Hi all. Might be a silly question but would like to know if there is a a way one can use the Kindel App in our beloved passports.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-20 11:02 AM
    Hi all. Might be a silly question but would like to know if there is a a way one can use the Kindel App in our beloved passports.

Posted via CB10
    Try this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...547.1578667809

Not sure if anything there is helpful. I have the BBW version of Kindle on my spare Z10 but it is not available for the Passport AFAIK.

Note: you are fairly new here so just a FYI. If you need help on a particular app just do a search on these CB forums and you will quite often find the answer, especially for commonly used apps.
    04-19-20 11:30 AM
    Thank you for the advice and help.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-19-20 11:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just use Yalp (Play Store client) and download Kindle.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com....kin.yalpstore/

Here is a direct link though:

http://amazon-kindle.apk.watch/4.15.0.46
    04-19-20 11:48 AM
    Very interesting. I've been using 7.8.1.5 for years. It is, I believe, the latest version that will work on BB10. However, it is slow to load on my Z10 (might be a lot better on a PP) and visits to the Kindle Store take forever. I will definitely uninstall v7 and backtrack to v4 and hope for improved performance. Thanks for this heads-up.
    04-19-20 02:01 PM
    Try this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...547.1578667809

Not sure if anything there is helpful. I have the BBW version of Kindle on my spare Z10 but it is not available for the Passport AFAIK.

Note: you are fairly new here so just a FYI. If you need help on a particular app just do a search on these CB forums and you will quite often find the answer, especially for commonly used apps.
    If you want to use the BBW version on your passport just back it up from your Z10 on Link and restore it to the passport. Bingo you have it on both.

It works for me.
    brookie229 likes this.
    04-22-20 05:37 AM
    If you want to use the BBW version on your passport just back it up from your Z10 on Link and restore it to the passport. Bingo you have it on both.

It works for me.
    Thanks for that. I know that's possible but I've been too lazy to get that done on my Passport.
    04-22-20 09:15 AM
    The then-current BBW Z10 version of Kindle was my first in 2013 since when I've tried various apk from apkpure, uptodown and similar repositories. The availability of Kindle on BBW has been variable on-off, has it not? - certainly seems so to me. Anyway it is available now and currently installed, replacing v7 and more recently v4 from non-BBW sources.
    My question:
    Kindle v4 has left an annoying directory amazon under /misc/android/ with subdirectories and several files at the deepest. Some are read-only. Neither in Windows nor Cygwin using chmod can I alter these attributes and thus delete this annoying intrusion. (I've never been able to access my Z10 from Linux.) Any instructions to achieve this?
    (I know - in today’s world there are bigger problems but this is a sore irritant on an otherwise perfect platform.)
    04-23-20 02:25 AM
    The then-current BBW Z10 version of Kindle was my first in 2013 since when I've tried various apk from apkpure, uptodown and similar repositories. The availability of Kindle on BBW has been variable on-off, has it not? - certainly seems so to me. Anyway it is available now and currently installed, replacing v7 and more recently v4 from non-BBW sources.
    My question:
    Kindle v4 has left an annoying directory amazon under /misc/android/ with subdirectories and several files at the deepest. Some are read-only. Neither in Windows nor Cygwin using chmod can I alter these attributes and thus delete this annoying intrusion. (I've never been able to access my Z10 from Linux.) Any instructions to achieve this?
    (I know - in today’s world there are bigger problems but this is a sore irritant on an otherwise perfect platform.)
    Never touch the Android directory on a BB10 phone.

It is what allows Android apps to believe they are working on an Android device.

Many things in there are just stubs - but necessary.
    04-23-20 07:50 AM
    If your ok with the Android version, 7.2.0 .27 works fine on my PP. A little wonky here and there but it works fairly well. I downloaded it from the Amazon App Store, but: it in Yalp too

Sent from a Blackberry Passport
    05-19-20 08:23 AM