Has anyone noticed any of these symptoms after updating to 10.3.3.1435 on the Classic? -

- Choppy view screen when in camera app
    - A few, recurring certificate errors that did not used to happen
    - Occasional audible skip during music playback

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 01:53 PM
    1) Try manually updating to a newer version (not sure if you are talking OS or software).

2) Try a wipe or clean install of the OS. With BB10 and with Android, I've found that sometimes OTA updates don't settle in as well as a clean installation.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    01-18-17 02:23 PM
    That was the OS version, the latest OTA available- I'm on T-Mobile, but get updates through moreso via BlackBerry, I think (purchased on Amazon). Are there official, newer releases from BB?

I may try a reinstall, not sure whether it's worth the effort at this point.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 02:37 PM
    I have noticed the same glitch in music too. I wasn't sure if it was the os update or newtron updated as i did them the same night. Gotta stop updating more than one thing at a time. Allso had a problem with Gas buddy, connot connect to server, also all my points were gone. Loged out and back in and now it is working again.
    01-19-17 10:49 PM
    In India still update not available... what to do?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 01:16 AM
    In India still update not available... what to do?

Posted via CB10
    Read this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1093246
    01-20-17 02:26 AM
    I have noticed the same glitch in music too. I wasn't sure if it was the os update or newtron updated as i did them the same night. Gotta stop updating more than one thing at a time. Allso had a problem with Gas buddy, connot connect to server, also all my points were gone. Loged out and back in and now it is working again.
    I've also noticed that audio glitch and I only updated one thing (the OS via autoloader) at a time.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-17 02:53 PM
    After the last few updates I had multiple issues with my SE. The phone became unstable and overheated all the time. I wiped it clean and gave it a fresh reload. I had a lot of android apps on the phone. A lot of old email. So after reload, it works perfect. I keep a lot fewer apps now. My classic had no issues, but it has much fewer apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 07:58 AM
    In UK with Amazon-acquired & factory-unlocked Z30 STA 100-2 and I have just downloaded 10.3.3 via WiFi, but having had to swap out my usual Virgin Mobile EE card for a temporary unregistered Vodafone PAYGsim card for the phone to be recognised by BB servers as updateable!!
    The Download ran and installed fine, which all took about an hour and a half to completely finish setting up, and the only difference I notice so far are the anti-phishing option in the BB10 browser, plus now I have to swipe down in Music App in order to see graphic EQ option at top of screen, instead of having previously accessed it via the three dot menu at bottom right of screen.
    And - I also notice that the BB10 browser loads Crackbery mobile web site much faster and better than it did before

All apps seem to run as before, and I haven't noticed any skipping during music playback.

SMS and WiFi all work OK as before, but I haven't tested voice calling yet.

So, fingers crossed, - and all this using a carrier-approved OS version 10.3.3.2163 and Software release 10.3.3.1435
    01-22-17 10:14 AM
    Intermittent loss of cell signal.
    01-22-17 05:31 PM
    You guys that are having problems with the new OS should just use an Autoloader and wipe clean. I've been doing this for years now and haven't had any problems whatsoever.
    01-22-17 06:28 PM
    Why bother updating. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

You don't really get any more for you trouble than 10.3.2 already has.

Just wish I could kill these pesky update notifications.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2876
    01-23-17 09:29 AM
    You guys that are having problems with the new OS should just use an Autoloader and wipe clean. I've been doing this for years now and haven't had any problems whatsoever.
    I used an autoloader to update. In doing so, doesn't it automatically wipe the phone? Or should I do a wipe first? (This was my first time using an autoloader.)

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 09:26 PM
    Or should I do a wipe first?
    No need to do a wipe if you use an autoloader.
    Baritone Astoria likes this.
    01-23-17 10:03 PM
    No need to do a wipe if you use an autoloader.
    I figured that. Thanks!
    01-23-17 10:49 PM
    The skipping for me definitely started after the update. I get it in Neutron. I also get it in games when the screen sleeps while the game is running in the foreground and the first thing I noticed it in was in the Alarm. It might have something to do with the clockspeed or priority level being too low during sleep. It's very annoying and I really hope they resolve it soon. Has anyone made an official bug report to BlackBerry yet?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 05:11 AM
    Has anyone noticed any of these symptoms after updating to 10.3.3.1435 on the Classic? -

- Choppy view screen when in camera app
    - A few, recurring certificate errors that did not used to happen
    - Occasional audible skip during music playback

Posted via CB10
    I have to say, the audible skip is getting annoying on my Classic. I just played maybe 10 min of music and got 3 skips. Anyone find a fix for this?

Posted via CB10
    01-31-17 08:48 AM
    I have to say, the audible skip is getting annoying on my Classic. I just played maybe 10 min of music and got 3 skips. Anyone find a fix for this?

