We use it to make birthday slide show. Fastest and most convenient way to produce a memorable greetings for me.

? CB10 ?
    redsaph and akawarrior like this.
    03-30-14 11:17 AM
    Tip: rearrange the pictures if you don't like the default arrangement.

? CB10 ?
    akawarrior likes this.
    03-30-14 11:23 AM
    Use it with Mockit.

? CB10 ?
    03-30-14 11:24 AM
    Duplicate some of the pictures of your album to make longer slide show.

? CB10 ?
    03-30-14 11:26 AM
    After reading this thread, I went in and looked how much memory the CB10 app uses. Not bad in the Memory tab but wow! In the Storage tab. Well over 400mb.
    Why is that so much! Is it saving ALL the threads in my Z10's internal????!!!

Story Maker Useless Memory Hog 10.2 OS-img_20140330_133735.png
    Story Maker Useless Memory Hog 10.2 OS-img_20140330_133753.png

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 01:43 PM
    After reading this thread, I went in and looked how much memory the CB10 app uses. Not bad in the Memory tab but wow! In the Storage tab. Well over 400mb.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140330_133735.png 
Views:	799 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	259593
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140330_133753.png 
Views:	799 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	259594

Posted via CB10
    Since there is no way to clear the cache, the only way to remedy that would be to delete/reinstall the app.

Posted via CB10
    akawarrior likes this.
    03-30-14 02:41 PM
    Since there is no way to clear the cache, the only way to remedy that would be to delete/reinstall the app.

Posted via CB10
    This sucks. But is what it is!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 05:48 PM
    My son just used Storymaker to complete a video project for school. It was so much easier than anything on PC. He was able to make the presentation at school with Z10, Storymaker, and and a HDMI hooked into a projector. Really ignorant post by the OP.

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    Ignorant.. I think not.. Everyone in a free world is entitled to a self opinion on any subject. Just because you may not agree with someone doesn't make their opinion ignorant. I fail to see your point and do not refer to you as such. To slander someone's opinion based on your favor is indeed ignorant is it not?
    Thanks for your input on Story Maker. No more no less.. I am glad your son who seems very smart found good use for the app. No need for a slanderous opinion by you on my thread. I assure you I will use none on yours. :-)

akawarrior..
    Last edited by akawarrior; 03-30-14 at 07:38 PM.
    go1ndr and Mecca EL like this.
    03-30-14 07:23 PM
    We use it to make birthday slide show. Fastest and most convenient way to produce a memorable greetings for me.

? CB10 ?
    Cool.. It's great to get all this input. Don't know why no one hardly talks about the app.. Thanks..

akawarrior...
    03-30-14 07:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep, CB10 is a memory monster. The other poster is right just delete it and reinstall it when it gets too big. I stopped using it except to post screen shots which it does very well. I just use the native browser and clear the history and other data. If you do that you can get the compressed view and the button box in the browser. You have to log into CB to see the full orange button box selection. Guess we are getting off subject of the thread a little but that's ok..

akawarrior..
    Last edited by akawarrior; 03-31-14 at 01:10 AM.
    03-30-14 08:04 PM
    Button Box: From Browser..

Story Maker Useless Memory Hog 10.2 OS-img_20140330_202818.png

Posted by Awesome: z10 STL100-3 on 10.2.1.2947
    03-30-14 08:30 PM
    Ignorant.. I think not.. Everyone in a free world is entitled to a self opinion on any subject. Just because you may not agree with someone doesn't make their opinion ignorant. I fail to see your point and do not refer to you as such. To slander someone's opinion based on your favor is indeed ignorant is it not?
    Thanks for your input on Story Maker. No more no less.. I am glad your son who seems very smart found good use for the app. No need for a slanderous opinion by you on my thread. I assure you I will use none on yours. :-)

akawarrior..
    Well you did say that you never used it and didn't know what it would be for. That is pretty much the definition of ignorance. The term is not necessarily an insult. (I'm not the one who said it though, so I don't know if it was intended as one.)

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:37 PM
    This is what annoys me, you should be able to force close any app that doesnt have anything to do with the OS. If I use an app it stays in the background for most of the day.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:54 PM
    This is what annoys me, you should be able to force close any app that doesnt have anything to do with the OS. If I use an app it stays in the background for most of the day.

Posted via CB10
    I found a FREE little tool that does what you need. It's a running task killer. Just icon launch it and hit the X at the top menu. It kills all running apps that are not needed and keeps them quiet till they are need. It also has a white list. It's very powerful but very small. If I remember right it's about 65k in size. Give it a try it's located here:

TaskManager - BlackBerry World
    Last edited by akawarrior; 03-31-14 at 01:50 AM.
    03-31-14 01:25 AM
    Well you did say that you never used it and didn't know what it would be for. That is pretty much the definition of ignorance. The term is not necessarily an insult. (I'm not the one who said it though, so I don't know if it was intended as one.)

Posted via CB10
    I was not referring to your comment, yours was fine. I was talking to (geoffsdad) he was the one referring to my OP as being ignorant not you. You said nothing of the sort. Thanks for your clean cut comment.
    See post : #25

akawarrior..
    Last edited by akawarrior; 03-31-14 at 01:51 AM.
    03-31-14 01:40 AM
    10.3 has some cool story maker features coming. The photo app can make an automatic video using photos taken during specific time periods, using photos with similar gps locations.

