I´m using kerio like exchange server and my domain regarding the spam worries should be eventually send to pm.
    Kerio mail server use the 14v of Exchange and they are using the standard version of Exchange (or they said this).
    07-24-19 12:04 AM
    I´m using kerio like exchange server and my domain regarding the spam worries should be eventually send to pm.
    Kerio mail server use the 14v of Exchange and they are using the standard version of Exchange (or they said this).
    Ah, so that explains it! Mese, Kerio actually is not a full implementation of Exchange--they aren't a Microsoft Exchange server at all but rather a third-party competitor. They claim to use Exchange ActiveSync, but this does not apply to Notes on Kerio inherently as it does with true Microsoft-based Exchange servers (or Office 365).

There is an app known as Kerio Connect which can be run on a computer which will help you sync those notes, but if Tasks and Notes for Exchange is working for you and your company has to use Kerio then that's fine. Just wanted to clarify the point that that's the reason BB10 isn't inherently syncing your Remember notes.

If you're curious, here's Kerio's own support page on setting up ActiveSync for Android devices (which are usually how most third-party entities recognize BB10 these days):

https://manuals.gfi.com/en/kerio/con...vices-883.html
    07-24-19 10:54 PM
    Thanks for all your help TrumpetTiger!
    I've got it all up and running like a beauty. I'm super stocked about it. I used an old uni email I still have which is through Office365, set that up and got a nice surprise, a new "Sync Memos" appeared whereas with outlook.com configured via exchange that option was never present.

My conclusion from all this is that free outlook.com accounts cannot sync notes to/from BB10 Remember. But I would be happy to be proved wrong by anyone on that. At this point I believe it's only possible to sync remember notes via EAS through a paid exchange product (Office365/G Suite/etc) which is a bit of bummer for us Remember fans but at least it works.

I'm hopeful that because this solution doesn't require any BBW apps it might continue to be viable beyond 31/12/2019? But maybe I'm just getting my hopes up

Anyway thanks again TrumpetTiger. You're a hero. Saved the day!.
    Sorry, I just saw this thread. Your conclusion is correct, Outlook.com doesn't offer a true MS Cloud Exchange server for you to use that can sync Notes, but Office 365 does.

Microsoft deprecated Notes in Outlook years ago, and removed it from the default settings, but has maintained it in Exchange Server for backward compatibility for enterprises. They want consumers to use OneNote instead.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    07-25-19 10:09 AM
    Sorry, I just saw this thread. Your conclusion is correct, Outlook.com doesn't offer a true MS Cloud Exchange server for you to use that can sync Notes, but Office 365 does.

Microsoft deprecated Notes in Outlook years ago, and removed it from the default settings, but has maintained it in Exchange Server for backward compatibility for enterprises. They want consumers to use OneNote instead.

I use OneNote and it is a great product for keeping up with more complex information. But do miss the old days...
    07-25-19 10:19 AM
    Hello
    The only way to have Exchange notes sync with BB10 is to install third party app from Android Store. I usually install Task and Notes Exchange and working flawlessly without issues. And is perfectly integrated with whole system.
    The Remember and Exchange notes (and the same with Android BB notes) are incompatible and I dont know the reason. In the past (some older ver of BB10) Remember and Exchange notes was worked with no issues... but not now.
    Regards
    This is only true for Outlook.com. My business has a Cloud Exchange server as part of our Office 365 E3 account, and notes sync perfectly between the Outlook desktop or Web app (NOT Outlook.com), BB10 Remember, iOS Outlook app, and Android BlackBerry Hub+ Notes.

07-25-19 10:20 AM

Hey bb10,

Do you have a KB on MS deprecating Exchange notes? Since they still offer them on 365 (with no EOL or deprecation notices to my knowledge) they aren't removing them anytmie soon so far as I am aware.

They do indeed want people to use the cloud-based or Windows 10 app-based versions of OneNote and HAVE deprecated the desktop version of that application, but no action has been taken regarding Exchange-based Notes as far as I know...
    08-01-19 04:41 AM
    Hey bb10,

Do you have a KB on MS deprecating Exchange notes? Since they still offer them on 365 (with no EOL or deprecation notices to my knowledge) they aren't removing them anytmie soon so far as I am aware.

They do indeed want people to use the cloud-based or Windows 10 app-based versions of OneNote and HAVE deprecated the desktop version of that application, but no action has been taken regarding Exchange-based Notes as far as I know...
    I do, but I'll have to find it. Specifically, they deprecated the feature in Outlook, and removed it from the default views. It was a while ago, like 2013-15 I think.

08-01-19 03:46 PM
    I do, but I'll have to find it. Specifically, they deprecated the feature in Outlook, and removed it from the default views. It was a while ago, like 2013-15 I think.

We may just be viewing the term "deprecated" differently, but if you have the KB I'd be interested. No worries if it takes a while to find or what have you though; I'm confident Notes will be around for a while to come yet.
    08-01-19 05:19 PM
    We may just be viewing the term "deprecated" differently, but if you have the KB I'd be interested. No worries if it takes a while to find or what have you though; I'm confident Notes will be around for a while to come yet.
    I am using the term that Microsoft used in the announcement. But to be clear, they deprecated it in Outlook, not in Exchange server. I'm almost certain is was when they removed Notes from the default folder list in Outlook 2013.

08-01-19 06:51 PM
34 12