No, I will not upgrade. What do I have to do to stop these notifications? I don't want your bug and crappy UI riddled update on my phone.

Stop spamming me, BlackBerry...-img_20150408_101022.png

Posted via CB10
    allwi likes this.
    04-08-15 12:12 PM
    No way to stop the notifications. If it's the update for software release 10.3.1.1779 just do it, most of the bugs from the previous version have been fixed!
    04-08-15 12:19 PM
    10.3.1.1865 - 1GB

I don't want it. It's ugly, missing features and I don't want to risk the bugs.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-08-15 12:43 PM
    Stop spamming me, BlackBerry...-img_20150408_224507.png
    Seriously? Ugly? And no bug is there now and missing feature? Aahhh I think new features are there instead of missing feature

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry-Prince and moyah8 like this.
    04-08-15 12:46 PM
    He probably likes the gradients and grey boxes that are like windows 7, and probably doesn't want to get rid of flash support in the browser.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-08-15 01:00 PM
    Does it constantly come up? How about if you open it, close it and leave it be? It will still be there but it won't show as new.
    04-08-15 01:20 PM
    Yes, I dislike the flat icons. They're boring and drab. I also find the text hard to read on anything other than the boring geometric wallpapers BlackBerry includes.

The colours throughout the rest of the UI have also lost some lustre leaving other pages looking boring and drab. Dare I talk about the "quick action" button that covers up stuff it doesn't need to as it spills out of the action bar?

Missing features include the well discussed calendar changes and the simple search function.
    04-08-15 01:23 PM
    Does it constantly come up? How about if you open it, close it and leave it be? It will still be there but it won't show as new.
    I think I tried that before and it returned. I'll try that again this time the next time it shows up. Thanks for the tip.
    04-08-15 01:24 PM
    I think I tried that before and it returned. I'll try that again this time the next time it shows up. Thanks for the tip.
    I don't know if it will repeat as new or not but worth a shot.
    04-08-15 01:36 PM
    If I remember correctly some refused to update to 10.2.1 because they "HATED " the new call answer screen. Eventually they did. Hmmmm. This sounds very familiar.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-08-15 03:31 PM
    Turn off automatic updates
    Mecca EL and TripNFry like this.
    04-08-15 03:37 PM
    You will eventually be forced to update for security reasons
    04-08-15 03:50 PM
    I agree with you OP.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-15 03:51 PM
    Seriously? Ugly? And no bug is there now and missing feature? Aahhh I think new features are there instead of missing feature
    It is an inconsistent mix of Android theme and iOS elements indeed. Half of the screens are white/bright, the other half black/dark. It's a matter of personal preference, but I also find 10.2 UI more refined and better looking, unique and with more attention to details. The new UI looks like cheap copycat of popular mobile OS.

My personal experience with missing/broken/annoying new OS "features" on Z10 STL100-3 device:
    - lower quality icons/graphics
    - extremely tiny icon description fonts (other devices look better)
    - unpredictable UI lag on home screens (often)
    - unpredictable delay in call and answer (never fully fixed on Z10)
    - call log shorter? (can't confirm)
    - Hub feels slower with 90 days sync (I have 5 email accounts)
    - forced Search in Phone > Contacts tab
    - Ringtones cut off on 2-5 seconds
    - worse Wi-Fi connectivity, too many disconnects and delays
    - much worse and uninformative Calendar, and ugly too
    - no tap to silence on call answer screen, was convenient
    - no tap to take picture in Camera (personal preference)
    - still inaccurate autofocus in Camera, 10.2 Camera app is still faster
    - no Flash support in Browser (I know support is discontinued by Adobe, but many sites still use it, good to have)
    - DropBox, Box, OneDrive native support almost unusable, very very very slow
    - active frames fixed position, no option to change to last used on top
    - still flickering in long Messages threads (not always, but happens, never fixed)
    - Advanced Interactions not working reliably
    - still very limited customization options (close to none)
    - Amazon App Store is ridiculous and can't be removed (by regular users, at least)

The positives:
    - instant Delete/File/Flag options in Hub, usable sometimes
    - "cleaner" home screens, Android style
    - more room for apps on a single page (for users who want that)
    - more Notifications options (LED colors, but harder to configure)
    - more email accounts settings options after initial setup (real improvement)
    - Android Player faster and more compatible, runs more Android apps, tested
    - more Android notifications appear in Hub (very basic, but still improvement)
    - possibly better battery life after few days of use (comparable to 10.2.2 OS, best so far)
    - Advanced Interactions, when they work
    - Blend, for who is using it (I don't), still buggy (Windows software), very basic and slow, but works (and drains battery)
    - more native BB10 apps (some are compatible with 10.3 and up only)
    - pages in app folders, more apps in single folder
    - access to Settings from every screen (good to have)
    - active call banner (good detail)

Again, users with other BB10 devices may have different experience. My experience is on Z10 STL100-3 only with latest official 10.3.1.2708 OS from Telus Canada.

