Radio Flyer Wagons simply cannot be improved. Timeless utility on 4 wheels.

Posted via CB10
    That's what everyone says about BB10.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-31-17 03:48 PM
    That's what everyone says about BB10.
    I don't know if it as classic as a Radio Flyer, but it's pretty darned great.! :-)

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-31-17 03:58 PM
    I don't know if it as classic as a Radio Flyer, but it's pretty darned great.! :-)

It is. Or was .
    12-31-17 04:01 PM
    It is. Or was .
    Still is, here. I never wanted third party apps. Happy with the core functionality. Totally selfish of me, but my BB10 phone does just what I need.

12-31-17 04:03 PM
    Still is, here. I never wanted third party apps. Happy with the core functionality. Totally selfish of me, but my BB10 phone does just what I need.

I know, I know. Don't we know each other by now lol?
    12-31-17 04:07 PM
    I know, I know. Don't we know each other by now lol?
    Sorry. It wasn't just for you I was writing!

The funny thing is, I'm not at all sad about the decline of BB10. I feel very fortunate to have gotten so much value out of my Z10 over the past five years, with two more years left to go.

In some ways, I feel like BB10's failure in the marketplace was a positive for me. I'm not sure I would have liked it any better if there had been as much app support as I see in Android and iOS.

I love the fact that my Z10 is basically a BlackBerry Bold on steroids, with very few distractions from my work. I am not a big fan of "crowdsourcing" productivity apps through the various app stores. I have never found a single business app that I liked that wasn't developed by a huge, multibillion dollar tech company.

As I make the move away from BB10 over the next couple of years, I have high hopes that Android will continue to improve, based on the moves I see Google making to get a handle on some of the most annoying things in Android (app standards and notification spam).

But I can already sense that, for me, the "peak utilization" of mobile phones has passed. SSDs with rapid boot in Windows 10 have already made it faster to work on my laptop than my phone for all substantive work, and I find myself leaving my phone in my bag more and more often.

I'll continue to enjoy staying current on Android and iOS, but by 2020 I seriously doubt if I'll have a mobile phone in my hands for more than the occasional call or message while standing in line at the airport or on a bus. If I'm sitting, I'll be typing with both hands on a PC of some form factor TBD.

12-31-17 04:27 PM
    Sorry. It wasn't just for you I was writing!

The funny thing is, I'm not at all sad about the decline of BB10. I feel very fortunate to have gotten so much value out of my Z10 over the past five years, with two more years left to go.

In some ways, I feel like BB10's failure in the marketplace was a positive for me. I'm not sure I would have liked it any better if there had been as much app support as I see in Android and iOS.

I love the fact that my Z10 is basically a BlackBerry Bold on steroids, with very few distractions from my work. I am not a big fan of "crowdsourcing" productivity apps through the various app stores. I have never found a single business app that I liked that wasn't developed by a huge, multibillion dollar tech company.

As I make the move away from BB10 over the next couple of years, I have high hopes that Android will continue to improve, based on the moves I see Google making to get a handle on some of the most annoying things in Android (app standards and notification spam).

But I can already sense that, for me, the "peak utilization" of mobile phones has passed. SSDs with rapid boot in Windows 10 have already made it faster to work on my laptop than my phone for all substantive work, and I find myself leaving my phone in my bag more and more often.

I'll continue to enjoy staying current on Android and iOS, but by 2020 I seriously doubt if I'll have a mobile phone in my hands for more than the occasional call or message while standing in line at the airport or on a bus. If I'm sitting, I'll be typing with both hands on a PC of some form factor TBD.

Oh, I got my money many times over from my trusted Q10. I hear you!
    12-31-17 04:35 PM
    "SSDs with rapid boot in Windows 10 have already made it faster to work on my laptop than my phone for all substantive work, and I find myself leaving my phone in my bag more and more often."
    yap, only if you can get away security scan/security update that need for walk away longer than a coffee break (15-20 min) - the anti virus itself behave just like virus - take more space and slow everything down and demand upgrade instead of rasom money... (how many security update you have per month? and many times, instrumental software PC can not identify will treated as malware... if you too quick to hit delete, god save your soul... you can forget next few weeks productivity).
    01-01-18 10:39 AM
    "SSDs with rapid boot in Windows 10 have already made it faster to work on my laptop than my phone for all substantive work, and I find myself leaving my phone in my bag more and more often."
    yap, only if you can get away security scan/security update that need for walk away longer than a coffee break (15-20 min) - the anti virus itself behave just like virus - take more space and slow everything down and demand upgrade instead of rasom money... (how many security update you have per month? and many times, instrumental software PC can not identify will treated as malware... if you too quick to hit delete, god save your soul... you can forget next few weeks productivity).
    I honestly don't have any of the problems you describe. I control the update schedules for my software, and they update once a month in the middle of the night. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your PC. Maybe you are better off with just a phone.

01-01-18 01:42 PM
    01-01-18 04:31 PM
    omg haha , please try it
    01-02-18 02:12 AM
    I only have two things to say:

Microsoft
    IBM
    01-02-18 09:03 AM
37 12