Have you read any of this thread. Just saying you should research before loading any OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-files-840709/

Via CB10 Rockin Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2228
    03-17-14 10:49 PM
    Thank you! Located it earlier on thurask's great list. Unsure what I'm doing about the bad q10 radio at the moment, since we're working on the mms problem too. Might end in a wipe and in that case, I'll load a different radio at that time.

FWIW, I put sim in my z10, and preliminary testing? It's cell reception is pretty darn good so far, but only used it in one location. I'll use it tomorrow for more calls as I'm traveling and update any change.. Either way, it's still an improvement over the q10, which goes in and out and... gargly ugh No good clarity even when dialing out. NYC metro and Long Island.
    03-17-14 11:33 PM
    Only rescinded for the Z10. Not for the Q10.

I would love to see an official response from T-Mobile on this. My guess is they had reception issues with the Z10 radio.

Ha! I wished they'd take the q10 down and fix that radio. My z10 sounds much better than my q.

posted via laptop->website z10/q10 10.2.1.2228
    03-17-14 11:38 PM
    First of all, there are 3 version numbers, you are using the wrong one:

OS version (This is the important one)
    Software Release version
    Radio version

"Software Release" is the OS/radio/apps bundle. Please use "OS version" when discussion operating systems.

Radio files are matched to OS version, and generally should always be one integer "higher" than the OS version. That means for OS version 10.2.1.2228, the radio version should be 10.2.1.2229.

The filename list you copied from thurask's post are only the APP BAR files. You still need the OS and Radio BAR files to do an update.

The "debrick" or ".signed" files cannot be used for an incremental update. They are useless to you.

You need:

1. Core OS BAR file
    2. Radio BAR file
    3. All the other application BAR files

Re: item #3: if you KNOW what OS you have currently installed, and you are SURE it has not been modified from the stock configuration, then you can just use the "changed BAR files" list and only need those files in addition to the core OS/Radio files. You CAN extract those files from the debrick file, but it will be missing the core OS and radio files.

I already posted links to how-to's about how to use Sachesi to do this. If you need more information, I suggest you ask your question in the following thread, as it is more on-topic there:

Thanks for everything. I received more help from you than any other p. There are so many errors, on these current os am running and that why I want to upgrade it,
    I assumed I downloaded the wrong files, but have tried using sachesi for the upgrade and I saw v10.2.1.2141, how do I get v10.2.1.2228...

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 01:22 AM
    Ha! I wished they'd take the q10 down and fix that radio. My z10 sounds much better than my q.

posted via laptop->website z10/q10 10.2.1.2228
    How did you get to upgrade ur Z10 to v10.2.1.2228, please the steps....

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 01:27 AM
    Thanks for everything. I received more help from you than any other p. There are so many errors, on these current os am running and that why I want to upgrade it,
    I assumed I downloaded the wrong files, but have tried using sachesi for the upgrade and I saw v10.2.1.2141, how do I get v10.2.1.2228...

(There is an important possible problem for you on this version - check the bottom of this post.)

If you want to do an "in-place", "non-destructive" upgrade - so you preserve your existing data without having to restore it, then you can use Sachesi. I have provided you previously with links to information on how to use it.

If you don't mind losing the data/configuration on the device, or restoring it from a backup, you can use an autoloader, which is simpler and faster. Links to these for different devices are in the first post in this thread.

It is still always advisable to use BlackBerry Link or Sachesi to do a full backup of your device prior to attempting any OS upgrades.

If you choose to use Sachesi and want the latest OS that was just released by T-Mobile in the USA, then use the parameters given at the top of the first post in this thread for the settings.

HOWEVER:

You are in Nigeria, correct? On Etisalat? If that means you have the "STL100-1" version of the Z10 I do not believe there has been an incremental update file released that will work on your device if you want to use Sachesi.

The version that T-Mobile USA has released - and which Sachesi can download - is not compatible with the STL100-1 (Non-LTE) version of the Z10. Is that what you have?

If that is the case, then the only option for you if you want to preserve your data is to backup, use an autoloader, then do a restore.

Bear in mind, the backup/restore will NOT restore your Android apps - and it looks like you've got a fair number of those.

