I'm getting the 24mb update again second time,I don't know if it is new or not..
    Attachment 413496

Posted via CB10
    How its possible your settings theme is black??
    Do you have darkhub?
    12-05-16 02:35 AM
    Do you have darkhub?
    I'm guessing they using a Z30!

Posted via CB10 on my PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2049
    oldman1955 likes this.
    12-05-16 02:53 AM
    Do you have darkhub?
    I'm using BlackBerry Z30 it has a dark theme..and no, it doesn't have a dark hub..

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 05:29 AM
    Among the posts i saw some people were saying that dark hub options appear on 10.3.3. Is that true ? I have a passport updated to 10.3.3.3 and no dark hub here ? Can you confirm it please.
    No dark hub.

...and strangely enough although my passport updated a few days ago, my wife's hasn't yet.
    12-05-16 08:44 AM
    Just as I suspected - they've removed the (still working) facebook app's hub integration and replaced the app with a web shortcut?

Good reason to skip this update.
    Good reason to skip Facebook on mobile, for that matter. :-p

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 10:36 AM
    As i am always cautios i have to askplease,after i have read mostly bad things about the new update,is there a strong reason to update my classic or stick with the original 10.3.2?
    12-05-16 11:07 AM
    As i am always cautios i have to askplease,after i have read mostly bad things about the new update,is there a strong reason to update my classic or stick with the original 10.3.2?
    Don't feel compelled to fix what isn't broken.

But, apart from Snap and some fiddling with Facebook, the update seems fine. People seem happy with the updated browser.
    12-05-16 11:10 AM
    The main reason is better support for Internet security certs. Lot's of websites no longer work with 10.3.2. If that's not an issue for you, there is no urgency to upgrade, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 11:10 AM
    Anybody experiencing random reboot issues after updating to 10.3.3..???
    I'm on a Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 11:31 AM
    On ATT in USA and no update yet.
    12-05-16 03:34 PM
    The horrendous lag and mistyping that occured on phpBB forums that I use seems to be gone:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1024037

Also, another forum I visit started using Lets Authenticate https certificates which the BlackBerry browser didn't approve of until this update.

I am very pleased to see that it's not just NIAP certifications that have bumped the version numbers up to 10.3.3, it's, for me, really, really useful stuff!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-16 04:37 PM
    He meant the update for Indian users. Hasn't shown up yet.

Via Z10. OS 10.3.2.2876
    How would BlackBerry know if the user is Indian?

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    12-06-16 01:10 PM
    How would BlackBerry know if the user is Indian?

Posted via CB10
    Location GPS? The place from where the phone was bought? Device time? Device date? Device language? Carrier? So many factors define our OTA availability. If am not wrong.

Via Z10. OS 10.3.2.2876
    12-06-16 01:23 PM
    That's how they would know where the device is, not the nationality of the user. An Indian user (one whose nationality or race is Indian) could be anywhere on Earth.

Sorry, I was being unnecessarily pedantic, it wasn't a serious question.
    Uzi likes this.
    12-06-16 01:35 PM
    We will eventually. But it doesn't mean that a smooth transition to other platforms means BlackBerry Android is the solution. It will still depend on the user. His ability to adopt and accept a new platform will be a factor.

Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky
    I have to say, that the transition to the Priv was fairly easy. Blackberry's version of Android made it an easy switch. I have an older Android tablet and have always hated it by comparison. The Priv has been nice over the past 4 days of heavy use. I had to set it up on the 2nd and 3rd, then flew from the East coast of the US to Hawaii on Sunday, work there Sunday night, then headed to the airport Monday for the trip back. I just got back home today, Tuesday morning the 6th. I took only the Priv, left the Passport at home, and took no computer, so I had to rely on the Priv for everything. It just worked, with no issues. As much as I really hate Google, I am loving the Priv.
    12-06-16 03:02 PM
    I have to say, that the transition to the Priv was fairly easy. Blackberry's version of Android made it an easy switch. I have an older Android tablet and have always hated it by comparison. The Priv has been nice over the past 4 days of heavy use. I had to set it up on the 2nd and 3rd, then flew from the East coast of the US to Hawaii on Sunday, work there Sunday night, then headed to the airport Monday for the trip back. I just got back home today, Tuesday morning the 6th. I took only the Priv, left the Passport at home, and took no computer, so I had to rely on the Priv for everything. It just worked, with no issues. As much as I really hate Google, I am loving the Priv.
    Thanks for this, @PHughes. I have been thinking it's time to switch because the app space for BB10 has become stagnant. All the important apps that I use now are Android apps that either work sub-optimally (crashes and/or slow to start/respond) or have to be patched to get rid of the pesky Google Play Service dependencies, which makes updating those apps a pain. Would be nice to have a BB device where such apps just work.

I had been considering the DTEK's but the monochorme LED (as much as it may seem trivial to others) was a deal breaker for me. So, PRIV it is, I guess, unless someone has some rumour about another BB Android device....
    12-06-16 03:45 PM
    The horrendous lag and mistyping that occured on phpBB forums that I use seems to be gone:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1024037

Also, another forum I visit started using Lets Authenticate https certificates which the BlackBerry browser didn't approve of until this update.

I am very pleased to see that it's not just NIAP certifications that have bumped the version numbers up to 10.3.3, it's, for me, really, really useful stuff!

Posted via CB10
    Totally true, I noticed this as well ! I'm really happy with this updated browser.

Posted via CB10
    bh7171 likes this.
    12-06-16 03:50 PM
    After I updated the OS, my phone becomes unbelievably hot when using Spotify. Not even using the speakers

Posted via Passport SE
    12-06-16 05:45 PM
    All I can say so far is that android apps like Google Photos and Google drive work very fluid after the upgrade and open much faster.

Posted via BB Passport
    12-06-16 11:34 PM
    After I updated the OS, my phone becomes unbelievably hot when using Spotify. Not even using the speakers

Posted via Passport SE
    I haven't noticed any issues with Spotify, yet.
    12-06-16 11:48 PM
    Happy with the update on my Classic and Passport. They both are operating well and seemingly quicker. Browser and security updates are well worth the update.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    12-06-16 11:53 PM
    Was there ever an app for device monitor?
    It's embedded in BBVE

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    12-07-16 01:13 AM
    It's embedded in BBVE

Great Krypton! This Passport is super!
    Really! That doesn't really make it an app, does it?

You can get to device monitor from settings/app manager or quick settings as well.
    The last time I opened the BBVE app was when I was on Z10(3 yrs ago) and I don't see its relevance so I don't use it.
    12-07-16 01:30 AM
    Really! That doesn't really make it an app, does it?

You can get to device monitor from settings/app manager or quick settings as well.
    The last time I opened the BBVE app was when I was on Z10(3 yrs ago) and I don't see its relevance so I don't use it.
    All I use it for is to remind me that my battery health is a yellow dot. Sometimes it's green, but most of the time it's yellow.

Of course, this is an almost 3 and a half year old Z10 with original battery.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-16 10:19 AM
    All I use it for is to remind me that my battery health is a yellow dot. Sometimes it's green, but most of the time it's yellow.

Of course, this is an almost 3 and a half year old Z10 with original battery.

Posted via CB10
    You can get 2 new Z10 batteries on Amazon for 7 dollars.

Sent from my  Z10
    12-07-16 11:16 AM
385 ... 910111213 ...