P.S. Device restored to 10.2.2.1609 OS. Will play with 10.3.2 OS when (if) it becomes available for Z10. Update notifications don't bother me, but it will be nice to have an option to check for updates every 7-15-30 days etc., not every day.
    Last edited by vbdwork; 04-08-15 at 04:23 PM.
    04-08-15 03:59 PM
    If I remember correctly some refused to update to 10.2.1 because they "HATED " the new call answer screen. Eventually they did. Hmmmm. This sounds very familiar.
    I rather dislike the call answer screen, but because it was such a small part of the overall interface I decided to overlook it and upgrade. Who knew it was a sign of things to come...

Turn off automatic updates
    They're off... it's not updating automatically, it's just harassing me.
    04-08-15 04:22 PM
    Yup. Resistance is futile lol.
    04-08-15 04:23 PM
    I agree with you. I have installed the update on my Z10, (my guinea pig phone) but not on my Z30. I do get daily notifications on the Z30 to update, but I won't update till I am happy with an update on my Z10.
    So far, the battery life isn't much better, I miss Flash (too any web sites still use it), I can't share new contacts, calendar is hard to read, miss the instant search, more steps to go through BB Assistant. Etc. I don't mind the notifications, as long as they plan to notify my when 10.3.2 comes along!
    ssbtech likes this.
    04-08-15 05:33 PM
    Yup. Resistance is futile lol.
    And herein lies the issue with BlackBerry - and traditionally RIM.

1. Tell the OS not to update
    - only works for short time until FORCED
    2. Contact BlackBerry using your licensed support that is paid.
    - no resolution its being jammed up your "workforce buns"
    3. Contact provider, since you have a corporate billing account with all departments sub-segmented under the main account, where some features are offered at reduced pricing or no features required are not offered. Surely all your corporate purchased IMEI/PIN's can be segmented off internal providers network from OS deployment
    - providers answer = nope can't do this.

What if there are major end user issues discovered?
    - Let's see Z30's many of which had a non-display LCD after the update: there is a specific BlackBerry KB publicly released!
    - Let's presume you have no discounts on early upgrades and non left in your corporate distribution channel, and existing spares are already deployed by your vendor to other clients before your lot arrives for servicing? !!
    > this means you wait 1 month full for repairs to complete by BlackBerry! Remember they don't build devices internally any longer!! Outsourcing time = more cost and time to BlackBerry, end users, and corporations!!

What about internal corporate applications required break due to API incompatibilities?
    - again costing dollars and time to corporations and more for contractor support if supplied by contractors.

Gold rule for everything BlackBerry does should be ...
    "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense!"
    Causing returns for repairs for corporate vendors (BB's reseller partners) costs time
    Causing these same repairs for corporations to send in repairs and migrate data, OS update existing devices to match 10.3.1 data (cause a backup cannot be used on a previous OS version) .... download and install on a 10.3.1 Update of 1.1/1.2GB size over 802.11g took 2 hours!! Let's not to mention 2 other updates because they MUST be done in order, and BBLink doesn't ALWAYS detect the updates for every model device or each time a device is connected - thanks a lot (!!!) again costs time.

Time is money
    Money for support time and repairs and waiting is NOT money earned!
    Money is time spent or Money to spend on Time that does NOT make money ... does NOT make Sense!
    The more this continues to happen, then more corporations may reconsider their BES10 license migration to BES12 and thus BB takes a HUGE hit on going forward sales and revenue

This is what BlackBerry should be considering!
    If it don't make dollars ... you know the rest
    playfoot likes this.
    04-08-15 05:51 PM
    The only company around I know of that still uses BlackBerry devices is on 10.2.x OS with app installations and OS updates locked as per company policy. I'm curious to see how exactly BlackBerry will force them to update to something they don't need. No update is needed to use corporate email accounts on BES, no extra support is needed for eventual update issues.
    04-08-15 06:13 PM
    And herein lies the issue with BlackBerry - and traditionally RIM.

