excellent, thanks a million... i will do this and report how it goes... great to have some many people willing to help... one of the reasons why i stay with blackberry, the devices and crackberry... thanks!

you don't have to add the one for Wifi calling, cause it's already inside the folder...rest is fine
    03-14-14 08:20 AM
    Snap not working on my Z30 Verizon. Used autoloader. Can download apps with Snap but they will not load.
    03-14-14 08:20 AM
    Hi, I downloaded all Z10 files for my Z30, replaced the one Radio file (?) as recommended and updated with Sachesi.
    Everything is working, BUT:
    OS Version still shows like 10.2.1.2141, while radio file shows.2229
    Seems that version is not updated by the Sachesi update process. Anyone can confirm?
    03-14-14 08:22 AM
    Can I download the ota version to my unlocked z30 although tmo doesn't carry the z30? Or do I need to use the z30 autoloader???

BlackBerry 4Life
    03-14-14 08:27 AM
    Hi, I downloaded all Z10 files for my Z30, replaced the one Radio file (?) as recommended and updated with Sachesi.
    Seems that version is not updated by the Sachesi update process. Anyone can confirm?
    if you only downloaded the 21 files that changed + Radio File, this is how it works...you did not install the new OS, but just the new files

Snap not working on my Z30 Verizon. Used autoloader. Can download apps with Snap but they will not load.
    works fine for me, updated via Sachesi
    03-14-14 08:28 AM
    Can I use the ota download for my unlocked Z30 for tmo or do I need to use the autoloader version specifically for the Z30

BlackBerry 4Life
    03-14-14 08:30 AM
    do you have an OTA file to install from T-Mobile? if you do, then yes, you can install it directly... if not, you can use sachesi (look at my questions in pages 10 and 11, i was in the same situation like you until minutes ago when people , i am installing now) or use an autoloader... difference, autoloader it's destructive installation (you will wipe out your device and all the info in there), sachesi will keep your data in the device, as OTA installation...

Can I download the ota version to my unlocked z30 although tmo doesn't carry the z30? Or do I need to use the z30 autoloader???

BlackBerry 4Life
    03-14-14 08:32 AM
    Nevermind, what I posted had already been posted way earlier in the thread.

Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by jwarman; 03-14-14 at 08:45 AM.
    03-14-14 08:32 AM
    if you only downloaded the 21 files that changed + Radio File, this is how it works...you did not install the new OS, but just the new files
    Merci
    03-14-14 08:34 AM
    I got this downloaded and installed on my t-mobile Z10 and it is working fine. The one thing that I did notice is the wifi calling app is not available in BBW but wifi calling works fine. Once the update was finished I answered some texts and it informed me that I just sent my first text using wifi, and made calls using wifi. Once I left my house and was driving device let's me to know that I need to find wifi access to make phone calls and face me a choice to wait or access one, I just canceled that and continued to make calls via network.
    Now this wifi calling has settled in and it just switches without me having to do anything but I still get notifications that wifi calling is enabled or not.

Thanks T-Mobile for dropping this on us all.

Anyone else went through this?

Posted via CB10 on the BB Z10
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    03-14-14 08:36 AM
    Thank you thurask.
    03-14-14 08:43 AM
    I got this downloaded and installed on my t-mobile Z10 and it is working fine. The one thing that I did notice is the wifi calling app is not available in BBW but wifi calling works fine. Once the update was finished I answered some texts and it informed me that I just sent my first text using wifi, and made calls using wifi. Once I left my house and was driving device let's me to know that I need to find wifi access to make phone calls and face me a choice to wait or access one, I just canceled that and continued to make calls via network.
    Now this wifi calling has settled in and it just switches without me having to do anything but I still get notifications that wifi calling is enabled or not.

Thanks T-Mobile for dropping this on us all.

Anyone else went through this?

Posted via CB10 on the BB Z10
    There should be a wifi calling app that allows you to choose whether to make calls over wifi or cellular.
    Last edited by John Clark; 03-14-14 at 08:54 AM.
    03-14-14 08:44 AM
    Im in the same boat but I have not tried the text over wifi ( which is what I use BBM for). I also has previously removed the t mobile wifi app so I think wifi calling is baked into the OS.

I've used wifi calling on a different T-mobile phone ( WP8) and there was always a way to set the priority ( i.e always use wifi calling, use wifi calling when avaialble, never use wifi calling) that I dont see on the Z10. if you go to settings, network and connections it says IMS status is connected. If you click that icon the only think is a slider for IMS services which is greyed out.