Also bear in mind, since it looks like you've been installing Google frameworks and so on - you will probably have to do that all over again, as a restore will not restore modified OS components.
    03-18-14 02:10 AM
    I downloaded the file from the first post but I cant extract it. I get an error what am I missing?Attachment 256012

If I were to guess, based on that screenshot, I'd say you might be out of diskspace to extract the file.
    03-18-14 02:15 AM
    How did you get to upgrade ur Z10 to v10.2.1.2228, please the steps....
    May I ask what model of Z10 (BlackBerry Z10 - Model Comparison) is in your hand?

Perhaps you had better stop fiddling with Sachesi and use such an autoloader (OS Version 10.2.1.2228 / Radio Version 10.2.1.2229 / Software Release Version 10.2.1.2156) as appropriate to the model of your Z10 in order to update the entire software (the core OS, the radio, and all the other application programs) of your Z10.

T-Mobile OS 10.2.1.2228 now available! - If you prefer loading your OS from scratch, here are the Autoloaders:
    03-18-14 05:21 AM
    (There is an important possible problem for you on this version - check the bottom of this post.)

If you want to do an "in-place", "non-destructive" upgrade - so you preserve your existing data without having to restore it, then you can use Sachesi. I have provided you previously with links to information on how to use it.

If you don't mind losing the data/configuration on the device, or restoring it from a backup, you can use an autoloader, which is simpler and faster. Links to these for different devices are in the first post in this thread.

It is still always advisable to use BlackBerry Link or Sachesi to do a full backup of your device prior to attempting any OS upgrades.

If you choose to use Sachesi and want the latest OS that was just released by T-Mobile in the USA, then use the parameters given at the top of the first post in this thread for the settings.

HOWEVER:

You are in Nigeria, correct? On Etisalat? If that means you have the "STL100-1" version of the Z10 I do not believe there has been an incremental update file released that will work on your device if you want to use Sachesi.

The version that T-Mobile USA has released - and which Sachesi can download - is not compatible with the STL100-1 (Non-LTE) version of the Z10. Is that what you have?

If that is the case, then the only option for you if you want to preserve your data is to backup, use an autoloader, then do a restore.

Bear in mind, the backup/restore will NOT restore your Android apps - and it looks like you've got a fair number of those.

Also bear in mind, since it looks like you've been installing Google frameworks and so on - you will probably have to do that all over again, as a restore will not restore modified OS components.
    Thank you very much, I will try to download the autoloader. My data has expired...I will let you know when am thru.....stay blessed.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 07:04 AM
    Anyone having android runtime issues on Z30 this OS?
    03-18-14 09:17 AM
    If I were to guess, based on that screenshot, I'd say you might be out of diskspace to extract the file.
    I get that error every once in a while but never out of space, I just keep trying to download it till it works.
    03-18-14 09:19 AM
    Anyone having android runtime issues on Z30 this OS?
    None herr
    03-18-14 09:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can upgrade non-destructively using Sachesi from 10.2.1.2141 to 10.2.1.2228. I'm an STL 1 user as well, and I did mine that way. Here are the files you will need.

Core OS only, No apps >> http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

Radio >> http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

Updated apps from 10.2.1.2141 to 10.2.1.2228 (Credit to Thurask for providing this link) >> http://l.bitcasa.com/Araf4vLm

After upgrading successfully, you might notice your Software Release hasn't changed from 10.2.1.2102 to 10.2.1.2156, just go to Settings > About > under 'Category', select 'Network' and press the overflow button at the bottom right and 'Register BlackBerry'. It will change once registered.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    zmsox and Omnitech like this.
    03-18-14 10:41 AM
    trying to upadate using sachesi, got error message with "rcse" went to software updates and says new update installing (371 mb) i am on verizon with a z10 - stl-4
    03-18-14 11:56 AM
    This is why these days I do Sachesi updates in two stages: install the folder of APP BAR files first, so if any fail I can easily put them aside and retry without the device trying to install the core OS and restart and end up booting with a frankensteined OS.

