I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered...

Been using my Z10 for a week now. I only have an 8Gb micro sd card, in addition to the internal memory. Thus I've made a habit to check remaining capacity quite frequently.

I open settings, go to "Storage and Access" and select "device storage details". At the bottom of the list there's an item called "Other Data"...Mine is 7.8Gb!! Does anyone know what this is?

I noticed it about 3 days ago, and it increases greatly daily. Has anyone else experienced this issue on their Z10?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 01:34 PM
    Additional Info:
    A couple of times when I was transferring files in Windows Explorer, I'd receive an error that Windows was unable to connect to the device and the transfer would fail.

Having used an iPhone for many years(while still maintaining my loyalty to BlackBerry), I have seen this in iTunes. With respect to iDevices the "other" section in iTunes is said to contain a plethora of data; from album art, contacts, messages etc...It is also said that it contains corruupt data as a result of failed syncs.

I'm thinking the failed transfers (large .mp4 files) resulted in large blocks of corrupted data, that the phone categorizes as "Other Data".

Any ideas suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 01:51 PM