text messages when I go to the text message folder but they show up in the Hub. On top of that, I'm not getting any notifications when I receive a text nor do they show up on the lock screen. Anyone have solution for this? Battery pull and multiple restarts have done nothing.
    03-27-14 09:23 AM
    Updated my AT&T Z10 to .2228 using T-Mobile carrier code on Sachesi. Everything is running great with one major exception. The Hub doesn't show my text messages when I go to the text message folder but they show up in the Hub. On top of that, I'm not getting any notifications when I receive a text nor do they show up on the lock screen. Anyone have solution for this? Battery pull and multiple restarts have done nothing.
    I answered this under the Sachesi thread as well:

Could be an APN settings problem. Check under your mobile network settings for APN at the bottom and also under settings in the Hub under Text Messages, Advanced. There were some APN issues early on with 10.2.1.xxxx, and most of them were resolved with an autoload or re-autoload to the OS (not via Sachesi), which is a pain. My own APN problem was only resolved by getting a new SIM card from AT&T, which solved it immediately.

Whether it will work for you with the text messages I don't know.
    03-27-14 03:23 PM
    Does anyone have the auto loader for this OS? I need the official to talk to TMO and BB again and was hoping to download from my phone and then transfer to my computer. My phone is 4GLTE, my computer is DSL, yes thats right DSL, so I dont want to go the Sachesi route. All links on BitCasa and Mega have been removed.
    12-31-14 07:14 PM
    Does anyone have the auto loader for this OS? I need the official to talk to TMO and BB again and was hoping to download from my phone and then transfer to my computer. My phone is 4GLTE, my computer is DSL, yes thats right DSL, so I dont want to go the Sachesi route. All links on BitCasa and Mega have been removed.
    If you can't find autoloader, try using mobile hotspot pairing with your pc or laptop, then use sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    jelp2 likes this.
    12-31-14 08:39 PM
    If you can't find autoloader, try using mobile hotspot pairing with your pc or laptop, then use sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    I used my monthly allotment already for hotspot. I have to wait until Jan 11th. Don't want to wait that long.
    12-31-14 08:48 PM
    You can download it from my FTP site: ftp://ftp.sv-cs.com/BlackBerry/Z10_1..._STL100-2-3.7z

This was a leak download, so I am not 100% positive it's what you need.
    jelp2 likes this.
    01-01-15 03:05 AM
    You can download it from my FTP site: ftp://ftp.sv-cs.com/BlackBerry/Z10_1..._STL100-2-3.7z

This was a leak download, so I am not 100% positive it's what you need.
    This is great, thank you! As long as it's the latest official version TMO is on, which it is, I can get past the "unofficial software" nonsense they keep saying to me.
    01-01-15 09:21 AM
674 ... 252627