Hey guys.
    Stttiiilll having problems with my new BB Z30..
    got a brand new ds card (Sandisk SDXC UHS-1 64 GB), put it in the phone instead of my old 2GB one..
    formatted. Files moved.
    Now trying to set up sync via link for my music.

sync is going to Music folder on DEVICE memory instead of my card!!

WHHYYYYY?
    11-07-14 05:44 PM
    Helps to know how you're syncing it. However, there's little point to actually 'sync' it when you can really just drag and drop the files onto your media card. Stop doing whatever you're doing to sync it and just use the drag and drop method. Plug in your device... then go to Settings>Storage And Access>Enable Mass Storage Mode. Your SD card will appear as a new hard drive on your computer in which you can drop files to.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-07-14 06:25 PM
    +1

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3442 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    11-07-14 07:33 PM
    I have no problems syncing my iTunes collection to my SD card using BlackBerry Link. How are you syncing the music over?

I'm not sure if setting applies but did you make sure BlackBerry World is configured to save new songs and video to your SD card?

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1016
    11-07-14 08:29 PM
    Helps to know how you're syncing it. However, there's little point to actually 'sync' it when you can really just drag and drop the files onto your media card. Stop doing whatever you're doing to sync it and just use the drag and drop method. Plug in your device... then go to Settings>Storage And Access>Enable Mass Storage Mode. Your SD card will appear as a new hard drive on your computer in which you can drop files to.
    I have no problems syncing my iTunes collection to my SD card using BlackBerry Link. How are you syncing the music over?

I'm not sure if setting applies but did you make sure BlackBerry World is configured to save new songs and video to your SD card?

Apparentley It is..

On link: I'm going over to my music section on my computer, right click the playlist i want synced - then i select copy or sync.
    Both copy to my Device storage rather to my Mem card.

This did not happen with my previous card (?!) so... that's weird!

As for just copying manually... i want my playlists sync because i keep changing them.

EDIT:
    I gave up my old ipod when i got my Z30 and got a big sd card just for that... manual copy is a last resort and would really say: this feature does not work, and BBRY messed up again.
    I don't want to look at my new phone and think like that..
    I got a new phone and i expect a simple "music sync" to work...
    11-08-14 05:01 AM
    Maybe call BlackBerry and ask for support through their tech support. Highly doubt they place too much emphasis on Music Sync though, sorry to say. Myself, I have all my music saved in Album folders with all playlists stored in each folder. I then just copy it all over when I want.Not ideal, but then again I refuse to have all my music cluttered in a single folder sorted based on ID2 or ID3 tags.
    11-08-14 06:55 AM
    AHHH!! HHHEERRRE we go!

i have NO idea what just happened (been trying to fix this for hours), but the following (at some point) worked:

Go to BB World, settings - change to DONT save on SD CARD. close. sync.
    earse sync setting from BB LINK.
    close LINK.
    Go to BB World, settings - change to SAVE on SD CARD. close. DO NOT SYNC!

GO to BB world - make sure you have the MOST updated version.

Now open LINK, SYNC.

Files move to SD Card!!!

Bugs:
    Changing the Song's details (such as album name) will not change upon re-sync of the playlist (in which the song appears).
    (To be continued).

Therefore - sync works 50% of excepted
    HotFix likes this.
    11-08-14 03:02 PM
    AHHH!! HHHEERRRE we go!

i have NO idea what just happened (been trying to fix this for hours), but the following (at some point) worked:

Go to BB World, settings - change to DONT save on SD CARD. close. sync.
    earse sync setting from BB LINK.
    close LINK.
    Go to BB World, settings - change to SAVE on SD CARD. close. DO NOT SYNC!

GO to BB world - make sure you have the MOST updated version.

Now open LINK, SYNC.

Files move to SD Card!!!

Bugs:
    Changing the Song's details (such as album name) will not change upon re-sync of the playlist (in which the song appears).
    (To be continued).

Therefore - sync works 50% of excepted
    Glad to hear toggling the setting I mentioned hepled!

11-08-14 04:50 PM
    Hard work pays off! Thx for posting your fix.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 05:05 PM
    Will that work for Itunes playlists too?
    11-16-14 03:23 PM
    Will that work for Itunes playlists too?
    yes
    11-18-14 05:27 PM