See also my suggestion about uninstalling/reinstalling Docs to Go.
    I was about to uninstall Docs2Go, but I received a notification that Verizon had pushed an update to my phone. After the reboot, it says I'm at software version 2122 and OS 2174, the same thing that was pushed out to WWBlondiedo last week. So I'm still down a version. I may try uninstalling Docs2Go and rerunning the Sachesi install, but since I'm pretty close with an official version just pushed by my carrier, I may just let it ride. At least Verizon is finally getting on the ball with updates! I imagine the only difference between what was just pushed and the T-Mobile version is the addition of wifi calling.
    03-18-14 12:01 PM
    I don't know. I'm not a T-Mobile customer, see no evidence anyone here has actually asked them about this, and I could find nothing on their website pertaining to it.

Bear in mind, there are other ways to get the update if you want it, even if T-Mobile is not offering it over-the-air right now.

Also not available through link. I would also like to find another T-Mobile 10.1 user that received notification to update and didn't update before it disappeared. I can't be the only one.

Poetry in Motion
    03-18-14 12:01 PM
    Happened to both me and my wife - had T-Mobile notice of OS upgrade availability, decided to wait until that evening to do it, and by then it had disappeared. So what do we do now...wait?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 12:09 PM
    Happened to both me and my wife - had T-Mobile notice of OS upgrade availability, decided to wait until that evening to do it, and by then it had disappeared. So what do we do now...wait?

Posted via CB10
    What day did you receive notification?

Poetry in Motion
    03-18-14 12:11 PM
    For those looking for the files. I already uploaded it check my post at the previous page/s
    03-18-14 12:15 PM
    do we need to do a security wipe after installing a new os,if yes how come its going to help as loading new os itself deletes everything.
    03-18-14 12:24 PM
    Strictly my experience and take. Never done a security wipe using autoloader or sachesi. Maybe I should say never say never.
    03-18-14 12:36 PM
    yes...open Sachesi....download 2228 using this credentials in Sachesi:
    Carrier: 160
    Device: Z10
    Variant: STL 100-3

After that delete this file (qc8960-10.2.1.2229-nto+armle-v7+signed) in the dowloaded folder and substitute it with this one for Z30: http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

After that flash the complete folder in Sachesi and you are done...I did it that way and all is working fine
    I have used the options listed above: 310/160/Z10/STL-100-3 But each time, it FAILS to find an update available for the Z10 but I can get for the Q10. What can I do to get the Z10 files??
    03-18-14 12:54 PM
    One of my Z10's will not show texts in the text area of hub or from text icon. All texts do show in the main hub screen but jumbled with all emails and other stuff... how can I fix? I used Sachesi and reloaded 2156 and 2228 but same issue
    03-18-14 01:45 PM
    I have used the options listed above: 310/160/Z10/STL-100-3 But each time, it FAILS to find an update available for the Z10 but I can get for the Q10. What can I do to get the Z10 files??
    Go to post #481. That person kindly posted an update to Mega. Download it to your computer for your Z10, unzip it, then drag and drop the unzipped folder into your device via Sachesi.

The reason you can't find the Z10 OS update with Sachesi is it has been taken down by TMobile.
    Last edited by newcollector; 03-18-14 at 03:42 PM.
    03-18-14 02:05 PM
    So yeah since the files for the Z10 STL100-2/3 we're removed from Sachesi/T-mobile database, I opted to upload and share the files I got from Sachesi for this OS. Hence, I'm sorry but I deleted the MyT-mobile bar because I am not a T-mobile user, but everything else is here even the Wi-Fi Calling and Slacker Radio.

Follow the steps in case you don't know how to:
    1) Download the file from this LINK.
    2) Unzip the file or folder.
    3) Connect your Phone
    4) Launch Sachesi.
    5) Click Install from Folder.
    6) Head over to the extracted folder and select it.
    7) Wait for it to finish.
    8) Once done, Enjoy!

LINK: https://mega.co.nz/#!8x43kYiD!ipDQnd...ve6k6UzPPhT-sY

LINK: https://mega.co.nz/#!8x43kYiD!ipDQnd...ve6k6UzPPhT-sY

(THIS IS NOT AN AUTOLOADER, THESE ARE THE BAR FILES FOUND BEFORE IN SACHESI)
    Just got my verzion z30 i will be using on att. i updated it with the software update that was pushed to the phone currently 10.2.1.2126. Tried updating with the instructions above. I'm still at 2126. Restarted phone. Could i be doing something wrong?
    03-18-14 10:01 PM
674 ... 2122232425 ...