Is it just me or does anyone actually use Story Maker? To me it uses around 60+ megs of memory even if you never even launch it, tied into the OS 10 and cannot be removed, serves no one any use that I know of as I have never seen a post about it being used. Making it a useless memory hog app in OS 10 and BlackBerry should can it. Just my opinion and everyone should have one. Seems like just a chick app to me.. lol Just kidding ladies.. Bet I catch some flak over that comment from both sides. :-) What's your opinion over Story Maker?

akawarrior..
    muellerto likes this.
    03-29-14 11:35 AM
    Probably are some people using it. I'm with you, tried once to see how it works and never after. We should be able to delete it and install it back from BlackBerry World if we want. Also Crackberry app and Foursquare are using a lot of memory. Crackberry fresh installed stands at 12Mb and after few weeks is up to 200-300Mb. At least you can delete it and re install. Hope soon we will be able to clear all the cache from all the apps.

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    03-29-14 11:42 AM
    Remove it with Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    andreirad and akawarrior like this.
    03-29-14 01:39 PM
    Remove it with Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    Good idea, I should start using Sachesi. I never used it. I'm afraid I will start deleting things I should not

TrueKulcha likes this.
    03-29-14 01:55 PM
    Good idea, I should start using Sachesi. I never used it. I'm afraid I will start deleting things I should not

sys.mmagic (Story Maker) and com.rim.bb.app.retaildemoshim (in-store demo) are 200 MB that can be safely excised.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 02:12 PM
    sys.mmagic (Story Maker) and com.rim.bb.app.retaildemoshim (in-store demo) are 200 MB that can be safely excised.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the heads up on the file name knew about the demo and language but had no idea that sysmmagic was Story Maker. Awesome.. Gone to remove it now..

akawarrior..
    Last edited by akawarrior; 03-29-14 at 06:25 PM.
    03-29-14 02:43 PM
    Are you guys really that tight with available memory that you need to go around removing built in apps?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 03:24 PM
    Are you guys really that tight with available memory that you need to go around removing built in apps?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, still waiting for my 128GB microSD. And it's really annoying if the phone reminds me multiple times per day to delete files. Wish this could be turned off or would be more intelligent on how often to remind.
    03-29-14 03:28 PM
    I use Story Maker all the time. It's one of those apps that sets BB10 apart from the other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 03:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    No. Didn't say I was hard up for storage.. Just asked for people's opinion on it's usefulness. However, if I could remove the app (I never use it) that's a huge chunk of storage (60+ megs) that I could (if I wanted to) use for something more worthy to my needs. Don't see anything needy about that. Just managing memory smarter then just letting 60megs do nothing for me. :-)

akawarrior..
    03-29-14 06:03 PM
    I use Story Maker all the time. It's one of those apps that sets BB10 apart from the other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    Really? What exactly do you do with it? Out of curiosity.. Do you share your stories with others or just use it for a sort of life experience recorder or something similar?
    Interesting..

akawarrior...
    03-29-14 06:08 PM
    I thought it would be a great app , that is until I used it and found out I couldn't email ,text ,or bbm anything I made . So I dont think I have used it since.
    Had potential.
    03-29-14 06:14 PM
    Remove it with Sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    How do you remove it with Sachesi? Can't figure out how to remove an installed BAR with it. I tried the Google Tool and it won't let you delete it. Installed over it and still can't get it to remove with Google Tool and DDPB. Other then building an Autoloader with it missing I can't seem to get it removed. I tried every step my pea brain could come up with. No result. Somebody fill me in on a working process to remove it.. :-) I am sure others would like to know the answer too..

akawarrior..
    03-29-14 06:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thurask.. I know you have your ear to the pulse of BlackBerry.. How would you go about removing it? I can't seem to get it to remove with anything.. Must be a secret NSA issue.. :-) Just don't kill me after you tell me..

akawarrior..
    03-29-14 06:24 PM
    How do you remove it with Sachesi? Can't figure out how to remove an installed BAR with it. I tried the Google Tool and it won't let you delete it. Installed over it and still can't get it to remove with Google Tool and DDPB. Other then building an Autoloader with it missing I can't seem to get it removed. I tried every step my pea brain could come up with. No result. Somebody fill me in on a working process to remove it.. :-) I am sure others would like to know the answer too..

akawarrior..
    Extract the bar from an autoloader, sideload the bar then you should be able to remove it.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 06:24 PM
    Extract the bar from an autoloader, sideload the bar then you should be able to remove it.

