Ok, I posted this idea on Icanmakeitbetter, if you think this is a good idea, please support it by voting and commenting:
    https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....to-switch-apps

Here is the description:
    So, we all know swiping up from within an app and to the right will bring us to the hub. But as of right now, swiping the other way does absolutely nothing. I pitched the idea before that this action could be kind of a soft convenience key, meaning doing this motion will load an app of your choosing that you customize in settings. So let's say you have it set to launch your maps, let's say you're inside of an app, but you need to check for directions to somewhere, so you swipe up and left and the map app automatically loads. I still like that idea, but here's another one. What about if doing so will allow you to scroll through your open apps to quickly switch to another. I know this isn't technically fewer steps than just minimizing and then selecting, but it does at least bring the place where you tap right in the middle of the screen, which is easier than searching the screen for the correct active frame. I made a quick little gif animation. And I added another idea I would like to see implemented, the date showing up when you swipe up to peek. Let me know what you guys think.

I don't know if gif animations will show up here or not, but it seems to show up on that website, but I'll upload it here too to see if it works.

Edit: Looks like gif animations do not work on this site... Go here to see the animation I made: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...pspy3abuhc.gif
    Swipe up and left to switch between apps-multi-task-concept.jpg
    ibrahim011 likes this.
    10-25-14 08:59 PM
    And I was thinking, this could be an option because I'm unsure if I would prefer it this way, but one way to make this much more convenient than the standard minimize first, then tap on the icon, is make the scrolling more sensitive in speed than how fast you move your thumb/finger, so it can scroll through all open apps without you reaching the edge of the screen and make it so when you lift your thumb/finger off the screen, it'll automatically select the app it was on when you lift off, so it wouldn't require a second touch at all.
    10-25-14 09:12 PM
    Well, I guess everyone is fine with swipe up and left doing absolutely nothing. Fair enough.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-26-14 12:19 PM
    Great idea.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 02:53 PM
    This is a really cool concept. This would be awesome to hide your background apps. Like say you want to keep a widget like open, the app would be hidden and can be view by the up and left gesture.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:09 PM
    Great idea indeed.
    10-26-14 03:09 PM
    That's something creative. Up left and jumble cool

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 04:02 PM
    Unlike your single action to close app suggestion, this is a genuinely brilliant idea! ;-)

Right now as you said that gesture does absolutely nothing.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 02:00 PM
    The "swipe up and left" (or diagonal-left) motion is (to a certain degree) currently being used as a makeshift back button for Android and BlackBerry apps that run fullscreen without a navigation bar.

Currently used gestures:

Two finger down from top bezel: Main Menu
    One finger down from top bezel: In-App Menu
    Two fingers up from bottom bezel: Keyboard
    One finger up from bottom bezel: Home
    Up-Right from bottom bezel: Hub
    Diagonal left from bottom bezel: Back Button (for fullscreen Android apps)

My Suggestion:
    To Multitask : As OP suggested.
    For Keyboard: Drag Bottom-Right Corner (like Playbook)
    For Back Button: Drag Bottom-Left Corner
    10-27-14 02:21 PM
    Unlike your single action to close app suggestion, this is a genuinely brilliant idea! ;-)

Right now as you said that gesture does absolutely nothing.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, and closing apps in one step is also a good idea since it was available in legacy devices and I've never had an issue of accidentally closing apps, but I guess I'm superhuman...

10-27-14 02:47 PM
    The "swipe up and left" (or diagonal-left) motion is (to a certain degree) currently being used as a makeshift back button for Android and BlackBerry apps that run fullscreen without a navigation bar.

Currently used gestures:

Two finger down from top bezel: Main Menu
    One finger down from top bezel: In-App Menu
    Two fingers up from bottom bezel: Keyboard
    One finger up from bottom bezel: Home
    Up-Right from bottom bezel: Hub
    Diagonal left from bottom bezel: Back Button (for fullscreen Android apps)

My Suggestion:
    To Multitask : As OP suggested.
    For Keyboard: Drag Bottom-Right Corner (like Playbook)
    For Back Button: Drag Bottom-Left Corner
    Well, that's different, I don't mean a diagonal motion like the back, but a up, THEN left, just like peeking into the hub, but going the other way. :-)

chabouma and Agatonga like this.
    10-27-14 02:48 PM