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...links-1098162/

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 07:54 AM
    Thanks!

I have only updated once using an autoloader and I am going to be updating from 10.3.3.2163 to 10.3.3.2205. Is it best to use the autoloader for every update or only for the bigger ones, like 10.3.2 to 10.3.3. I ask because it took me awhile to fix all of my settings after using the autoloader last time. Any thoughts, help are greatly appreciated.
    02-01-17 11:08 AM
    On 2163 my double letters are back when I am typing on my Passport SE. I hate that.
    02-01-17 11:44 AM
    Thanks!

I have only updated once using an autoloader and I am going to be updating from 10.3.3.2163 to 10.3.3.2205. Is it best to use the autoloader for every update or only for the bigger ones, like 10.3.2 to 10.3.3. I ask because it took me awhile to fix all of my settings after using the autoloader last time. Any thoughts, help are greatly appreciated.
    If you just did a clean install, I think using the non-destructive this time is fine. You have already cleaned out junk recently.
    02-01-17 11:54 AM
    Updating with an autoloader wipes the previous OS and other user data giving you a clean install but you will need to manually restore all files and user settings. This method usually takes more time than doing an update OTA (over the air) pushed from BlackBerry or your service provider. You can also use debricked and radio bar files with Sachesi or Darcy 's BlackBerry Tools. However, this method requires a bit more know-how and preparation prior to installation than the other ones. Once completed, no further actions or configuration are required. I don't think it should be a problem whether moving from a minor or major update but the choice may depend on whether or not issues are being encountered with the current OS. Details on the last method are available elsewhere in the forum.
    02-01-17 12:13 PM
    Updating with an autoloader wipes the previous OS and other user data giving you a clean install but you will need to manually restore all files and user settings. This method usually takes more time than doing an update OTA (over the air) pushed from BlackBerry or your service provider. You can also use debricked and radio bar files with Sachesi or Darcy 's BlackBerry Tools. However, this method requires a bit more know-how and preparation prior to installation than the other ones. Once completed, no further actions or configuration are required. I don't think it should be a problem whether moving from a minor or major update but the choice may depend on whether or not issues are being encountered with the current OS. Details on the last method are available elsewhere in the forum.
    So if issues are being encountered with current OS, then I should use an autoloader? I do have some issues, like skipping in audio playback and a screen that sometimes flashes when I push a button on it or swipe.
    02-01-17 12:39 PM
    So if issues are being encountered with current OS, then I should use an autoloader?
    Probably a good idea, especially if issues are hard to pin down and fix. Also remember that if you use the autoloader and then do a backup restore, you may just re-introduce all your problems. If you do a selective backup restore or better yet NO backup restore, you may be better off. Your device will also FLY starting over from scratch, but the downside of course is that you have to reinstall all your apps, email accounts etc. This can be a good time to do some housekeeping also. When I use an autoloader, I tend to install only the apps that I use regularly and then when I need one on occasion, I will install it on an as-needed basis. Usually you will find that 2/3 or so of those apps that you had on there are rarely ever used (YMMV). You will be surprised how much faster your device runs with only the minimal app installs. And that, of course, goes double for unused android apps on your device. I think I have only 8-9 android apps on my Passport and they all work well (so far) with the bonus that my device works just as good as it did more than 2 years ago. Good luck!
    02-01-17 12:50 PM
    Probably a good idea, especially if issues are hard to pin down and fix. Also remember that if you use the autoloader and then do a backup restore, you may just re-introduce all your problems. If you do a selective backup restore or better yet NO backup restore, you may be better off.
    The last time I used an autoloader to update (a few weeks ago), and all of the problems mentioned above were present. And not present before the update, so I am guessing it is a software problem. The phone is fairly new, not even 6 mo old.

Your device will also FLY starting over from scratch, but the downside of course is that you have to reinstall all your apps, email accounts etc.
    I actually only use 2 non-native apps, Crackberry and Soundhound. And I only use two email accounts. That part is easy, it's just then configruing all my settings, parental control, etc.And I don't want to have to do this every few weeks.

This can be a good time to do some housekeeping also. When I use an autoloader, I tend to install only the apps that I use regularly and then when I need one on occasion, I will install it on an as-needed basis. Usually you will find that 2/3 or so of those apps that you had on there are rarely ever used (YMMV). You will be surprised how much faster your device runs with only the minimal app installs. And that, of course, goes double for unused android apps on your device. I think I have only 8-9 android apps on my Passport and they all work well (so far) with the bonus that my device works just as good as it did more than 2 years ago. Good luck!
    Can you explain how to use the autoloader to install less apps? Or do you just mean only download and install apps I regularly use after using an autoloader?

Sorry for all the questions, this stuff is new to me.
    02-01-17 12:59 PM
42 12