Just a thought, what about a function or option to be able to have the Hub view go to global view after some specified period of time? English is not my language, I don�t know if this is understandable

Because I am starting to be fed up with the fact that everytime I open some email and I do not close it, and when after some time I receive another message, I use the Peek gesture to look what came and I see only my previously opened email

The worst thing is, that happened to me when I was showing BB10 new functions to my friends, and I forgot about that, so I told my friend "hey, send me an email an I�ll show you how this works" to show him that I am able to browse the web and just take a quick look on it and then continue browsing if I am not interested in tthe message received. Instead, I just quick looked on some of my previously opened email, or maybe my previously opened gmail account, I dont remember, and I looked totally stupid )

So it would be great to Hub view go back to basic view after I don�t know, maybe 5 minutes for example? Of course to have the ability to turn it on/off, based on everyones preference.

Is it good idea, bad idea, or what do you think?

P.S. maybe you will say "so just hit the back button and navigate everytime to basic view and your problem is solved" - but, well, this is why I loved BB in the past, because it saves time, it is built for us, who don�t want to spend even just few seconds every hour doing something useless
    divakar likes this.
    09-09-13 09:09 AM
    I'd like to have the option to go back to global view after closing the hub
    divakar likes this.
    09-09-13 09:11 AM
    The auto-reset HUB must be baked in, not even an option (we will not begin to have an option for everything anyway)
    09-09-13 09:37 AM
    I disagree. Not everyone wants that. The legacy OS didn't do it either
    09-09-13 10:20 AM
    I disagree. Not everyone wants that. The legacy OS didn't do it either
    So you are OK with it, that you have to go back everytime you read the message, to be able to use this Peek function properly?
    09-09-13 10:36 AM
    It's certainly not a deal breaker. But I would really like it to reset after a period of time. For the sake of multi tasking, it's good that it stays in your message though
    09-09-13 10:39 AM
    It's certainly not a deal breaker. But I would really like it to reset after a period of time. For the sake of multi tasking, it's good that it stays in your message though
    Of course when I said "auto-reset", that is after a fixed time, not immediatly...
    09-09-13 10:45 AM
    Yes, thats why I was thinking about something like 5 minutes
    09-09-13 10:48 AM
    Simply close it people. A simple "pull from the left then from the right motion" takes care of it. It's become natural to me. And no, not all of us want it. If I haven't finished a message I like that it takes me right back to where I left off.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-09-13 10:50 AM
    Simply close it people. A simple "pull from the left then from the right motion" takes care of it. It's become natural to me.
    I do�t get it. How do you do it? I tried it now but it doesn�t work. When I pull from left I open a menu to choose different accounts (emails, sms etc) and then from right I go to active frames. But when I peek I am still in this sms menu or whatever but not in my basic hub view. Please dscribe it more for me, thanx
    09-09-13 11:18 AM
    Let's say you get a text. You open up the Hub. Reply. Well after you're finished, pull from the left (this takes you to your main hub view) and then pull from the right (this takes you out of the hub and into whatever else you were doing). So when you open up the Hub again you see everything or the main view as opposed to just the one account you were last in.

Richard Buckley likes this.
    09-09-13 11:26 AM
    Let's say you get a text. You open up the Hub. Reply. Well after you're finished, pull from the left (this takes you to your main hub view) and then pull from the right (this takes you out of the hub and into whatever else you were doing). So when you open up the Hub again you see everything or the main view as opposed to just the one account you were last in.

I think I know what you are talking about now. But this doesn�t work for example when you choose one of your accounts (for example only gmail) and doing stuff there. Then you go to the message, write, respond, anything. Then when you do a left swip, you will go back to gmail messages again. And if you want to go to basic Hub view, you have to open a menu and then tap on the top of it on first choice available, which is Hub). And this is in my opinion that one more useless move/gesture/tap which consumes a second here and there during a day
    09-09-13 02:03 PM
    I think I know what you are talking about now. But this doesn�t work for example when you choose one of your accounts (for example only gmail) and doing stuff there. Then you go to the message, write, respond, anything. Then when you do a left swip, you will go back to gmail messages again. And if you want to go to basic Hub view, you have to open a menu and then tap on the top of it on first choice available, which is Hub). And this is in my opinion that one more useless move/gesture/tap which consumes a second here and there during a day
    Which is exactly how it is supposed to work. Otherwise if you want to leave the hub one one account for some reason it wouldn't stay there, or you'd have to change a configuration setting to make that happen.

Try using the hub the way it was designed. You aren't going to get ant changes to it anytime soon, and once you work with it rather than against it you may realize that it is the best way to manage communications.
    09-09-13 08:50 PM
    You work for BlackBerry, don't you? Haha
    09-09-13 09:43 PM
    This would not work. Look at it from the point of view where you're composing a text but had to navigate away before you finish, the text would be gone if the hub is on auto.

Simply get used to the habit of going to the main hub before you navigate away. That's the only logical way.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 10:10 PM
    This would not work. Look at it from the point of view where you're composing a text but had to navigate away before you finish, the text would be gone if the hub is on auto.

Simply get used to the habit of going to the main hub before you navigate away. That's the only logical way.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I understand you point, thats why there should be some delay before it changes to basic view.
    09-10-13 06:04 AM
    Which is exactly how it is supposed to work. Otherwise if you want to leave the hub one one account for some reason it wouldn't stay there, or you'd have to change a configuration setting to make that happen.

Try using the hub the way it was designed. You aren't going to get ant changes to it anytime soon, and once you work with it rather than against it you may realize that it is the best way to manage communications.
    Well, I am trying

But because I use Hub everyday, I have to do that unnecessary step so many times.
    I think that Hub was designed for us to have all messages at one place, OK, good idea. But still, when using it, you use these functions like sorting it by account for example to find some message faster.

Maybe I am so concerned about this because they said that everything flows in BB10 naturally and for this I have to still think about leaving it in some specified state

But it is right that this is not a question of life and death
    09-10-13 06:13 AM