Despite the fact that BB10 syncs ok with Google accounts ( Contacts, Calendar, Gmail..etc ) it still continues to show flaws, like meaningful lags, lost of contacts or their info. I decided to move all this to Outlook, which syncs amazingly fast and flawless. I think in the last time, Google is coming to work flawlessly with Android alone, so after many years of working with Gmail, I prefer to go Outlook. Are platforms taking sides already?
    03-17-15 01:25 PM
    I've never used any GMail services, yet I had virtually no problems with outlook.com. Setup on all my BB10 devices was flawless, the only issue I encountered once were duplicate calendar entries. Deleting and re-adding the account on the phone solved this.
    Only as of late, when switching to 10.3.1 due to the Classic, I got quite some lag after adding a new calendar appointment. That didn't happen on neither my Q10 running 10.2.2 or Passport running 10.3.0 - so I guess this might be a BlackBerry related issue.

A month ago I switched to a rather small, paid mail provider, where I also setup CardDAV for conacts and CalDAV for calendars. It works very well, the mentioned lag for the calendar appointments is gone too.

Posted via CB10
    pstrusi likes this.
    03-17-15 06:11 PM
    Despite the fact that BB10 syncs ok with Google accounts ( Contacts, Calendar, Gmail..etc ) it still continues to show flaws, like meaningful lags, lost of contacts or their info. I decided to move all this to Outlook, which syncs amazingly fast and flawless. I think in the last time, Google is coming to work flawlessly with Android alone, so after many years of working with Gmail, I prefer to go Outlook. Are platforms taking sides already?
    I don't think Blackberry plays nice with anything other than Outlook/Exchange. What I mean is full functionality for example we use Google Apps at work and I can't get my shared departmental calendar on my Blackberry only my individual account calendar.

I use iCloud for personal stuff my contact groups don't sync and none of the contact assigned pictures appear. Syncing data such as contact info and calendars is done on a time interval rather than a "push". Again the only exception is if you're using Exchange ActiveSync.
    03-18-15 06:17 PM
    Gmail is pop. Outlook is activesync.

Google used to give activesync free but I think now it's a paid service.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 06:58 PM
    I've never used any GMail services, yet I had virtually no problems with outlook.com. Setup on all my BB10 devices was flawless, the only issue I encountered once were duplicate calendar entries. Deleting and re-adding the account on the phone solved this.
    Only as of late, when switching to 10.3.1 due to the Classic, I got quite some lag after adding a new calendar appointment. That didn't happen on neither my Q10 running 10.2.2 or Passport running 10.3.0 - so I guess this might be a BlackBerry related issue.

A month ago I switched to a rather small, paid mail provider, where I also setup CardDAV for conacts and CalDAV for calendars. It works very well, the mentioned lag for the calendar appointments is gone too.

Posted via CB10
    Please share which service?

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 08:37 PM
    Gmail is pop. Outlook is activesync.

Google used to give activesync free but I think now it's a paid service.

Posted via CB10
    Gmail contacts can be synced using carddav and you can setup Gmail email with IMAP. FYI

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-18-15 08:39 PM
    Please share which service?

Posted via CB10
    It's a german mail provider called Posteo, www.posteo.de
    They offer mail, calendar and contact services starting at 1� per month.

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    03-19-15 06:17 AM
    I can offer high performance MS Exchange for as few as just 1 account. PM me.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    03-19-15 07:27 AM
    i just switched from Gmail to Outlook for mail, my calendar and contacts still with Gmail.
    but will migrate completely soon.
    03-19-15 07:35 AM
    I have a paid Google account for business and didn't use the default bb's Gmail setup for better performance.

My personal Outlook account works flawlessly with activesync.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 07:47 AM
    Gmail contacts can be synced using carddav and you can setup Gmail email with IMAP. FYI

Posted via CB10
    My point was it's not Activesync... Activesync is push technology...instant

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    03-21-15 12:47 AM