Afew points and reminder to prioritize for BB10:
    1. security - this is the only strength left for now. others are catching up.
    2. reliability - low or no batt does not make a reliable device.
    3. bbm - its got great advantage.. but if less and less user base its useless. a great idea i heard is to make it a pay app for android with advertising plus less feature such as taking out the (r,d,tick) to lessen the experience and give a taste, but only give the full experience in BB phones. voice bbm can be a full feature only in BB phones. do this after selling BB10.
    4. Innovate.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-05-12 11:59 PM
    Afew points and reminder to prioritize for BB10:
    1. security - this is the only strength left for now. others are catching up.
    2. reliability - low or no batt does not make a reliable device.
    3. bbm - its got great advantage.. but if less and less user base its useless. a great idea i heard is to make it a pay app for android with advertising plus less feature such as taking out the (r,d,tick) to lessen the experience and give a taste, but only give the full experience in BB phones. voice bbm can be a full feature only in BB phones. do this after selling BB10.
    4. Innovate.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

1. People like to be stalked or just don't realize it. They need to advertise security

2. I can agree and they will do that. That's one of the reasons BB10 is coming late. They needed a new 4G chip to add to the phone which adds battery life.

3. I believe they should have a "lite" version of bbm.
    Strip groups and put ads and remove the ticks.

4. Be more clear on what should they innovate.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    04-06-12 12:23 AM
    I agree with everything you said. I think they need to make BBM more interactive, I said this in a post a while ago, but I feel like if it connected with pinterest, tumblr, instagram, and sites like that, it would be pretty awesome. Be able to click on posts you see from there, and say share, and either share it to facebook or twitter, or I think it would be cool to share it to a BBM contact directly. maybe? idk.
    04-06-12 10:50 AM
    On the front page Chris Umiastowski posted this
    http://crackberry.com/here%E2%80%99s...rry-10-succeed

my quick reply / recap in fewer words was
    #1 - attention to details, what makes a user unhappy about an experience, ( preceeved slowness/ lagg, crashing, poor rendering, can't have any of that in the core OS features, nor in high profile apps, they need testing before launch,

#2 - don't forget BlackBerry Strengths, notifications, short cuts, device wide integration, these make BlackBerry's wonderful, they need to be at least as good as BBOS 5, 6, 7, NO! Zero sacrafices,

#3 - Key app developer relationships, BB10 can't be the ugly step child when Angry Birds, gelaxtic attack comes out or what ever the next one will be, BB10 must launched at the same time as others, instagram, skype, dropbox, netflix, hulu, people care, and so does the media, they are crucial to BB10 success

#4 - Marketing based on FEATURES, there should be no relationship messages, people need to see what BB10 does, Tools not toys is a catch phrase for a leading company. Not something to regain market share.
    If I were to add to that list now I'd also add

#5 - Focus on improving RIM made Apps, ( Twitter, facebook, BBM, BB Travel, BB Traffic, BB Protect) these Apps ALL have lots of room for improvement, not only with feature sets, but load speeds, navigation, UI's efficiencies

#6 - Ecosystem Partnerships. They must not lock us into a single ecosystem, that isn't RIM made, if they are going to partner what they should do is an App world shopping mall of sorts, with ecosystems within the shopping Mall, I can shop at the Amazon store, or the Kobo Store, or the 7 Digital store, and use either their processing services, or use a master App world shopping mall sign in and purchase service, like at a Mall you can use the Mall gift certificates, or go into each store and use theirs.
    04-06-12 11:47 AM
    did the OP even look at the forums to see that this has been done to death???
    04-06-12 01:27 PM
    did the OP even look at the forums to see that this has been done to death???
    did u notice this as well as i did? lol
    04-06-12 01:51 PM
    Innovate with news things thts actually useful. Yes this has been done but won't be the last.
    04-06-12 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD