So-called 'smartphones' are considered 'smart' because they do much more than phone. In adding other features like cameras, compasses, clocks and connections to the internet they have become a team of features and it's important to remember that a successful team is not just a collection of star players but also a function of how well they play together. Sports history is full of examples of some teams buying big name players without much improvement while others do improve greatly and one of the most important differences, I think, is that teamwork. It's dangerous to carry an analogy too far but one last comparison is that although the players are on the same team, they're not all playing at the same time or at the same specific task and so changes between them need to happen smoothly and efficiently. BB10 is a new team, for sure, but so far I'm very impressed with not just the integration of the various early elements but also the ease of changing between those integrated elements. Grouping all the messaging apps together is now perfectly obvious to anyone who's used it and the ease of switching in and out of that Hub is now second nature. The Active Frames, too, are incredibly well thought out and make it so easy to either just glance at the Frame info or tap it to get instantly (and I mean instantly) back into the full app. (I've noticed that I tend to leave more open apps on this Z10 then I do on the PlayBook and I think it's because access is so absolutely effortless.) The other important member of the team, of course, is the person using it and here again the integration is exceptional. I'm usually single-handing this thing and it's only when I stop and actually look at how I'm flying around between apps, messages and the controls with a single thumb that I realize all the many well thought-out ideas that have been, yes, integrated within the OS.

Ease of use, cleverness and integration won't be listed on the spec sheet beside the megapixels but for people like me they're a lot more important. These are things that are hard to portray in 30 second commercial but count for a lot every single time you use it. And from what little I know about QNX, it seems that this can go much further than just the phone itself. How cool will that be?
    03-16-13 10:00 AM
    You're so right. There is finesse in the Z10. That doesn't come through easily. If a potential customer has already written off the Z10 in his/her consideration of getting the next phone out there, and only open to Android phones or iPhones, I kinda think it's hard to convince.

The Z10 has to prove itself. And maybe the way it has to go, is via the Enterprise route. When it is actually in the hands of the executives who matter, it will take off, as they become advocates of the Z10. It's a challenging market out there but BBRY must not give up. You will rise again. This is just the beginning. It gives me great pleasure to discuss the beauty of a well made phone. I was just asked this evening what phone I was using. I proudly presented my Z10 and told the peeps at the party that it is the best phone I have ever owned. And this is the truth.
    03-16-13 10:23 AM
    Outstanding post.... Good job, OP.
    Some things some people won't understand in the spec race phone makers created.
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-16-13 10:34 AM
    I truly agree! Can't find real fault, and all the qualities that need to be in place for a reliable business phone is there .

Just give it time. Once the applications fall into place with some refinements This will be a awesome business phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 10:46 AM
    The same people who fell for the Intel Mhz race are swallowing up the spec race in the Android world.
    03-16-13 11:28 AM
    Fully agree. The interface is great, I was an android user for 2 years, I find the z10 far superior to navigate.

However; proper app support is a major feature of any smartphone. Not number of apps but the right apps. While I've sideloaded the Android apps I need. This isn't a true solution.

Hopefully enough of the right developers come on board and code good native apps for the platform, taking care to properly implement the BlackBerry interface standards.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 11:36 AM
    +1!

Sent from my Z10 posted using the CB10.
    03-16-13 01:54 PM