Fortunately, even with 10.2.1 you can still use BlackBerry Link to connect your device to your Windows 95 desktop.
    You're using win 95? Ick
    04-08-15 06:50 PM
    You're using win 95? Ick
    Could be worse. Could be using Windows ME!!!

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    04-08-15 07:11 PM
    Haven't used Sachesi to do an easy update. Having a local download for multiple upgrades makes better sense than using a wireless connection if time is important. I jumped multiple versions without any loss of data.
    As I've stated ...

not EVERYONE nor EVERY device upon EVERY connection always gets a local OS update via BB Link. I don't use Sachesi either and I support multiple BB10 devices, I have to be very careful with third party software installations - licensing and such.
    04-08-15 07:21 PM
    No corporation will waste time to use 3rd party software to update their BlackBerry devices to an OS that brings zero value to the business.

Update notification still comes once a day.
    Okay an autoloader then. Many of the "issues" are cosmetic complaints. So knowing that the phones are not vulnerable to the FREAK mess is not a benefit. Will they refuse to upgrade to get the anti phishing browser. Flash, come on download the 10.3 browser. Oh yeah don't want to even think of a non standard fix. We have had so many why don't they update the os to now why do they update the os. Get a Motorola V710 and live dangerously.
    04-08-15 07:28 PM
    Okay an autoloader then. Many of the "issues" are cosmetic complaints. So knowing that the phones are not vulnerable to the FREAK mess is not a benefit. Will they refuse to upgrade to get the anti phishing browser. Flash, come on download the 10.3 browser. Oh yeah don't want to even think of a non standard fix. We have had so many why don't they update the os to now why do they update the os. Get a Motorola V710 and live dangerously.
    LMAO! ... V710 man that was indeed hilarious ... some us know what that is without a google help.
    secretly looks for flip phone on google to ensure memory serves correctly - it does lol hehehehe.
    04-08-15 07:32 PM
    Could be worse. Could be using Windows ME!!!

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Good point!
    04-08-15 07:33 PM
    LMAO! ... V710 man that was indeed hilarious ... some us know what that is without a google help.
    secretly looks for flip phone on google to ensure memory serves correctly - it does lol hehehehe.
    I would have used Startac, but that would be to easy
    Supa_Fly1 and ppeters914 like this.
    04-08-15 07:33 PM
    Is it just me or does anyone else have Tom Petty's "stop jammin me" running through their heads when you first saw the thread title
    04-08-15 07:45 PM
    Oh yeah don't want to even think of a non standard fix.
    Correct. I don't want to fix anything. Business customers won't bother fixing anything either. Regular users with update issues will just ditch BlackBerry and move to Android or iOS. Simple.
    allwi and gvs1341 like this.
    04-08-15 07:58 PM
    Correct. I don't want to fix anything. Business customers won't bother fixing anything either. Regular users with update issues will just ditch BlackBerry and move to Android or iOS. Simple.
    Like when my wife's iPhone ran out of memory because we canceled cable. Stupid auto backup nearly had me wipe the phone. She could not even make a call. That is useful
    BionicKris likes this.
    04-08-15 08:05 PM
    10.2.1 is god ugly.. My z30 i just bought had it installed on it. It looks like something from 1998
    04-08-15 08:10 PM
    10.2.1 is god ugly.. My z30 i just bought had it installed on it. It looks like something from 1998
    This is the original look of the killer BlackBerry OS10 from 2013, intended to bring the company back to the top. At least it won't kill your screen, you can make phone calls without delays and use your favorite mp3 as a ringtone.

Like when my wife's iPhone ran out of memory because we canceled cable. Stupid auto backup nearly had me wipe the phone. She could not even make a call. That is useful
    Currently I don't use any iOS devices, but I don't remember any backup related storage issues. Auto backup requires iCloud account setup and Wi-Fi connection. Without Wi-Fi connection it does nothing. Check the settings, something else eats the storage.
    04-08-15 08:41 PM
    This is the original look of the killer BlackBerry OS10 from 2013, intended to bring the company back to the top. At least it won't kill your screen, you can make phone calls without delays and use your favorite mp3 as a ringtone.
    I can do the same on 10.3.1.2708.
    04-08-15 08:57 PM
    You call that a spam? Oh geez

You must go nuts when you see a billboard while driving

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris and Carl Estes like this.
    04-08-15 09:08 PM

Currently I don't use any iOS devices, but I don't remember any backup related storage issues. Auto backup requires iCloud account setup and Wi-Fi connection. Without Wi-Fi connection it does nothing. Check the settings, something else eats the storage.
    umm... what delay and since when couldnt i use mp3's as ring tones? Have you even tried the latest version on 10.3.1? Or are you so hung up on the dated look of 10.2 that you wont update?
    BionicKris likes this.
    04-08-15 09:12 PM
    I can do the same on 10.3.1.2708.
    Good for you. I described in details my experience on Z10 device. Not to mention that first OTA update in February resulted in bricked device - stuck on boot on 98% and never recovered, had to restore it with autoloader, 100% data loss.

