T-Mobile Will Reportedly Offer Android-Running BlackBerry Venice : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

As the saying goes...I'll believe it when I see it.

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    08-11-15 09:08 AM
    A few sites posted this yesterday... none had a source.

The first one I read, actually said that there would be an Android version of the Venice and a BlackBerry version of the Venice. So it seems more like someone read a few forum post somewhere and just blogged a "story" and others have picked up on it.

But it is good that is "seems" as if both AT&T and T-Mobile are interested in the new Phone.... based on sales for the Passport and Classic combined, that is good to hear.
    08-11-15 10:37 AM
    A few sites posted this yesterday... none had a source.

The first one I read, actually said that there would be an Android version of the Venice and a BlackBerry version of the Venice. So it seems more like someone read a few forum post somewhere and just blogged a "story" and others have picked up on it.

But it is good that is "seems" as if both AT&T and T-Mobile are interested in the new Phone.... based on sales for the Passport and Classic combined, that is good to hear.
    Agreed! Can't wait to see the side by side comparisons (UI speaking of course) between the two. My personal preference will always be BB10 and I'm sure when this device is released...Google Play services will finally/officially work with the Android runtime. With that being said...that's the icing on the cake for BB10. It's also nice that if there is an Android option, more options for those who prefer that OS and UI.

08-11-15 10:45 AM
    Agreed! Can't wait to see the side by side comparisons (UI speaking of course) between the two. My personal preference will always be BB10 and I'm sure when this device is released...Google Play services will finally/officially work with the Android runtime. With that being said...that's the icing on the cake for BB10. It's also nice that if there is an Android option, more options for those who prefer that OS and UI.

Side by side comparison..... speculation.

GPS on the BB10 runtime.... speculation and wishful thinking.

Options..... speculation.

Personally I think BB10 is finished... no developer road map or updates, no indication of internal or carrier testing of BB10. And I just can't see splitting their production and marketshare between two OS's and then having to maintain BB10 with that limited revenue stream.

Yes I know BB10 is more secure and has all kinds of security certifications... but if it doesn't support the cost of development, then it isn't a viable product. So IF Chen goes Android, I would imagine it would be ALL IN as one last gamble to keep hardware business going. Especially when EVERYTHING we know about Google's past dealings with OHA members point to the BB10 Runtime as being a barrier to GPS.

It's possible that 10.3.3 is going to be very different in order for it to work with the slider and maybe those "edge" notifications if that is truly an edge screen. Maybe GPS and Android has nothing to do with the Venice??

But right now all we really know is that BlackBerry is planning to release a Slider this fall and that Chen said they are working on BB10.3.3....
    1magine likes this.
    08-11-15 11:05 AM
    My dream is BB10 with full GPS integration, but I'll settle for Android with a BlackBerry "skin" that includes gestures and Hub!

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7 likes this.
    08-12-15 07:55 AM
    My dream is BB10 with full GPS integration, but I'll settle for Android with a BlackBerry "skin" that includes gestures and Hub!

Posted via CB10
    GPS or Google Services?

Posted with my  Classic
    08-12-15 10:09 AM
    GPS or Google Services?

Posted with my  Classic
    GPS = Google Play Services

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 10:54 AM
    GPS = Google Play Services

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Yes that would be a very good thing

Posted with my  Classic
    08-12-15 11:56 AM
    In theory it is possible to keep BB10 and GPS...
    All Blackberry has to do is kill BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 02:07 PM
    BlackBerry world is stupid and waste of space on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 04:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    You have no native BlackBerry apps? Really???

Anyway if this is true off to T-Mobile I go. Immediately.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 06:17 PM
    In theory it is possible to keep BB10 and GPS...
    All Blackberry has to do is kill BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    And pay for GPS, right?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 08:51 PM
    GPS or Google Services?

Posted with my  Classic
    What's with the kindergarten abbreviating? GPS for Google play services... OG for the first Passport. Can't wait to rag on what comes next.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 11:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    ok..... so why do you have a BB10 phone? o.O

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 11:33 PM
    ok..... so why do you have a BB10 phone? o.O

Posted via CB10
    There are plenty of reasons to have a BlackBerry phone, none of which are BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 04:21 AM
    So the uncarrier is releasing the unblackberry, perfect.

Like it was said before I'll believe it when I see it.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.2339
    08-13-15 11:22 AM
    There are plenty of reasons to have a BlackBerry phone, none of which are BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    K, so you're implying a BlackBerry 10 phone is only good for its core apps, keyboard, and android capabilities? O.o

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 06:06 PM
    What's with the kindergarten abbreviating? GPS for Google play services... OG for the first Passport. Can't wait to rag on what comes next.

Posted via CB10
    I don't really mind OG Passport, but when GPS is already a widely used acronym for something else, to the point where many would struggle to tell you what it stands for (they simply know it as GPS)...it's silly to use it for something else.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 08:50 PM
    I don't really mind OG Passport, but when GPS is already a widely used acronym for something else, to the point where many would struggle to tell you what it stands for (they simply know it as GPS)...it's silly to use it for something else.

Posted via CB10
    its getting out of hand. as far as OG Passport... is it so hard to type The 1st Passport?
    08-13-15 08:56 PM
    And pay for GPS, right?

Posted via CB10
    GPS is a free feature on phones.
    08-13-15 08:57 PM
    its getting out of hand. as far as OG Passport... is it so hard to type The 1st Passport?
    Or even just "Passport" which is distinct from AT&T Passport and Silver Passport.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    08-13-15 09:36 PM
    K, so you're implying a BlackBerry 10 phone is only good for its core apps, keyboard, and android capabilities? O.o

Posted via CB10
    Yup, pretty much sums it up

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 07:04 AM
    Or even just "Passport" which is distinct from AT&T Passport and Silver Passport.

Posted via CB10
    PP

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 07:04 AM
    Yup, pretty much sums it up

Posted via CB10
    wow.. way to underuse an amazing device.
    08-14-15 09:05 AM
    I have absolutely no interest in the Venice if it comes with Android.
    Seems more and more like the Passport will be my last BlackBerry device.
    Too late tmobile, too little too late.

Supporting the workers struggle world wide via my BB,Z30
    08-15-15 01:12 PM