11-11-16 05:10 AM
27 12
tools
    Arg, syncing stuff is so comlex with BB10. Man it was such a fight to get my contacts to sync right with gmail so I wouldn't have to repeat everything on my PC. I have been trying to sync tasks I put in remember/calendar tasks with google tasks. Went through a bunch of complex instructions online and still can't get it.
    Anyone successfully do this?

Sidenote: this is one of the things that makes me want an android version, there is so much I love on my Z30 but so many freaken annoying things that hamper productivity w/ BB10, rather than increase it. I know many on here hate google but now a days, many of us NEED it to work right.
    09-08-15 01:36 PM
    If you're going to complain about something, complain about the right thing. Google does many things that aren't standard, a lot of it is proprietary.

Syncing contacts in a breeze on BB10, if you had such a hard time doing something so incredibly simple, then you're only going to end up smashing your head on your desk.

Syncing tasks and memos isn't an IMAP standard, it's an EAS standard. Is your Google account IMAP or EAS? Here's a clue, if you're using a normal Gmail account, it's IMAP.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 01:52 PM
    Hints don't help, I was asking how to. It's not simple in the respect that getting my contacts to sync right was a fight, as many posts on here can attribute to.

Your post is a good indicator of what I mean, I have no idea what EAS is and never had to know to sync on other devices, I just picked what I wanted to sync and it did it. With my blackberry I'm always having to research and learn all kinds of things to do something that should be simple.
    Last edited by ronpfid; 09-08-15 at 02:29 PM.
    09-08-15 02:05 PM
    Hints don't help, I was asking how to. It's not simple in the respect that getting my contacts to sync right was a fight, as many posts on here can attribute to.

Your post is a good indicator of what I mean, I have no idea what EAS is and never had to know to sync on other devices, I just picked what I wanted to sync and it did it. With my blackberry I'm always having to research and learn all kinds of things to do something that should be simple.
    He said you need to set up Gmail as an EAS account, not an imap account. That is how you do it, it wasn't a hint and that's a Google thing, not BlackBerry making it difficult. Outlook syncs tasks with imap just by turning sync tasks on when you set up the account. Outlook also syncs tasks into the remember app.

This is going to be another BlackBerry sucks google is awesome thread so the mods should just shut it down asap or go through all that trouble of deleting posts later... again.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    09-08-15 05:52 PM
    No its not that type of thread, this is a 'help, I can't figure out some thing on my blackberry with a side rant of that I did easy on my Note 4'

He didn't say set up Gmail as eas, he said syncing tasks is an eas function, which I had never heard of, also that if I'm using normal Gmail (which I am) that it's Imap.
    So I have no idea where that leaves me
    09-08-15 05:57 PM
    http://email.about.com/od/accessingg...c_Settings.htm

I've read they stop using EAS, or you have to pay for it. It's hard to find the correct info in a two second search.
    Like I was saying, outlook does this automatically. You should try outlook if you can't get Gmail to work for you.

And to sync contacts all you have to do is backup your contacts to a CVS file and import them to your mail account. Or enter them in manually. Make sure you turn on sync contacts when you set up the account on the phone and every time you save a new contact make sure you're saving it to the mail service and not local only.

09-08-15 06:08 PM
    I have contacts and calendar syncing, it's just tasks I'm trying to sync.
    So eas is like a paid service then, but it let's you also sync tasks?

that's a Google thing, not BlackBerry making it difficult.
    Yes, wasn't blaming BlackBerry, just saying it's easier on a phone with Google services
    Wrec likes this.
    09-08-15 08:52 PM
    Ok I've tried and tried and it won't add a Gmail EAS account, even though google just sent me an email saying it logged in... it doesn't show up in the Hub.
    Here's how I got this far...
    Settings - Add Account - Advanced - Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync -
    Brings you a list to fill in.

Sync remember tasks with... google?-img_20150908_210037.png

Following the instructions here... http://m.imore.com/how-to-setup-exch...nc-iphone-ipad
    It's the same settings as other sites listed, I just had this one loaded still.

Enter the info and hit Next to go to the next page...

Sync remember tasks with... google?-img_20150908_210016.png

It tells me it could not be authenticated, but then like I said google emailed me saying this...

Sync remember tasks with... google?-img_20150908_212030.png

That's as far as I'm willing to go with this as I don't use Gmail for any of that. Outlook is much better and I didn't have to jump through any hoops.