Z10 is not my main device, I use it mainly for testing purposes, so no big deal. I can wipe it 5 times a day with no harm to my data. But what about regular BlackBerry users with little or no technical knowledge? They will simply move to other manufacturers. This rushed update potentially caused more harm to BlackBerry than good. 10.3.1.2708 had to be the first update, not the fix after fail.

Have you even tried the latest version on 10.3.1?
    Yes, I have tested every single popular leak or official since 10.3.0, all 10.3.1, will play with 10.3.2 when I have more time. On the weekend, probably. This is what I use my BlackBerry for - testing BB10 OS. And I don't install any 3rd party apps when testing, not a single one. Autoloader with no restore, manual setup from scratch, clean OS.
    Last edited by vbdwork; 04-08-15 at 09:32 PM.
    gvs1341 likes this.
    04-08-15 09:21 PM
    I have to admit that the call delay is something I have to admit should be FIXED.
    Mp3 as a ring tone?? Has always been possible since I started using BlackBerry 9700.
    You call that a spam? Oh geez

You must go nuts when you see a billboard while driving

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    BionicKris likes this.
    04-08-15 10:26 PM
    Mp3 as a ring tone?? Has always been possible since I started using BlackBerry 9700.
    Yes, but on some devices with 10.3.1 it plays for some time and then cuts off. Usually under 10 seconds. I noticed this after 2708 OTA update, my default ringtone is about 15 sec long*. Never had this issue on autoloaded leaks. 2708 autoloader fixes the issue for some time, but it comes back. File is on internal storage, not SD. I don't use SD when testing different OS versions. And autoloader is not an option for general users. BlackBerry has to look at the issue.

* - BB10 OS has no option for increasing ringtone. The only workaround is to record a longer ringrone that starts quiet and goes lauder after. It was working on all the leaks since 1151, bit started to cut off on 2708 for some reason. I see other users mention same thing on other threads, it's reported as "fixed" in 10.3.2 leak, but I haven't tested it yet.
    allwi likes this.
    04-08-15 10:47 PM
    Attachment 346401
    Seriously? Ugly? And no bug is there now and missing feature? Aahhh I think new features are there instead of missing feature

Posted via CB10
    obviously you haven't seen the Calendar's extremely ugly UI, haven't had to deal with the sync deleting data from your computer's calendar, haven't had to try and see whose calling you because I message window is laid on top of the phone #, can no longer stop the phone from ringing with one touch, or.. instead of going on and on, the volume being severely muted or checked out the numerous complaint threads about 10.3.1 or read that BlackBerry pulled the update because of the many problems it's causing with last year's OS10 phones
    gvs1341 likes this.
    04-09-15 12:59 AM
    He has a point. I miss 10.2.1 :/
    Told ya I am not the only one who misses 10.2.1
    Op you couldve posted in that thread. :P
    np
    04-09-15 02:55 AM
    Yup. Resistance is futile lol.
    .... and acceptance is liberating. :-)
    04-09-15 03:00 AM
    If you get hacked by an old vulnerability, it's still their problem. No one will ask which OS version you are using. Also, many developers (myself included) no longer support 10.2 in their apps.
    04-09-15 04:15 AM
    10.3.1.1865 - 1GB

I don't want it. It's ugly, missing features and I don't want to risk the bugs.
    ugly/ missing features and has bugs//

I call this BS!
    moyah8 likes this.
    04-09-15 05:20 AM
    Just to revisit the spamming issue for a second..... I have 2 x Z30s, one through Telstra, the other bought outright from a shop - the Telstra one is stuck on 10.2.1 for now, and the bought one has updated to 10.3.1
    I have to say that design elements aside, the 10.2.1 typeface is so much easier to read (why can't we select from few typefaces as with older OS's??? that level of configurability would have solved this problem)

Anyway, I digress.... I hated the 10.3.1 Calendar so much I "sidegraded" it to the 10.3.0 version (it is not really downgraded as it was an improvement), to get back having useful info in the month view....

That worked fine, but since then, I keep getting the daily notification "spam" telling me I need to update applications (no prizes for guessing which).

And YES - Auto Updates Are OFF
    (sorry, it's just that I've seen the repeated suggestions in this thread which seem to ignore the information previously provided regarding this )

Also, Opening the notification and leaving it there does not prevent me from receiving another the next day. I wish there was a setting that just told it not to check for updates other than manually.

I note Bla1ze's post that indicates I am stuck with this, and I know these questions are probably futile, but it does make me wonder -
    How do people using hybrid OSs deal with this (do they even have to??)
    Is there anyway of unpacking the Calendar .bar, modifying some info somewhere to make the older Calendar report as being the latest one, then re-packing and re-loading it?

If nothing else I might learn something from the answers.....
    gvs1341 likes this.
    04-09-15 07:58 AM
    Have you tried to sideload the 10.3.2 calendar. I'm wondering if that would work like your fix without the update notifications
    04-09-15 08:15 AM
67 123