Dear All,

I'm using an old OS 7 device, and pretty much like that I can select separate which email account folder to show on main screen, so I have my company mails (BIS) on first, different personal email account folder showed as second and third in the line (Icon line)

I like even more that I see inmediately marked with star when smthg new came in.
    Also when I entered the particular mail folder, I should not check anymore which email address will be used for reply. It replied with the same email address where I received the particular mail.

I just checked today a BB classic with OS 10 and I woukd wonder if it could manage the same overview and visibility. I bag your help in the issue.

-Can I see a top level view in HUB showing each accounts just like acc1 acc2 and I can see if something new fell in?
    Beside that separate the sms and separate the facebook
    -Can I rename acc1 acc2 acc3 as I wish, or it contains anyhow the
    mail address or smthg like that
    - Can I manage email functions (reply, forward, search, attach etc) with the navi button and bb button or I have to use touch screen?

thanks for any advise in advance

peter
    07-11-16 03:56 PM
    Short answer: Yes, you can. I'm not sure about the last question, though. A Classic user should chime in.
    07-11-16 06:04 PM
    I would be greatly curious to hear this as well, it was my understanding that BB10 did not support this feature, instead forcing you through the hub. Interestingly, the hub client for Android let's you do this without issue.
    07-13-16 10:59 AM
    Bump...anyone?
    07-13-16 06:50 PM
    Dear All,

I'm using an old OS 7 device, and pretty much like that I can select separate which email account folder to show on main screen, so I have my company mails (BIS) on first, different personal email account folder showed as second and third in the line (Icon line)

I like even more that I see inmediately marked with star when smthg new came in.
    Also when I entered the particular mail folder, I should not check anymore which email address will be used for reply. It replied with the same email address where I received the particular mail.

I just checked today a BB classic with OS 10 and I woukd wonder if it could manage the same overview and visibility. I bag your help in the issue.
    -Can I see a top level view in HUB showing each accounts just like acc1 acc2 and I can see if something new fell in?
    Yes, you can see each account separately in the hub, together with the BlackBerry "spark" next to any with new messages and the number of unread messages. The same is true for SMS, calls, voice mail, twitter, notifications, etc. All are visible from the Hub. Facebook used to integrate with the Hub, but that is no longer supported by Facebook themselves. The same will be true for WhatsApp after Dec. 31

-Can I rename acc1 acc2 acc3 as I wish, or it contains anyhow the
    mail address or smthg like that
    Yes, you so this in account settings for each account.

- Can I manage email functions (reply, forward, search, attach etc) with the navi button and bb button or I have to use touch screen?
    There are keyboard abort cuts for almost all the same function that exist in BB07. I know there are detailed how to posts about that if you search for keyboard shorrtcuts.

I hope that helps!
    07-14-16 10:34 AM
    I think the general question was in OS7, there were different envelopes on the home screen, each separating individual accounts, on BB for Android, you can create these same shortcuts, but can you do this in OS10
    07-14-16 12:55 PM
    That was not the question the OP actually asked. He described how that could be done in BB7, but he asked if it could be done in the Hub on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 02:54 PM
    Look at the first part of the post...
    07-14-16 03:53 PM
    I did. LOL. He stated what he liked about BB7. But he didn't ask a question there.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 07:50 AM
    Yes he did.
    08-11-16 02:02 PM
    I think the general question was in OS7, there were different envelopes on the home screen, each separating individual accounts, on BB for Android, you can create these same shortcuts, but can you do this in OS10
    I've got a Classic, and recently decommissioned my 9700. The answer as far as I can figure is: no, one can't separate the accounts into different envelopes in BB10.

But, I'd like to!
    08-11-16 08:04 PM
    There's no need to use different icons in BB10 like in BB07. The Hub does it automatically. Just click on the individual account in the Hub and you'll only see messages for that account.

Blackberry changed its UI moving to BB10 but the developers maintained almost every function. You just have to make simple adjustments.

I used BBOS for 10 years, but within a week on BB10 I was doing everything just as well or better.

Posted via CB10
    Jay Wright2 likes this.
    08-11-16 10:29 PM
    Hug the HUB and OS7 will slip away.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.2.858
    08-11-16 10:35 PM
    if you want to see each individual account from HUB, while in HUB just continue to swipe to the right, all accounts there select which one you want, no to the home screen though. If you want to recognize which account is getting a message, just change the notification sound or LED for each account so either audibly or visually you can tell at a glance which account is receiving the message.
    08-14-16 03:55 PM
    That's not the point, separate...
    Each email icon by itself in the home screen...

Ironically, BlackBerry for Android can do this...it's a shame BlackBerry doesn't care about its legacy customers...
    08-15-16 07:23 AM

Ironically, BlackBerry for Android can do this...it's a shame BlackBerry doesn't care about its legacy customers...
    Honestly, as someone who used BBOS for a decade, and who uses 6-9 accounts, BB10 is much better designed and efficient than BBOS was. With separate icons for each account on the home screen the user has to return to the home screen constantly to scan inboxes, and that page 1 home screen real estate is not available for other frequently used items.

With BB10, a single swipe up and to the right FROM ANYWHERE allows you to see each individual account and any accompanying unread sparks, together with the number of unread messages for each, instantly.

I understand resistance to change, but I think BlackBerry put a tremendous amount of thought and design talent in ton the BB10 message handling work flow. It was a major step forward for users of multiple accounts.

Posted via CB10
    kbalaz and Vistaus like this.
    08-15-16 08:56 AM
    Honestly, as someone who used BBOS for a decade, and who uses 6-9 accounts, BB10 is much better designed and efficient than BBOS was. With separate icons for each account on the home screen the user has to return to the home screen constantly to scan inboxes, and that page 1 home screen real estate is not available for other frequently used items.

With BB10, a single swipe up and to the right FROM ANYWHERE allows you to see each individual account and any accompanying unread sparks, together with the number of unread messages for each, instantly.

I understand resistance to change, but I think BlackBerry put a tremendous amount of thought and design talent in ton the BB10 message handling work flow. It was a major step forward for users of multiple accounts.

Posted via CB10
    Agree with this, I hated BBOS and it took me all of a few days to get use to BB10. It is so much more efficient and easy to use than BBOS was. Sometimes change is a good thing
    08-15-16 10:28 AM
    Been there, done it, tried it...couldn't stand it...
    08-15-16 03:05 PM
    Been there, done it, tried it...couldn't stand it...
    Fair enough. It isn't a contest. Use whatever device works best for you. I was just trying to say that I believe BlackBerry put a lot of effort into the design and implementation of message handling in BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-15-16 03:30 PM

BlackBerry doesn't care about ANY of its customers.
    08-17-16 08:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100%
    BB10 handles email better than any other platform out there IMO.

Vistaus likes this.
    09-01-16 05:12 PM
    I agree 100%
    BB10 handles email better than any other platform out there IMO.

I disagree, separate folders and icons for each account us the way to go.
    09-02-16 07:12 AM
    I disagree, separate folders and icons for each account us the way to go.
    I disagree with you. But if you really want it, you can sort of do that. Go to the Hub and click on the BlackBerry Hub text at the top. This gives you a tree navigation listing separate accounts.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    09-03-16 12:09 AM