I know this question has bee asked a thousand times and I've searched threads looking for answers but can't figure this out for the life of me.

Is there a way to sync my Z30 to my outlook calendar without doing an old school connect with usb cable and sync using link?

• My email is rogers/yahoo webmail.
    • I am self employed and use outlook 2007
    • I have my business email on my phone and my personal email along with a family group calendar. so, three color coded calendars on my device.
    • When booking business appointments on my phone I use the BBLink calendar.
    • Of course, personal items are done using my personal email calendar and if it's a family matter, we use our group calendar.

I need to be able to do a sync, if possible, of all my calendars on outlook so that when I am working at the office with outlook open, I can quickly book an appointment on outlook without any conflict with items that may be in my other calendars.

As it is, I'm always checking my phone to make sure the appointment doesn't conflict with a personal matter. (I coach rep soccer so my calendar can get quite full but I also have to see some clients after business hours).

In essence, if I want everything to show up on outlook when I do a wired sync, do I need t book it all with my business calendar? Or can continue to do what I do on my device using my three calendars and is there a way to sync this with my outlook so I can see everything at all times.

Sorry for the long winded post. I wanted to make sure anyone replying has as much info as possible.

Lastly, is there a way to book an appointment at the office on Outlook and have it go straight to my device without having to do a sync?

Remember, I don't have an outlook.com or Hotmail email. I am using Outlook 2007 as part of the Office 2007 suite. No BES, no servers, just a sole proprietor.

Thank you
    10-17-14 10:08 AM
    I use Outlook (dot com) as one of my e-mail addresses and my primary contacts database. Here are my thoughts, I hope they work for you:
    You can create an account in outlook.com without activating it on your phone (i.e., not adding the e-mail account portion). Once done, go to the calendar settings on your phone and add that calendar as one you want to see. Set the sync timeframe (15 min., 30 min., etc. to your preference) and let the sync get started. This will happen without having the device tethered via cable to whatever desktop machine you use. Once you see all of the calendars on your device, you should be able to then add them from the device and/or add them from a PC to the outlook dot com account. The sync will take place OTA.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me. I rely on outlook to run my life as well and I'll be happy to give you more help if I can.
    10-17-14 10:28 AM
    Thanks for the reply Azensun.

Using Outlook 2007 though these won't show up in my calendar on my desktop though am I correct? Will I have to then have to log into outlook.com to view from desktop or is there an add on that will merge the outlook.com calendar with my Outlook 2007???

I didn't know I could add a calendar without an associated email account. Mind sharing how it's done?

I'm not very tech savvy so pardon me if I have a little trouble getting it all.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    10-17-14 10:44 AM
    Thanks for the reply Azensun.

Using Outlook 2007 though these won't show up in my calendar on my desktop though am I correct? Will I have to then have to log into outlook.com to view from desktop or is there an add on that will merge the outlook.com calendar with my Outlook 2007???

I'm not very tech savvy so pardon me if I have a little trouble getting it all.

LOL! It's ok!
    1) Well, it depends on several factors, one of which is the calendar used on your desktop. For example, I have Win 8.1 on my tablet. If I look at the calendar on my desktop, yes I see everything. When I log in to outlook, then tap the calendar, yes I can see all of the entries, including new ones that I added onto the phone.
    2) It is possible that the outlook dot com calendar would merge with Outlook 2007. I THINK you would have to go through a few setup processes to make that happen, if I remember correctly. Microsoft made changes recently to the Outlook/Live/Outlook dot com programs. I chose the easy route and just open a browser window and login to outlook dot com to see my info (calendar, contacts, etc.), or just open the 'tile'.
    3) It's ok, we're all here to help each other out!
    10-17-14 10:56 AM
    Ok using my existing Microsoft Live ID I've set up the outlook dot com alias email address and calendar.

I've also downloaded the outlook connector to merge my desktop outlook with the outlook dot com calendars so I can see everything on my Outlook 2007 (Microsoft office)

My alias calendar (business name) is my default then my personal is my secondary in the calendar drop down. (in outlook dot com)

Using the plug in I installed I can view all appointments from the desktop without having to sign in to outlook (I've already tested the plug in; I entered something in outlook dot com calendar and voila, I can see it in my outlook for office 2007).

Now,

How do I get those two outlook dot com calendars on my device? I want both the personal and the alias calendars and I might as well sync my contacts as well but I DONT WANT emails from the outlook dot com account pulled to my device. (I won't use them ... I just did all this for ease of calendar sync).

So with all that said (sorry for rambling) how can I now get access to the outlook dot com calendars /contacts in device without pulling emails. Just appointments and contacts.

(I presume once this is set up, when I make a calendar entry on the device it will go to my outlook dot com associated calendar without having to plug in which is what I'm after)

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by drfever; 10-17-14 at 01:15 PM.
    10-17-14 12:25 PM
    Oh boy. Well, first, great job! It sounds like you've spent a lot of time on this today and you're on a path to success!

I don't know how you can see the other calendars without loading the e-mail address. You could go ahead and add it and just ignore the e-mails as they come in; you will see all of your calendars that way. I know it is NOT the way you'd like to go, but I'm unaware of any other way to get all of the calendars to show without going that route.

As to your final question, yes. Once this is all done, you will be able to see all of the calendars, and they will sync over the air as you add entries (you don't have to be plugged in).
    10-17-14 03:43 PM
    Oh boy. Well, first, great job! It sounds like you've spent a lot of time on this today and you're on a path to success!

I don't know how you can see the other calendars without loading the e-mail address. You could go ahead and add it and just ignore the e-mails as they come in; you will see all of your calendars that way. I know it is NOT the way you'd like to go, but I'm unaware of any other way to get all of the calendars to show without going that route.

As to your final question, yes. Once this is all done, you will be able to see all of the calendars, and they will sync over the air as you add entries (you don't have to be plugged in).
    Thanks.

Here's the issue.... one of emails is also the same email as Microsoft Live Login but it is a Rogers.com log in. It just has a different password. The Rogers.com email is my primary personal email account on my phone.

I guess I could use the alias account and sync with that. I'll do a little reading on the outlook dot come website to see if I can find anything. Maybe I can subscribe to those calendars? I noticed in the add accounts settings on my Z30 I can add calendars I subscribe to.

10-17-14 07:27 PM
    I just added my Outlook dot com alias account, turned off sync emails and just left sync contacts and calendar on and it's done. I have access to all my outlook dot com calendars.

Finally!!!!!

Now anyone know how to get my BlackBerry contacts TO outlook?

10-17-14 07:55 PM