1. Tell the OS not to update
    - only works for short time until FORCED
    2. Contact BlackBerry using your licensed support that is paid.
    - no resolution its being jammed up your "workforce buns"
    3. Contact provider, since you have a corporate billing account with all departments sub-segmented under the main account, where some features are offered at reduced pricing or no features required are not offered. Surely all your corporate purchased IMEI/PIN's can be segmented off internal providers network from OS deployment
    - providers answer = nope can't do this.

What if there are major end user issues discovered?
    - Let's see Z30's many of which had a non-display LCD after the update: there is a specific BlackBerry KB publicly released!
    - Let's presume you have no discounts on early upgrades and non left in your corporate distribution channel, and existing spares are already deployed by your vendor to other clients before your lot arrives for servicing? !!
    > this means you wait 1 month full for repairs to complete by BlackBerry! Remember they don't build devices internally any longer!! Outsourcing time = more cost and time to BlackBerry, end users, and corporations!!

What about internal corporate applications required break due to API incompatibilities?
    - again costing dollars and time to corporations and more for contractor support if supplied by contractors.

Gold rule for everything BlackBerry does should be ...
    "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense!"
    Causing returns for repairs for corporate vendors (BB's reseller partners) costs time
    Causing these same repairs for corporations to send in repairs and migrate data, OS update existing devices to match 10.3.1 data (cause a backup cannot be used on a previous OS version) .... download and install on a 10.3.1 Update of 1.1/1.2GB size over 802.11g took 2 hours!! Let's not to mention 2 other updates because they MUST be done in order, and BBLink doesn't ALWAYS detect the updates for every model device or each time a device is connected - thanks a lot (!!!) again costs time.

Time is money
    Money for support time and repairs and waiting is NOT money earned!
    Money is time spent or Money to spend on Time that does NOT make money ... does NOT make Sense!
    The more this continues to happen, then more corporations may reconsider their BES10 license migration to BES12 and thus BB takes a HUGE hit on going forward sales and revenue

This is what BlackBerry should be considering!
    If it don't make dollars ... you know the rest
    Haven't used Sachesi to do an easy update. Having a local download for multiple upgrades makes better sense than using a wireless connection if time is important. I jumped multiple versions without any loss of data.
    04-08-15 06:16 PM
    Maybe I'm clueless, but why not turn off automatic updates
    04-08-15 06:17 PM
    Haven't used Sachesi to do an easy update. Having a local download for multiple upgrades makes better sense than using a wireless connection if time is important. I jumped multiple versions without any loss of data.
    No corporation will waste time to use 3rd party software to update their BlackBerry devices to an OS that brings zero value to the business.

Maybe I'm clueless, but why not turn off automatic updates
    Update notification still comes once a day.
    04-08-15 06:24 PM
    I forgot to say, on 10.3.1 on the Z10, I lost one of my favorite apps - Stocks!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    04-08-15 06:28 PM
    Fortunately, even with 10.2.1 you can still use BlackBerry Link to connect your device to your Windows 95 desktop.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-08-15 06:47 PM
    For what it is worth, I created a Thread in Section Q for the same topic. I find it very annoying. And it does appear that nothing can be done about the almost incessant messages.

Agree with vbdwork - more minus than plus for the upgrade. For me, it is an case of once bitten, twice shy with this upgrade. I was one of those who experienced a myriad of issues. Consequently, I am not about to donate my time and efforts as a de facto tester for Blackberry - the onus is on Blackberry to introduce a better, more polished OS. Mind you, from what I read in the threads it appears as if Blackberry ignored the efforts of their most ardent supporters by releasing an OS with issues that had been known for months and months prior to the release. One might be tempted to draw conclusions about Blackberry's level of respect or commitment to people who have and continue to support Blackberry. Notwithstanding the foregoing, I continue to support the company and hope for its success by purchasing phones privately and professionally.

And of course, I am not a fan of the UI: discounting personal preference, I simply find it uninspired, a poor homage to Android/iOS and lacking in many of the basic tenets of design as it relates to legibility and functionality.
    dreamstate7 and double_fault like this.
    04-08-15 06:48 PM
67 123