I think looking forward, it's not that hard to see that there are going to be more electronic devices for consumers in the near future. It used to be that laptops were THE mobile devices only a couple of years ago, now... well you know how far we've come.

Clearly blackberry has evolved to a new high with distinct and unique offerings on their current OS10, but i fear that you are yet again at another defining point in the life of the company when there's the need to decide to either expand your line of products while keeping pace with the existing ones, adding necessary improvements as may be necessary, well like you've been doing so far with OS10, but yet again you may take the wrong decision.

I appreciate the accomplishment of Thorstein Heins, but he would have been a disservice to the company had he been allowed to continue at this point. The current CEO on the other hand I hope will give some thoughts to the following;

I think blackberry needs to understand that while enterprise deserves the attention currently being dedicated to it, the market is made up of more than that. The scientific community is one that hardly ever gets mentioned for instance in anything blackberry. Security is not only synonymous with enterprise, or military. And you'll be amazed how much influence just that one community wields in the "market". I'm a member of the scientific community and I realize just how integrated we always have been with private companies, government, and yes, even the military. Think about the various fields within this one segment of the "market" and you'll hopefully appreciate my point better.

I use a Z10 and I know just how much of an edge that gives me compared to some who use other brands. But, i also have realized several times how not so fully integrated having just a great phone can be. My point being that the trend is now about efficiency becoming integrated into a flexible platform. Would it be nice to have a great tablet to go with my phone? Absolutely! But does my PlayBook meet my requirements? Absolutely not!

Soon there'll be handwares everywhere. And though some are in denial of the eventual adoption of this new technology, but you have to remember that the customers think differently. Usually it's about how much options do I get with this brand.

My point being that blackberry needs to make some kind of tablet at least, as well as go after the scientific community.

Sometimes I'm amazed how a company with such a new-found potential can just sit back and hope that......., i'm not even sure what! But it doesn't have to be this way is all I keep telling myself.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 03:43 PM
    You're a bit late. The tablet thing did not work out so well.
    02-20-14 04:52 PM
    You're a bit late. The tablet thing did not work out so well.
    Problem was that they never made it kick *** enough. They know what to do to really crack that market, they just didn't want to spend the money doing it. Maybe not yet the right time to re-enter that fray, but soon I hope.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    02-20-14 06:22 PM
    Problem was that they never made it kick *** enough. They know what to do to really crack that market, they just didn't want to spend the money doing it. Maybe not yet the right time to re-enter that fray, but soon I hope.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    BlackBerry Kindle 8).

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 06:59 PM