I've used BB10 since inception on a Z10, and currently on my Passport. I love it, but with 10.3.3 being a year overdue, Web browser not working due to endless certificate errors, app support disappearing from Facebook, WhatsApp, and existing apps just not being updated it's time to hang up the trusty old system.

Looking forward to keeping the keyboard, having a full app ecosystem and trying something new! Onwards, BlackBerry....

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    02-14-17 07:56 AM
    You are right, sir.

Cleaning up the Confusion: What you need to know about BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile | CrackBerry.com

PSA: The future of BlackBerry Smartphones is clearly Android

"Immersing myself into the world of BlackBerry once again, it's clear that the future of BlackBerry phones is ANDROID powered. Within the CrackBerry community we have a significant percentage of users who still love and use their BlackBerry 10 phones and really, really, REALLY want BlackBerry / BlackBerry Mobile to manufacture more BlackBerry 10 phones.

"As much I hate to say it, it's just not going to happen. BlackBerry is clearly out of the hardware game now, and BlackBerry Mobile is manufacturing Android phones. Getting angry and holding out for more BlackBerry 10 phones isn't going to help make it happen, so my suggestion for those who love BlackBerry is to start getting excited about your next BlackBerry being Android powered. You're just going to be stewing and angry for a long time if you hold out hope - it's less painful to treat BlackBerry 10 as an end of life product at this point."
    Johnny Dollar likes this.
    02-14-17 08:16 AM
    You are right, sir.

Cleaning up the Confusion: What you need to know about BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile | CrackBerry.com

PSA: The future of BlackBerry Smartphones is clearly Android

"Immersing myself into the world of BlackBerry once again, it's clear that the future of BlackBerry phones is ANDROID powered. Within the CrackBerry community we have a significant percentage of users who still love and use their BlackBerry 10 phones and really, really, REALLY want BlackBerry / BlackBerry Mobile to manufacture more BlackBerry 10 phones.

"As much I hate to say it, it's just not going to happen. BlackBerry is clearly out of the hardware game now, and BlackBerry Mobile is manufacturing Android phones. Getting angry and holding out for more BlackBerry 10 phones isn't going to help make it happen, so my suggestion for those who love BlackBerry is to start getting excited about your next BlackBerry being Android powered. You're just going to be stewing and angry for a long time if you hold out hope - it's less painful to treat BlackBerry 10 as an end of life product at this point."
    IE: please guys, still use our products even if you don't like Android!!!!

loooooool

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 08:22 AM
    I don't mind Android. I can live without Alphabet / Google hoovering up my data, but at the end of the day I want to keep in touch with people, do functional things with sports watches, track my diet better and use social apps. Now a phone is coming that gives me the physical keyboard and shortcuts I love, the app ecosystem I want... but I lose the much better BlackBerry Hub in BlackBerry 10. The BlackBerry 10 version of the hub is what's kept me on the Passport so long, there is no beating it

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-14-17 08:44 AM
    Is this the main reason why certain people use bb10 over android? Security?!
    From what I have read, it seems like one of the main reasons people have for using blackberry and I can understand it being an important aspect but for me, the main draw of all these mobile platforms is the user experience. I like the user experience of bb10 the most, so I use it more frequently. If you want the best of the best in terms of privacy, you might want to avoid smartphones altogether. And the internet

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 10:16 AM
    I'm not sure BlackBerry can claim it puts security at the centre of the BlackBerry 10 experience when it takes over a year just to release bug fixes and security updates. 12 months is a long time, and when BlackBerry touts security it is with the handsets attached to their MDM offerings - not just the end user device.

I'm more interested in a phone that does what I need it to do than that. Mercury will hopefully be the hybrid that suits as a user experience - I hope so, because I don't give up my Passport easily!!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 11:25 AM
    Some folks actually don't like change. They are used to BB10 and how it moves and flows. If they now have to move to Android and learn new gestures, there may be that resistance. They will need to get over it soon though. Sad as that may be. We the CrackBerry community, love BB10 OS. It is unfortunate it wasn't able to capture the market share it needed to stay viable.
    02-14-17 11:29 AM
    Looking forward to keeping the keyboard, having a full app ecosystem and trying something new! Onwards, BlackBerry....Posted via CB10
    I'm with you on this one.