Posted via CB10
    akawarrior likes this.
    03-31-14 10:37 AM
    10.3 has some cool story maker features coming. The photo app can make an automatic video using photos taken during specific time periods, using photos with similar gps locations.

Posted via CB10
    Now that is cool.. I like 10.2 a lot but still keeping an eye on 10.3 Thanks for your good report.. Be sure to report back when you give it a try..

akawarrior..
    03-31-14 04:37 PM
    Now that is cool.. I like 10.2 a lot but still keeping an eye on 10.3 Thanks for your good report.. Be sure to report back when you give it a try..

akawarrior..
    I have been reading all of your posts on this subject. I have used Story Maker and I like it. Perhaps, instead of waiting for everyone else to try things and report back, you should spend a few minutes and try it yourself. Then you report back. You might find that you can be creative. I found out that I can. Never thought I had it in me. I surprised my wife and my Grandchildren in addition to myself!

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    akawarrior likes this.
    03-31-14 07:02 PM

akawarrior..
    akawarrior: good questions and opinions and lastly, a good response!

There is no place for name-calling or slander on these forums-PERIOD! If someone feels an app is worthless, they are certainly allowed their opinion. I feel that akawarrior's remarks were courteous and well-said. Just because you don't agree is no reason to call him ignorant! akawarrior has helped many people on these forums and his comments are appreciated.
    Mecca EL and akawarrior like this.
    03-31-14 07:29 PM
    I have been reading all of your posts on this subject. I have used Story Maker and I like it. Perhaps, instead of waiting for everyone else to try things and report back, you should spend a few minutes and try it yourself. Then you report back. You might find that you can be creative. I found out that I can. Never thought I had it in me. I surprised my wife and my Grandchildren in addition to myself!

Posted via Verizon Official 10.2.1
    Well my mind was made up to remove it from my OS when I started this thread and because on point that I knew very little about it. I guess the idea of making a little story kinda turned me away from even trying it. Besides, I am not much of a direct contact social butterfly. Meaning that I really don't have anyone I want to share personal experiences with. I choose to keep my personal life well, personal. With that being said, I however from this thread have found joy in others and their experiences with the app. Even though I still find no use of it for me. This thread has showed me through their eyes and comments that indeed maybe I should in fact give it a try. So, see not all is lost. Thanks for your input and a most honest reply. :-)

akawarrior...
    03-31-14 09:27 PM
    Is it just me or does anyone actually use Story Maker? To me it uses around 60+ megs of memory even if you never even launch it, tied into the OS 10 and cannot be removed, serves no one any use that I know of as I have never seen a post about it being used. Making it a useless memory hog app in OS 10 and BlackBerry should can it. Just my opinion and everyone should have one. Seems like just a chick app to me.. lol Just kidding ladies.. Bet I catch some flak over that comment from both sides. :-) What's your opinion over Story Maker?

akawarrior..
    Calling it a useless memory hog makes your opinion ignorant. Calling the app useless because you or nobody you know uses it is an ignorant opinion. Your Opinion has contributed nothing of value to BlackBerry. Storymaker or these forums

03-31-14 10:43 PM
    Calling it a useless memory hog makes your opinion ignorant. Calling the app useless because you or nobody you know uses it is an ignorant opinion. Your Opinion has contributed nothing of value to BlackBerry. Storymaker or these forums

Well see that's your opinion and your entitled to one. However, I will not belittle myself by lowering my conversational standard to slanderous. If you don't like what I have said or agree with what my personal opinion is then that is your right. If you can't give your opinion without being slanderous then that flaw is yours and not mine. I live in a free world and by my thinking I am entitled to tell you, I am done with people who think the world owes them something. That the rest of the world should bow down to their level and conform to them. Hitler thought in that same manner and from history (something you should at least have some knowledge of) tried to rule the world. Sir, I will say this once and once only. I am done with you and have nothing else to say to you. Good day. :-)

akawarrior..
    Last edited by akawarrior; 05-17-14 at 06:27 PM.
    04-01-14 02:27 AM
    It's a very nice app, I use it quite often. But I think it should be on BlackBerry World not loaded by default on the system
    akawarrior likes this.
    04-01-14 03:05 AM
    It's a very nice app, I use it quite often. But I think it should be on BlackBerry World not loaded by default on the system
    Yes, I agree and that's all I am saying really is it should have been made removable rather the hard wired so to say into the OS. Reason being it's size unused at 60+ megs. If it was smaller it would be less of an issue to me. Making it removable would have been even better. Good input and good point. Thank you.
    The reason for this thread was to maybe raise some eyebrows by the title (boy have I done that) lol and get some idea of how many people may actually use it. I must say, this being a short lived thread, I have already gotten responses from more then I exspected. :-) I must also say I am very impressed. Thank you again for your response.

akawarrior..
    04-01-14 03:27 AM
    Really? What exactly do you do with it? Out of curiosity.. Do you share your stories with others or just use it for a sort of life experience recorder or something similar?
    Interesting..

akawarrior...
    I have a big family and every time we get together, I pull out my Z10 and capture photos and videos of the moments. Then I use Story Maker and bring it together and share with everyone. Everyone loves it. Especially because I've yet to see the ability to create memories like what Story Maker is able to create on another platform.

Awesome. Try it out before you delete it. I love being able to add music to it.

Posted via CB10
    akawarrior likes this.
    04-01-14 08:03 PM
60 123