I'm trying to sync contacts locally from my address book with Blackberry Link and my Q10 on OS X 10.9. What I'm finding is that not all of the data is coming through for example, I get some email addresses but I don't get the phone numbers. Is this a known issue or a bug is there a workaround or a fix?

I'm moving from iOS to Blackberry or attempting to and so far the experience has been a pain in the ****. It's worse than the old Palm Treo days at least Palm Desktop worked and you could import address book files.
    04-11-14 10:00 PM
    Once you have them done use contactx or max contact manager in BBW it's great for doing your contacts and they back up to your sd card.
    04-11-14 10:18 PM
    I was in the same situation some time ago and I'm really disappointed with blackberry. I wish I still use iphone and I definetely will not buy any more blackberry device. The problem is that there are too many problems like yours. I had to google too much to get probs solved while in ios everything just works. In this particular case I ended by registering google account, sync my mac contacts and add google account to the phone.
    04-12-14 07:11 AM
    I was in the same situation some time ago and I'm really disappointed with blackberry. I wish I still use iphone and I definetely will not buy any more blackberry device. The problem is that there are too many problems like yours. I had to google too much to get probs solved while in ios everything just works. In this particular case I ended by registering google account, sync my mac contacts and add google account to the phone.
    I think I figured it out, the Blackberry doesn't allow for custom named fields in the address book. So I had to rename all my custom field to "standard" fields (which there is no list of so it's trial and error). For example if my contacts hand an iPhone instead of naming their mobile number "mobile" I'd call it "iPhone" so I knew it would work with iMessage. So after changing the fields back to "mobile" for mobile number more stuff is coming through although I don't like having to verify that all the contact info came through.
    04-12-14 11:57 AM
    Also, in the mac, there is 2 names for each item. you must use the top one. If you add a contact from an email it will use the bottom one and you manually need to switch it. I am not sure why apple decided to put the upper and lower categories.

Posted via CB10
    blee4 likes this.
    04-13-14 03:55 AM
    I am also a Mac user and I discovered these issues way back when with my legacy BlackBerry devices, I moved my contacts and email to Gmail and now I can sync to any device out there and my contacts and email work fine.

Sent from z30 on T Mobile USA 10.2.1.2160
    blee4 likes this.
    04-13-14 04:53 AM