I just got a new car and it offers the option of streaming Pandora IF Pandora is installed on my phone. I do have Pandora on my computer with a login/pw, etc.

I also just got a BlackBerry Classic with OS 10.3.1.747.

When I go to BlackBerry world on the phone and search for Pandora, it's not there.

When I go to Pandora.com on my phone's browser, I get a message, "Pandora does not support your device." And it says to visit www.pandora.com/mobile on a computer for more information.

When I go to www.pandora.com/mobile on my computer I get:
    "Visit www.pandora.com/mobile from your mobile browser to download Pandora now."
    WTF?

Either I'm S.O.L. or else I'm stuck in an Escher drawing. Which is it?
    02-11-15 10:56 AM
    Download Pandora from the Amazon store. Works perfectly.
    02-11-15 11:01 AM
    Okay, It must just be me.

I go to amazon.com on my phone and find Pandora. It tells me to add it to my wish list and go to my computer to "purchase" it.
    I add it to my wish list and go to my computer and go to amazon.com and thence to my wish list.
    I click on Pandora.
    It says I already own this app, and in fact, it IS on my kindlefire.
    It gives me the option in a popup screen to download it to my "other devices," one of which is "My Android Device." Is that my BlackBerry? When I click on that, nothing happens.

I guess I can pair my kindlefire with the car and listen to Pandora that way.

But I want to do what hoopitz said.

Escher drawing.
    02-11-15 02:09 PM
    Go to amazon app... or snap...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    02-11-15 04:22 PM

These monosyllabic replies are so unhelpful.
    Droidophobe likes this.
    02-11-15 09:36 PM
    Okay, It must just be me.

I go to amazon.com on my phone and find Pandora. It tells me to add it to my wish list and go to my computer to "purchase" it.
    I add it to my wish list and go to my computer and go to amazon.com and thence to my wish list.
    I click on Pandora.
    It says I already own this app, and in fact, it IS on my kindlefire.
    It gives me the option in a popup screen to download it to my "other devices," one of which is "My Android Device." Is that my BlackBerry? When I click on that, nothing happens.

I guess I can pair my kindlefire with the car and listen to Pandora that way.

But I want to do what hoopitz said.

Escher drawing.
    When I use my PC to get apps from the Amazon Appstore, I have the option to download the app to the cloud. After that, the app appears in the Amazon Appstore on my phone.
    02-11-15 09:40 PM
    On your Passport you have an Amazon Store app. Download Pandora from there and install. This should give you want you are looking for.

 Z10 STL 100-3 OS 10.3.1.2243
    02-11-15 09:40 PM
    How was it unhelpful? Did you want me to write whole essay?? It was short thing to say "why do you try to download an app from your computer to the phone? Use dedicated app for this"... apologies that I didn't satisfy your need to read a long explanation to a problem that is not really a problem.... I was counting on your invention, clearly my mistake.. lol

02-11-15 11:02 PM
    How was it unhelpful? Did you want me to write whole essay?? It was short thing to say "why do you try to download an app from your computer to the phone? Use dedicated app for this"... apologies that I didn't satisfy your need to read a long explanation to a problem that is not really a problem.... I was counting on your invention, clearly my mistake.. lol

Your LOL reeked (of sincerity).

Did you read my OP? In it I said:
    When I go to Pandora.com on my phone's browser, I get a message, "Pandora does not support your device." And it says to visit www,pandora.com/mobile on a computer for more information.

When I go to www,pandora.com/mobile on my computer I get:
    "Visit www,pandora.com/mobile from your mobile browser to download Pandora now."
    Hence the reference to an Escher drawing.

The next poster hoopitz, said:
    Download Pandora from the Amazon store. Works perfectly.
    When I went to amazon on my phone, it said to put Pandora on my wish list and then go to my computer to download it. On the computer, my BlackBerry was not one of the devices it could be downloaded TO.

That's why.

Then you come along with the cryptic:
    02-12-15 06:35 AM
    On your Passport you have an Amazon Store app. Download Pandora from there and install. This should give you want you are looking for.

I don't have a Passport. I have a Classic. See the post above (and my OP) for the steps I took.

