I have the Android app "Clean Master" installed on my Q10. See https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nmaster.mguard. I use it mainly to clear out the junk files that Android accumulates; I used it on my S4 too. But it also has an app manager built into it, so I tapped it to see what I'd find.

I of course got a list of the Android apps I'd installed: Kindle, Audible, Waze, and a few others. In addition, there's a tab for "Pre-installed apps", 15 of them. They are:

1. Movie Studio
    2. Android browser ("Internet")
    3. Android Live Wallpaper
    4. Photo Screensavers
    5. Search
    6. Black Hole
    7. Magic Smoke Wallpaper
    8. Music Visualization
    9. Calculator
    10. Sound Recorder
    11. Calendar Storage
    12. Bubbles
    13. Phase Beam
    14. Basic Daydreams
    15. HTML viewer

Together, they use 361.2 MP of space. I'm not exactly sure if this is RAM or device flash memory.

I can see why some of these things might be needed by the runtime. For example, apps that fork the browser may need to find the Android browser. But Bubbles and Phase Beam? These were things I removed from my S4; I can't imagine they're needed on my Q10. And Movie Studio and Live Wallpapers, which are among the largest of the files, also seem utterly pointless sitting in BB10 taking up space.

Any idea why this stuff is in there?
    05-08-14 08:37 PM
    I have the Android app "Clean Master" installed on my Q10. See https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nmaster.mguard. I use it mainly to clear out the junk files that Android accumulates; I used it on my S4 too. But it also has an app manager built into it, so I tapped it to see what I'd find.

I of course got a list of the Android apps I'd installed: Kindle, Audible, Waze, and a few others. In addition, there's a tab for "Pre-installed apps", 15 of them. They are:

1. Movie Studio
    2. Android browser ("Internet")
    3. Android Live Wallpaper
    4. Photo Screensavers
    5. Search
    6. Black Hole
    7. Magic Smoke Wallpaper
    8. Music Visualization
    9. Calculator
    10. Sound Recorder
    11. Calendar Storage
    12. Bubbles
    13. Phase Beam
    14. Basic Daydreams
    15. HTML viewer

Together, they use 361.2 MP of space. I'm not exactly sure if this is RAM or device flash memory.

I can see why some of these things might be needed by the runtime. For example, apps that fork the browser may need to find the Android browser. But Bubbles and Phase Beam? These were things I removed from my S4; I can't imagine they're needed on my Q10. And Movie Studio and Live Wallpapers, which are among the largest of the files, also seem utterly pointless sitting in BB10 taking up space.

Any idea why this stuff is in there?
    Could be needed in some way, shape, form or fashion. When you removed them from your S4 did it or apps act any different? You may be on to something, but be careful because some folks have fallen victim to removing things from the Android folder thus deleting things like media from their BlackBerry altogether.
    05-09-14 03:41 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are part of the Android Runtime, and as such can NOT be deleted or un-installed in any way. The Runtime is the Runtime and you can NOT edit/modify any single part of the it.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 07:48 PM
    Yeah I can't remove anything from the BB10 runtime, nor would I do so if I could without being certain it was safe. But I did remove some of this stuff from my S4. It was easy enough to put it back if anything went wrong, but nothing did go wrong. That's what makes me wonder what some of it's doing in BB10.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    05-09-14 10:17 PM