Does anyone know how to set the call priority ? for the most part I dont care, but if I make a call from one location ( say my office) and then walk to go get lunch, i'd like to be able to use the network as opposed to wifi to prevent it dropping out.

As you pay for minutes with wifi calling, as long as you bars its the same thing. My preference would be largely to use network and then only enable wifi calling in the cases where I am getting poor network reception ( like in basements of buildings).

Thanks
    03-14-14 09:08 AM
    Is it through sachesi for z30 bell canada? What is the setting for sachesi?

Dr Prithvi Sent by Z30/OS 2141 frm CB10
    03-14-14 09:13 AM
    In that case, if means you didn't load the core OS
    If it is done correctly, the OS version will update, but often times the software version will take a while to update (it won't update if your carrier isn't pushing the firmware version)
    03-14-14 09:15 AM
    The loading itself is not done through SNAP, but the native apk installer.
    Did you open another android app first? You need to initiate the runtime
    03-14-14 09:16 AM

BlackBerry 4Life
    You wont be able to download it OTA because TMobile isn't pushing it for Z30
    But you can update non-destructively via sachesi, though i won't suggest it
    03-14-14 09:17 AM
    Is it through sachesi for z30 bell canada? What is the setting for sachesi?

Dr Prithvi Sent by Z30/OS 2141 frm CB10
    Canadian carriers aren't pushing it yet
    AFAIK, no carrier is pushing it for the Z30, so you will have to download the autoloader and install it destructively
    03-14-14 09:17 AM
    Hi, Could I use the same files for the STL100-3 on my STL100-2? Because I want to use the Sachesi (for a nondestructive update), but before I brick the phone I prefer to be 100% sure (I�m 90% sure that I can, because these two models had the same chipset, only differs on the #G/LTE frequencies) that this is correct.
    03-14-14 09:22 AM
    Installed this OTA about 5 am today. It went smoothly.Now to sideload the Porsche Designs Clock.
    03-14-14 09:26 AM
    .... I also has previously removed the t mobile wifi app so I think wifi calling is baked into the OS.

I've used wifi calling on a different T-mobile phone ( WP8) and there was always a way to set the priority ( i.e always use wifi calling, use wifi calling when avaialble, never use wifi calling) that I dont see on the Z10. if you go to settings, network and connections it says IMS status is connected. If you click that icon the only think is a slider for IMS services which is greyed out.

Does anyone know how to set the call priority ? for the most part I dont care, but if I make a call from one location ( say my office) and then walk to go get lunch, i'd like to be able to use the network as opposed to wifi to prevent it dropping out.

As you pay for minutes with wifi calling, as long as you bars its the same thing. My preference would be largely to use network and then only enable wifi calling in the cases where I am getting poor network reception ( like in basements of buildings).

Thanks
    You need the wifi calling app in order to set the priority. It seems wifi calling is baked into the radio files since I have the same OS on my Z30 with all the same apps including the wifi calling app. The only difference is the radio file I used is for the Z30 not the Z10.
    03-14-14 09:35 AM
    Canadian carriers aren't pushing it yet
    AFAIK, no carrier is pushing it for the Z30, so you will have to download the autoloader and install it destructively
    I was actually able to non-destructively update my Z30 (Verizon) using the debrick files. This is the first time I've actually successfully non-destructively updated - on every other attempt with my Z10 I had serious issues. Worked perfectly last night on both my Z30 and Z10.
    03-14-14 09:41 AM
    I was actually able to non-destructively update my Z30 (Verizon) using the debrick files. This is the first time I've actually successfully non-destructively updated - on every other attempt with my Z10 I had serious issues. Worked perfectly last night on both my Z30 and Z10.
    You know that just the two debrick files don't give you the full update, right? You got the core OS and the radio but not the updated apps.
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-14-14 09:44 AM
    The loading itself is not done through SNAP, but the native apk installer.
    Did you open another android app first? You need to initiate the runtime
    Tried to open Skype and Kobo, both start to load but then just close immediately. Any thoughts?
    03-14-14 09:52 AM
    thanks,
    just to be clear the tmobile wifi app in BBworld ( the one that has not been updated to the best of my knowledge) now does not enable wifi-calling but is used simply to set priority ?

I loaded a leak pretty soon after getting the phone but lamented the lack of wifi calling ( im often in bunker like buildings that have wifi but bars are spotty) so this should be the best of both worlds.
    03-14-14 09:53 AM
674 ... 910111213 ...