Posted via CB10
    Nope... Tried that.. Still can't delete it..

akawarrior..
    03-29-14 06:30 PM
    Nope... Tried that.. Still can't delete it..

akawarrior..
    Tch, they must have made it permanent. I remember older OSs (10.2 or so) allowed removing a lot more things.

Anyway, trimming away non-permanent apps and with a modicum of apps:

Before

Story Maker Useless Memory Hog 10.2 OS-img_20140329_190457.png

After

Story Maker Useless Memory Hog 10.2 OS-img_20140329_193631.png

Languages, Evernote, LinkedIn, Foursquare, retaildemoshim, BBVE, Clixel, sys.uri.whatever, compass, rcse, retaildemo, wallpapers and bug reporters are all gone. Still, stuff like Smart Tags and Remember are taunting me.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 06:41 PM

akawarrior..
    Go to install tab, mark the items you want to uninstall and press the trash can on the top left side of Sachesi. (At least that's the normal procedure, haven't tried it myself with Story Maker)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gerii; 03-29-14 at 07:01 PM.
    03-29-14 06:42 PM
    Go to install tab, mark the items you want to uninstall and press the trash can on the top left side of Sachesi. (At least that's the normal procedure, haven't tried it myself with Story Maker)

Posted via CB10
    Tried that first.. Removes it from my z10's BAR list in Sachesi but when you look on the phone (even after a reboot) it's still on there. Drop out of Sachesi and refresh the list it shows back in the listing.. Grrrr..

akawarrior..
    Last edited by akawarrior; 03-30-14 at 07:45 PM.
    03-29-14 07:08 PM
    I thought it would be a great app , that is until I used it and found out I couldn't email ,text ,or bbm anything I made . So I dont think I have used it since.
    Had potential.
    I also use it all the time. I make videos of my family vacations and stuff. You can share them on Facebook and YouTube. The file size is usually to big to email though.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:54 PM
    I also use it all the time. I make videos of my family vacations and stuff. You can share them on Facebook and YouTube. The file size is usually to big to email though.

Posted via CB10
    That's good practical use. I have never used it. Is it video only or picture and text too? The title being Story Maker I would think it would be of all media types entwined in some file format with maybe even music (mp3) support or some other music media file type. What is the finished file extension? Is it hard to work with? I like user friendly.. lol

akawarrior..
    03-29-14 10:42 PM
    It's fun to mess with. Plus I got some cool CrackBerry stuff last year because of it. -=)

http://m.crackberry.com/share-your-s...zes-crackberry

Posted via CB10/Z30
    03-29-14 10:52 PM
    That's good practical use. I have never used it. Is it video only or picture and text too? The title being Story Maker I would think it would be of all media types entwined in some file format with maybe even music (mp3) support or some other music media file type. What is the finished file extension? Is it hard to work with? I like user friendly.. lol

akawarrior..
    It's easy, it creates a mp4. You can add pictures videos and mp3s. It has filters transitions, pretty cool stuff.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:46 AM
    It's easy, it creates a mp4. You can add pictures videos and mp3s. It has filters transitions, pretty cool stuff.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting.. Pretty flexible then and output being mp4 that makes it compatible with just about any PC or smartphone.
    I still don't have a use for it but it's still interesting to hear from people who use it. I have never seen a post from anyone talking about what it does or how. Not even about using Story Maker. Still a useless app for me that I have not found a easy way to remove or even if it can be removed. The book is still out on this one. Thanks to you or anyone else for its use response or removal. I am very interested in anyone's input on ether side.

akawarrior...
    03-30-14 09:40 AM
    My son just used Storymaker to complete a video project for school. It was so much easier than anything on PC. He was able to make the presentation at school with Z10, Storymaker, and and a HDMI hooked into a projector. Really ignorant post by the OP.

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    redsaph likes this.
    03-30-14 09:46 AM
60 123