I like offline gps maps apps, and beside maps from openstreetmaps sometimes I need commercial maps, such as teleatlas or navteq.

As genius maps is too expensive and Here maps is not working for BB, Sygic seems the best candidate.

On the one hand, it took long time to load, user interface sometimes is unresponsive, search last too much time and it is quite common to receive a message for 'wait or close' the app.

On the other hand, when the destination is loaded and you are driving it works fine.

BTW, I configured with no 3D etc but it is still too slow.

is any way to configure Sygic to run smoothly?
    Are there basic version of the maps, such as it happen with tomtom (whereas very old devices can load very new maps).
    Any idea?

And it is curious that some very old and slow native android phones can run sygic quite well...

Posted via CB10
    02-16-17 11:16 AM
    I like offline gps maps apps, and beside maps from openstreetmaps sometimes I need commercial maps, such as teleatlas or navteq.

As genius maps is too expensive and Here maps is not working for BB, Sygic seems the best candidate.

On the one hand, it took long time to load, user interface sometimes is unresponsive, search last too much time and it is quite common to receive a message for 'wait or close' the app.

On the other hand, when the destination is loaded and you are driving it works fine.

BTW, I configured with no 3D etc but it is still too slow.

is any way to configure Sygic to run smoothly?
    Are there basic version of the maps, such as it happen with tomtom (whereas very old devices can load very new maps).
    Any idea?

And it is curious that some very old and slow native android phones can run sygic quite well...

Posted via CB10
    I used to use Navfree, my only complaint was that I had to use the browser to find some locations because it didn't always work from within the app itself. This only applies to the Google search function in the app, not the location search (it has both).

Navfree in BlackBerry World
    02-16-17 12:56 PM
    Navfree is a great app, butits maps are not updated and also they depends on the openstreetmaps community, so some are can be well or bad supported.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 04:02 AM