01-17-18 11:00 AM
756 ... 293031
tools
    Implied in everything I have written is low cost and the assumption (with the attendant risks) that the QNX people have a lot of experience porting their systems to other platforms (many demos in cars). And that QNX supports Snapdragon already. I had hoped someone here would know more. You are the first that actually addressed my "questions".

I haven't been able to find information on Snapdragon compatibility between models and generations of SoC. But I suspect that Qualcomm is more interested in this compatibility for markets they target than does Intel on the desktop.

I haven't tried Windows 7 on the 7th generation product. Good to know.
    1) They aren't going to "pull" developers from anywhere for this. So please stop saying that.

2) Some compatibility between SoCs is a small component of the overall process. So stop focusing on it.
    01-17-18 10:19 AM
    It's amazing what happens to threads around here, we get into so many squabbles... It's like we are one big family. I like it. I hope it's like real families that still love each other afterward.

I am curious, however, will there be any update on the issue at hand... Rewarding the loyalty of BB10 (and BBOS?) users with real -above what is offered to the world en masse- discounts for trade-ins? And if so, when and how much?
    01-17-18 10:34 AM
    It's amazing what happens to threads around here, we get into so many squabbles... It's like we are one big family. I like it. I hope it's like real families that still love each other afterward.

I am curious, however, will there be any update on the issue at hand... Rewarding the loyalty of BB10 (and BBOS?) users with real -above what is offered to the world en masse- discounts for trade-ins? And if so, when and how much?
    Just wipe and list your devices on Ebay , Swappa, Letgo. You can sell now instead of waiting. Each day goes by, your devices just depreciate.
    01-17-18 10:38 AM
    Just wipe and list your devices on Ebay , Swappa, Letgo. You can sell now instead of waiting. Each day goes by, your devices just depreciate.
    yup. the program, if and when it ever materializes will be an utter joke, much like BBMO itself.

Posted via CBX
    DonHB likes this.
    01-17-18 10:53 AM
    1) They aren't going to "pull" developers from anywhere for this. So please stop saying that.

2) Some compatibility between SoCs is a small component of the overall process. So stop focusing on it.
    Why do you believe that QNX having a BSP for the 820A is immaterial?
    01-17-18 10:59 AM
    Why do you believe that QNX having a BSP for the 820A is immaterial?
    don, please, give up.

Posted via CBX
    01-17-18 11:00 AM
756 ... 293031