09-08-15 09:21 PM
    Man, me too, same exact thing. Google won't authorize but I also get that same email. Rats, guess I cannot sync tasks to google tasks on my BlackBerry
    Thanks for all your help and effort, very much appreciated!
    09-08-15 09:38 PM
    When you say outlook, do mean outlook.com or the outlook program on a pc? Does it sync all? Do you see your calendar, contacts and tasks online on a pc then?
    09-08-15 09:40 PM
    I mean outlook.com microsoft email. Yes it syncs tasks, email, contacts, and calendar. And yes it syncs all those to the PC apps as well.

So I just checked remember app and Google is syncing tasks. So I guess it does work as long as you get that sign in email from Google. Then set up the email, contacts, and calendar then normal way with add account.

Edit: Google is showing me a clipboard labled flagged messages anyways, but it's not letting me add a task or syncing. Not really sure how to make it do tasks. But it's one step closer I suppose.

Last edited by kgbbz10; 09-08-15 at 10:22 PM.
    09-08-15 10:09 PM
    Oh wow, so almost, ....
    Tasks are the only thing left for me to get syncing. Good job on what you've done so far, I'll keep messing with it to, there might be hope! Thanks!
    09-08-15 11:14 PM
    Only people that have legacy Google accounts can sync via EAS. Otherwise, it is not supported.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 06:25 AM
    oh man, so there really is no way to sync tasks with google tasks then?
    09-09-15 11:17 AM
    oh man, so there really is no way to sync tasks with google tasks then?
    It's not looking good. I've read Gmail ended EAS back in 2013. It's supposedly able to work using the method I've gone through, but instead all it did was add a clipboard to my remember app that doesn't sync, doesn't allow for tasks to be added and I can't delete it either.

09-09-15 11:28 AM
    bummer, if you can't do it, I'm sure I can't. You sound like you know what your doing with this stuff, good try though!
    So I guess there is no way to see tasks on my PC from my BB? ( I have Windows Vista so can't even use blend )
    09-10-15 10:34 AM
    bummer, if you can't do it, I'm sure I can't. You sound like you know what your doing with this stuff, good try though!
    So I guess there is no way to see tasks on my PC from my BB? ( I have Windows Vista so can't even use blend )
    That was the first time I've tried EAS for Google actually didn't know what I was doing lol.
    Blend doesn't work for Vista? I didn't know that. ****ty.
    Well I use outlook for all my needs, ie tasks, onedrive, outlook email, calendar, syncing contacts.
    I started off on BB10 syncing it all with Gmail, but over time I realized Outlook just works better.

09-10-15 02:01 PM
    Outlook.com will sync everything.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 04:37 PM
    I'll try outlook then, thanks!
    09-10-15 04:46 PM
    Really sick of the arrogance and nastiness from a few overly defensive BlackBerry users here on CrackBerry.

The OP had a legit concern and the first couple comments basically were calling him an ***** and trying to suggest he was the problem.

If you don't have something nice to say to the OP, move on.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 05:37 PM
    Really sick of the arrogance and nastiness from a few overly defensive BlackBerry users here on CrackBerry.

The OP had a legit concern and the first couple comments basically were calling him an ***** and trying to suggest he was the problem.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry op I was out of line. Some other cb members (not to be named EP) had me hotheaded for awhile.

09-10-15 05:53 PM
    I'm sorry op I was out of line. Some other cb members (not to be named EP) had me hotheaded for awhile.

No worries thanks, cheers!
    09-10-15 07:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    First, this is backseat moderating and this forums rules and guidelines say to refrain from doing so.

Second, stay on topic or don't post at all; we don't need the thread derailed like so many others.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 07:40 PM
    LOL, your backseat moderating his backseat moderation lol
    But, the rules do also say this, right at the top.

P.U.P.P.A.H
    (Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
    Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you’re talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you’re posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
    Be a pro. Don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all. In a nutshell, ‘think before you post’.
    Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a members’ problem.

Compliance with these basic guidelines should see you sailing in smooth waters for years to come at Mobile Nations. You’ll make friends, gain knowledge, and become wealthy beyond your wildest dreams (OK, maybe not that last point).
    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    09-10-15 08:10 PM
    LOL, your backseat moderating his backseat moderation lol
    Actually, no. I'm not telling him not to do it; I'm simply telling him what the rules and guidelines say and letting him know he isn't in compliance.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 04:42 AM
27 12