I DO have a kindlefire and I successfully paired it with my car's bluetooth EXCEPT that it's wifi only, so I can stream Pandora when I'm sitting in my driveway or in a McDonald's parking lot.
    02-12-15 06:37 AM
    What OS is on your phone? I thought the classic came with 10.3.1? The amazon app should be pre installed on your phone. Use the app, don't go to amazon.com or use the browser.
    02-12-15 06:42 AM
    What OS is on your phone? I thought the classic came with 10.3.1? The amazon app should be pre installed on your phone. Use the app, don't go to amazon.com or use the browser.
    Don't bother man. He apparently doesn't see the difference between using browser or app and his main goal is to analyse answers in regards to how unhelpful they are.

I will be helpful now, in capitals, maybe he understands - DO NOT USE WEBSITES, COMPUTER BUT OPEN AMAZON APP ON YOUR PHONE AND DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION YOU'RE LOOKING FOR. Simples (and exactly what I said in my first answer). Peace out..

02-12-15 07:15 AM
    I don't have a Passport. I have a Classic.
    Oops... LOL. Not that it would make any difference.

02-12-15 07:15 AM
    Don't bother man. He apparently doesn't see the difference between using browser or app and his main goal is to analyse answers in regards to how unhelpful they are.
    02-12-15 08:09 AM
    Now THIS was helpful.

ETA: Thanks to your very clear, yet concise, instructions, I did it and it worked. Thank you.

To sakjo11: WTF? By the way, as you can tell from my screen name, I'm not a "he." As I plan to use this board in the future, I will not say what I'm thinking, but I'll bet you can read my mind without using any cryptography.
    kbz1960 and Droidophobe like this.
    02-12-15 08:09 AM
    To sakjo11: WTF? By the way, as you can tell from my screen name, I'm not a "he." As I plan to use this board in the future, I will not say what I'm thinking, but I'll bet you can read my mind without using any cryptography.
    Jaysus... chill out a bit... seriously... so, you're a she then? I'm sorry, I don't care.. this is a forum, not a dating site, so for me you can be a dog.. if you weren't so full of it you would actually make an effort and try to read what people post here. Nobody here will tailor their answer to your particular mindset. If my answer wasn't clear for you - next time ask for clarification and refrain from stupid comments.

Clear enough, girlfriend? Now, take a chill pill and enjoy your Pandora APP, downloaded from an APP (which I suggested in my very first post)

02-12-15 08:29 AM
    I don't care.
    Roger that.
    02-12-15 12:18 PM
    Your condescending tone isn't helpful either. Had you put just a little more thought into it, you'd discover that the keyword in his reply was APP. As in, Amazon app. Instead, your reply itself was unhelpful to the discussion. While I do agree that his response could be a little more, well, worded, he meant no harm or foul. Perhaps the next time, you could just ask for a clarification instead of acting out as mister / miss big worded hot shot.

Now, let's finish on a positive note: how is Pandora working out for you?
    02-12-15 01:26 PM
    Guys/gals, it's just a huge misunderstanding. It happens. No biggie. Have a nice day!

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-12-15 01:36 PM
    Did you resolve it yet?

Still having trouble, my friend is having the same issue, he tried installing direct from the phone,
    never works.
    02-12-15 07:54 PM
    Will see if he solved it, if so will post here asap.

But for me I've had no problems on my passport, My friends using the classic as well
    02-12-15 07:54 PM
    Geez....between girl power attitude and eubonics textarding, no wonder the world can't get along. Anyway....

I have worked tech support for decades, and have learned that providing instructions in bullet format is generally the best.

1. Do this.
    2. Do that.
    3. Do something else.

Write clearly with the minimum amount of words. Leave out fancy, clever, and attitude aka K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid) to maximize understanding and minimize confusion for the person you're trying to help. For example;

How to Install Pandora on BlackBerry 10 Phone

1. Open Amazon Appstore app on phone.
    2. Search for Pandora.
    3. Press Open, then Install.
    4. Open Pandora app on phone.
    5. Login and enjoy.

Took me all of a minute to install.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2072
    yamahammer likes this.
    02-12-15 10:35 PM