I remember from the BBOS days that applications could send a icon to the task bar to indicate a update. What I am thinking of here is in particular the twitter icon that showed up when new tweets were available. Click the icon and be moved straight to the twitter application to se the new tweets.

This feature is not available in BlackBerry 10.

Suggestion is to add a new element in the HUB (like the notification item) called news (or what ever) and allow applications to send messages to this HUB element when there is an update. For example CrackBerry application could send a message directly to the HUB when a new article is available, and twitter icon will show up when new there are available.

Yes, it is easy to click on the twitter application and read the tweets, but here i think that "out if sight, out of mind" makes you forget.

What do you all think? Perhaps a feature you want to see?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 03:59 AM
    I would like to have a kind of News Ticker on top / bottom of the hub, filled with content of my choice. Installed Stock / Sports / News Apps could possible use that ticker. It should also be an option to show the ticker on the lock screen
    03-22-14 07:38 AM
    Like the idea. I would like to have my BlackBerry 10 providing me updates and information without me having to opened applications. A ticket would be cool, giving the user option to locate it a certain a place on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:09 AM
    I want that ribbon back too along w/ the temp in it. I miss both seeing the little tweety bird and the current temp at a glance of my home screen

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    03-22-14 10:01 PM
    That would be amazing. It would function just like a news feed, like an email account in the hub.

USAtoday has some poorly implemented hub news story notifications. But they show up in alerts, I believe. Not the best, but people have tried.

What would be great is if we had a very simple, but good internet feed app which we could populate with whatever we want. The current selection is pretty weak in the app store.
    03-22-14 10:39 PM