Newfangled. Rim blackberry has never been close to declaring bankrupcy. Therefore ur recent posts where u stated chen has saved the company is in error. That's my point.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    01-23-16 10:40 PM
    Newfangled. Rim blackberry has never been close to declaring bankrupcy. Therefore ur recent posts where u stated chen has saved the company is in error. That's my point.

Posted via CB10
    They tried to sell the company and couldn't find a buyer. Nobody wanted to touch them, they were in such bad shape. They brought in Chen because he had a proven track record of turning companies around.

They had to get a new infusion of cash from investors because they were no longer profitable and losing money.

They have only just barely returned to profitability within the past couple of quarters.

I'm not sure what led you to believe they were doing just fine before Chen. They weren't.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    Laura Knotek, DaDaDogg and JeepBB like this.
    01-23-16 10:48 PM
    Newfangled. Again data or proof please. I don't remember Bberry ever wanting to sell the company or needed infusion of cash. Even if that was the case, which I don't ever believe it was, it doesn't mean the company was even in danger of going out of business. In no way therfore has chen saved the company. In fact it's a lot worse of due to him because of antagonism he has caused from loyal bb10 users. Personally I won't buy another BlackBerry until I see affirmative support for bb10

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    01-23-16 11:09 PM
    Newfangled. Again data or proof please. I don't remember Bberry ever wanting to sell the company or needed infusion of cash. Even if that was the case, which I don't ever believe it was, it doesn't mean the company was even in danger of going out of business. In no way therfore has chen saved the company. In fact it's a lot worse of due to him because of antagonism he has caused from loyal bb10 users. Personally I won't buy another BlackBerry until I see affirmative support for bb10

Posted via CB10
    I'm not Newfangled, but BlackBerry did indeed put itself up for sale back in 2013. http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/04/tech...berry-fairfax/
    bunky1971 likes this.
    01-23-16 11:28 PM
    Ok. I don't remember this. But ok. I still think the stupidest think BlackBerry has ever done was hiring Chen. He sure has antagonize bbs's bread and butter the bb10 users

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    01-23-16 11:35 PM
    Ok. I don't remember this. But ok. I still think the stupidest think BlackBerry has ever done was hiring Chen. He sure has antagonize bbs's bread and butter the bb10 users

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, how dare he shave a few billion dollars off of their quarterly losses...
    01-23-16 11:54 PM
    "How BlackBerry killed itself" could take up a whole book. I'm sure it's already something taught in business schools.

Posted via CB10
    There is one. It's called Losing Signal. You should it read it.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-24-16 12:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Google is your friend.
    01-24-16 12:38 AM
    There is one. It's called Losing Signal. You should it read it.

Posted via CB10
    I did read it. It was good.
    01-24-16 12:44 AM
    I did read it. It was good.
    Me too!
    01-24-16 12:46 AM
    "Bread and butter" describes a "base" that is responsible for much/most of your profits. BB10 has not only never turned a penny of profit, it's actually cost the company at least $9B in losses directly, and BB loses $100 or so every time they sell a BB10 phone. That's not "bread and butter." Since before BB10's launch, QNX for Cars and BES have been BB's "bread and butter", along with the rapidly evaporating service revenues from BIS (for BBOS phones).
    DaDaDogg and bunky1971 like this.
    01-24-16 01:34 AM
    It wasn't that great... plus you can use volume buttons to take a pic.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    And spacebar!

Posted via Priv...
    01-24-16 03:10 AM
    Yeah, how dare he shave a few billion dollars off of their quarterly losses...
    Quarterly losses were due to BlackBerry policy! Have they launched any BB10 devices like they launched Priv ? People still don't know basic swipe up and swipe down gestures

Posted via Priv...
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    01-24-16 03:13 AM
    We can editorialize about BlackBerry all we want. The truth about the camera application is that they asked about the shutter release in a user survey. The results were overwhelmingly against press anywhere, and for a specific button.

Lots of people complain that BlackBerry never listens to their customers, but the fact is many of their customers never listen to BlackBerry trying to listen to them.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    01-24-16 09:08 AM
    I've read all your posts and am now convinced the stupidest thing they ever did was change the shutter button. Now it's as hard to take a pic on my BlackBerry as it is on other phones. Keep making my BlackBerry like other phones and I won't find a need to have a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    02-06-16 07:48 PM
40 12