As with Windows, though less often, every so often my BB10 just needs a ground zero rebuild. Two or three times since 2013 - not a bad record! - the available space has inexplicably reduced to zero. (I've seen this reported by others.) But more often the phone just "feels" clogged or slow or congested or simply untidy and it's time for a Fresh Start.
    However last week all installed apps just failed - Kindle, Maps, Audible, .., whatever. Pressing any app icon threw the screen to an agonisingly slow progress bar that on completion reverted to the Home screen. Using Device Manager -> Storage, every single one showed "Data 0Mb" and the "Clear Data" button greyed out.
    I couldn't identify cause; or any cure beyond a rebuild. Any insights?!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-19 02:54 AM
    A lot would depend on which BB device you're dealing with. Since most of your apps are probably apk sideloaded installs, there's a built-in factor due to apps changing, themselves. Some of them will reach the point where they're just no longer compatible with updates that have been made and will cease to function, something I've seen other users deal with over time.

Memory management becomes a problem as the cache fills up from the various apps. The more clogged it becomes, the harder it is to index everything. Without regular culling, actions just become more difficult to accommodate.

I harken back to my S4. I held that phone for a long time, and as OS updates and app updates grew, the more critical memory management became. When I updated, I made sure to get a 32 GB device, even though 16 gig was still common. I never had a problem again, then got a 64 gig device, and now a 128 gig device. I still practice weekly memory management, but I haven't done a hard reset since the S4.
    07-03-19 03:07 AM
    As with Windows, though less often, every so often my BB10 just needs a ground zero rebuild. Two or three times since 2013 - not a bad record! - the available space has inexplicably reduced to zero. (I've seen this reported by others.) But more often the phone just "feels" clogged or slow or congested or simply untidy and it's time for a Fresh Start.
    However last week all installed apps just failed - Kindle, Maps, Audible, .., whatever. Pressing any app icon threw the screen to an agonisingly slow progress bar that on completion reverted to the Home screen. Using Device Manager -> Storage, every single one showed "Data 0Mb" and the "Clear Data" button greyed out.
    I couldn't identify cause; or any cure beyond a rebuild. Any insights?!

Posted via CB10
    Hey fergus,

Sounds like this is an Android app only problem, which has been known to occur occasionally in terms of the progress bar. For that specific issue a rebuild is the best method as there is some sort of error or corruption involving the Android runtime.

As for the data problem, I lean towards it being cache-related, again likely due to Android apps. Does that same Data 0Mb situation occur with native apps?
    07-05-19 11:13 PM