Posted via CB10
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    02-14-17 12:26 PM
    I think I'm coming to terms with the idea of owning a Blackdroid phone....I'm still disappointed with the whole idea but there is nothing we can do about it. I'd rather still have a pkb and BlackBerry phone with android than a glass slab running android...

The Mercury is currently the only next phone I would consider. Love bb10, but like others, whatsapp, apps (Like Volvo On Call (VOC)), payment apps etc don't function properly or at all on bb10

Damn shame though!!! People don't know what they missed out on with bb10! The general population never even gave it a shot.

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    Johnny Dollar likes this.
    02-14-17 03:52 PM
    I think I'm coming to terms with the idea of owning a Blackdroid phone....I'm still disappointed with the whole idea but there is nothing we can do about it. I'd rather still have a pkb and BlackBerry phone with android than a glass slab running android...

The Mercury is currently the only next phone I would consider. Love bb10, but like others, whatsapp, apps (Like Volvo On Call (VOC)), payment apps etc don't function properly or at all on bb10

Damn shame though!!! People don't know what they missed out on with bb10! The general population never even gave it a shot.

If I have to choose between Blackdroid and iOS, I'm choosing iOS. It's more out of principle. I don't like Google's methods, and I don't trust it.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 06:33 PM
    One thing I can say is that if you are looking at switching to mercury, wait till the verdict is out about the navigation buttons. Because right now it's a worlwind ****storm of disinformation and lies.
    Lies of bitter Web os fanboys who've flocked here to sabotage blackberry 10 because they see what their dead os could have been, and their fragile and temperamental minds can't summon the strength it takes to move on from such an overwhelming feeling of despair.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 07:28 PM
    People do realize you have the ability to control what you share and how you share it. Permissions control is getting much better on android and you can opt out of a lot of things with your Google account.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-17 08:55 PM
    I think most of us here want the keyboards. Android now has access to permissions for apps like BB10 so that we can switch off and on the features we want. That's enough for me once I put a tracker and cookie blocker on Firefox in terms of security.

Most people seem to be confusing privacy with security. BlackBerry has made the handset nigh on un-rootable even by the device owner, and has cryptographic keys to check each layer of the start up phase of the device to ensure its integrity. The privacy part is down to the user with app permissions, tracking blockers and being sensible with online activity. For a consumer user device, this is pretty secure! A device can be as secure as you like, but if you're careless with your data and habits, that's all for nothing.

I hope the Mercury is that middle ground of acceptable security, privacy (!), user experience, keyboard and workflow. If not... I'll just be disappointed. I know I won't be using the Hub on it, I can't stand the Android version of it!!!!

Posted via CB10
    meattray and roleli like this.
    02-15-17 04:12 AM
    The hub will certainly one of the main things I will miss...amongst many of course.

02-15-17 04:14 AM
    I thought the Android Hub that BlackBerry made is a close equivalent.
    The unified inbox is a main reason I like 10. It's been a feature in BlackBerry in general even back to my old 7100t days.
    So it seems that the Android version of the inbox is there. For me, it's about what I use it for.
    Currently texts are freaking out, I get weird notifications and inconsistent battery. Apps are withdrawing and as my PP ages it becomes harder to use the bells and whistles.
    So if Mercury works then fine.
    I am not so concerned about Google. I use it as my main office app set, as do my employees. I am not worried that a giant G is looking over my shoulder. The second the internet was in mass use and we became digital citizens we were all vulnerable to something, one needs to be vigilant. Which is true in all aspects in life.
    I think the real issue with all this crap is cost. Spending $450 to $1000 for a device every 2 years or less is the real stumbling cost.
    IOS is mainly entertainment first then productivity. Android is Googles me too to iOS but offers customization for us tweakers.
    So I only hope Mercury can answer my needs without the current set of issues of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    02-15-17 06:50 AM
    IE: please guys, still use our products even if you don't like Android!!!!

