Hi,

I just had a thought and would like to start a campaign. If everyone that owns a BlackBerry bought just 1 thing from BlackBerry World (an app, music, a film, whatever) it might go along way to the bottom line!

So, Buy 1 thing from BlackBerry World today!

National Rail Times App for BB10 (Q10 and Z10) - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20352963
    06-30-13 03:02 PM
    I don't think they make much from apps.
    06-30-13 03:10 PM
    I was planning on buying this, so this post is a good excuse lol:

Check out BX Battery Info in BlackBerry World! You can find it at
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20322138

It's free, but I bought the pro version.
    06-30-13 03:17 PM
    I just suggested that CrackBerry actually run this campaign once a month on the site. Have tweeted Bla1ze, Kevin and co.

"Support BlackBerry - Buy 1 thing from BlackBerry World".

Then encourage fans to post links to what they bought. It could be Apps, Movies, Music, anything really. It's a great way for people to discover new content and also has the side effect of generating more cash for BlackBerry.

And yes BlackBerry make some cash from each app. I think I'm charged 30% from each dollar I make on there from my app by BlackBerry. So this will definately generate more cash for them.

It could go viral tbh.

To avoid a monopoly though, CrackBerry editors shouldn't suggest what apps, films, music to buy, they just let the market decide and do its thing.

Any thoughts?

National Rail Times App for BB10 (Q10 and Z10) - http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20352963
    06-30-13 03:39 PM
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING !

This is supposed to be a huge tech company ! not some homeless guy in the street of NYC.
    Make good Hardware, software, apps ... and people will BUY !

Fanboys, ... stop this stupid ideas ...
    jaymars and Caymancroc like this.
    06-30-13 03:49 PM
    Point taken. I don't have a degree in Marketing (I'm a Techie ) so I guess the Crackberry guys could put a better spin on the title of the Campaign.

But I think the idea is pretty sound. Its just a great new way for people that use CrackBerry to discover new content on BlackBerry World and has the side effect generating cash for BlackBerry.
    06-30-13 03:55 PM
    I'll be glad to buy some games or apps like Instagram, V�lib', Netflix, Vine, ... and much more, but where are they ?
    I'm not giving charity to a tech company, i just want to be happy with my purchase, that's why i won't buy a BBRY device again, i don't want to wait for the best ...i simply want it.
    06-30-13 04:03 PM
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING !

This is supposed to be a huge tech company ! not some homeless guy in the street of NYC.
    Make good Hardware, software, apps ... and people will BUY !

Fanboys, ... stop this stupid ideas ...
    There is absolutely no reason to be rude. If you don't like the idea, move on.
    06-30-13 04:09 PM
    Lol. Dude, You're missing the point! It's not for charity. Like I said, it's just a vehicle for people to post/share what apps they are have just downloaded or are using.

It doesn't have to be just Apps. It could be Movies, or even Music.

Admittedly, the Campaign title / marketing needs more work (considering your response) but point taken.

06-30-13 04:09 PM
    @os30, Interesting idea. Buying apps from BlackBerry World will support devs who developed those apps, if there will be enough revenue for developers, we'll have more apps, more and better apps - more BlackBerry customers, more BlackBerry customers more cache for BlackBerry from selling devices and services. So, you can say that by purchasing more things from BlackBerry World will indirectly support BlackBerry

I bought quite few apps from BlackBerry World, last was the best native photo-editor Effetica
    06-30-13 04:22 PM
    My God, has to come to this? The reason why the guy above was laughing is because when people talk about how bad BlackBerry is doing, you guys are the first to go, "They have 3 billion in the bank. They're fine." Now instead of them using that money to lure developers, you wanna take it upon yourselves to do that while making them MORE money? That IS funny.
    Last edited by jaymars; 06-30-13 at 05:09 PM.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    06-30-13 04:49 PM
    There is absolutely no reason to be rude. If you don't like the idea, move on.
    Yeah, while I don't agree with the delivery - I think he makes a valid point though.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 04:52 PM
    Perhaps, but as a developers our fates are indeed tied to theirs. If BlackBerry fails, we might fail or just go to another platform. That's abit dramatic because this isn't my day job. But I'm sure you get the point.

There is a main thread about what BlackBerry should do since they had such appalling results on Friday. However, what can WE (CrackBerry users and abusers that don't want BlackBerry to go the way of Palm) do?, hence my post.

Also, all the responses so far have been talking about Apps. BlackBerry World is a lot more than Apps.

BlackBerry World sells Music and Movies. It might be a good way to discover what Songs people are listening to, Movies they are watching, etc.

Also, another suggestion was for BBM to allow users to buy songs that their friends are listening to by just clicking on the song title when on their friends status when it shows "I'm listening to Daft Punk" or whatever, that's also something that BlackBerry could incorporate into BBM. I have no idea why that's not included yet tbh.

Thorsten mentioned that he wants BB10 users to generate / be more valuable than BBOS users, so them buying "stuff" from BlackBerry World is a way to achieve this.

Just my 2p though. But from the responses so far, if this actually runs on the main CrackBerry site, it should not be marketed as charity like it has inadvertently come across here in my post. But like I said before, I'm not a marketing guy

06-30-13 05:28 PM
    My God, has to come to this? The reason why the guy above was laughing is because when people talk about how bad BlackBerry is doing, you guys are the first to go, "They have 3 billion in the bank. They're fine." Now instead of them using that money to lure developers, you wanna take it upon yourselves to do that while making them MORE money? That IS funny.
    Exactly.

Sorry if i've been rude, didn't mean it, it was just some mixture of Laughter and Surprise.
    06-30-13 05:29 PM
    I've already bought a few things from BBW!
    06-30-13 11:21 PM
    I already bought an album and NBA Jam today.... and then saw this post haha.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 11:39 PM
    I've bought enough items for well over ten users.

Bought the white transform case, battery charge kit, and over 10 games/apps including:

world of goo, nova 3, shark dash, jet car Stunts, eufloria, riptide gp, play cloud (full), Stocks, Animoog, Nuetron music player, star tracker and others.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 05:07 AM
    I recently purchase Exporter to save my text messages. It is exactly what I needed, and the ability to send to my email, cloud and sd card could not have been easier. I don't remember how much it cost, but it has been a lifesaver for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 04:06 AM
    I will buy something when BlackBerry improve the BBWORLD platform and not before. Some screenshots of 10.2 look much better in respect of app review info, but right now I just don't trust it.

Was looking at latest free apps Hide Media - Photo Lock and it says 2 reviews and 3* but when you display the reviews there are 5 of them and the mean review is 4*.

How can anyone possibly trust this for purchase decision making?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 04:15 AM
    I buy just about any native app that comes out that looks half way decent. Been screwed a few times when they are bad. But that is fine with me.

Agree though, I should promote that I did it more.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 07:43 AM
    Can I buy a spell to cast upon Thorsten? LOL

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    07-15-13 07:27 PM
    I have already dropped over $100 for apps for the playbook . I'll not going spend another dime on apps for my z10 unless BlackBerry fixes the playbook mess.

Posted from my ??????
    07-15-13 11:16 PM