loooooool

Posted via CB10
    This is from CB not BB. Come on.
    02-15-17 09:55 AM
    I thought the Android Hub that BlackBerry made is a close equivalent.
    The unified inbox is a main reason I like 10. It's been a feature in BlackBerry in general even back to my old 7100t days.
    So it seems that the Android version of the inbox is there. For me, it's about what I use it for.
    Currently texts are freaking out, I get weird notifications and inconsistent battery. Apps are withdrawing and as my PP ages it becomes harder to use the bells and whistles.
    So if Mercury works then fine.
    I am not so concerned about Google. I use it as my main office app set, as do my employees. I am not worried that a giant G is looking over my shoulder. The second the internet was in mass use and we became digital citizens we were all vulnerable to something, one needs to be vigilant. Which is true in all aspects in life.
    I think the real issue with all this crap is cost. Spending $450 to $1000 for a device every 2 years or less is the real stumbling cost.
    IOS is mainly entertainment first then productivity. Android is Googles me too to iOS but offers customization for us tweakers.
    So I only hope Mercury can answer my needs without the current set of issues of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely agree with everything here

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 02:02 PM
    I've used BB10 since inception on a Z10, and currently on my Passport. I love it, but with 10.3.3 being a year overdue, Web browser not working due to endless certificate errors, app support disappearing from Facebook, WhatsApp, and existing apps just not being updated it's time to hang up the trusty old system.

Looking forward to keeping the keyboard, having a full app ecosystem and trying something new! Onwards, BlackBerry....

Posted via CB10
    Good on you sir. You held out much longer than I did.
    beowulf101 likes this.
    02-15-17 10:07 PM
    Am definitely down with Mercury if the gesture and Hub is on par with BB10...

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    02-16-17 02:41 PM

Ha, HAH

Posted via Nokia 3310
    02-17-17 07:30 PM
    According to an article I saw yesterday, you may soon be able to post via the new Nokia 3310! Go figure?

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 03:11 PM
    The hub will certainly one of the main things I will miss...amongst many of course.

Depending on how you use it , the android version of hub is pretty good. I only use it for email so it's not as big a deal for me as some. You lose the peek function BUT the priv and I assume the other blackdroids have the productivity tab where you can look at unread messages and you calendar without leaving what you are doing. I'm on Verizon and have just paid off my priv a year early. I'm due to upgrade and am considering getting a second priv to just squirrel away in case we don't see a priv 2 and in case Verizon stops carrying BlackBerry phones. I'm really content with the option to use whichever keyboard I want. I'm still debating. I liked bb10 a lot and sad to see it go. I came from Android so going back wasn't as bad for me as it seems to be for some. The BlackBerry flavor of it is pretty good though
    02-18-17 03:29 PM

Not on par on the hub and the gestures aren't close. The android hub is pretty good though
    02-18-17 03:30 PM
    I own a DTEK50, so I try to get accustom to it, but it isn't that close to what BB10 is.

It may change in Nougat?

I use the Hub for everything. It's powerful for being efficient, not needing to jump through the app interface...

02-19-17 04:30 AM
    I own a DTEK50, so I try to get accustom to it, but it isn't that close to what BB10 is.

It may change in Nougat?

I use the Hub for everything. It's powerful for being efficient, not needing to jump through the app interface...

You'd have to have used the BlackBerry 10 hub with its peeking capabilities to know how big the difference in hubs is. In BlackBerry 10, the user experience is BUILT around messaging unification, less time wasting, rapid triage of communication and rapid response. In its earlier days with social media built in, I wouldn't have even considered a shift: nothing is as effective as what BlackBerry built here, on any other platform.

Multitasking apps too. I often leave YouTube open in a browser and listen to a video whilst I'm writing messages or looking at something else on the phone. Android still isn't there, and nor is iOS for most apps and leaving them open.

Posted via CB10
    keliew likes this.
    02-19-17 04:38 AM
31 12