08-18-14 01:42 PM
43 12
tools
    I don't care where the apps come from as long as they are smooth and work as intended. Seems a lot don't.
    But the average Joe isn't even gonna bother to buy your phone. You need some of the average Joes or ya go broke and lay off half your work force. I disagree to some point about who's here. If you search any questions about Z10 or z30 on Google, usually crackberry.com comes to light.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 12:59 PM
    But the average Joe isn't even gonna bother to buy your phone. You need some of the average Joes or ya go broke and lay off half your work force. I disagree to some point about who's here. If you search any questions about Z10 or z30 on Google, usually crackberry.com comes to light.

Posted via CB10
    I'm nit selling it lol. I know you mean a bb and you're right. Avg anyone isn't.
    05-06-14 01:12 PM
    I'm nit selling it lol. I know you mean a bb and you're right. Avg anyone isn't.
    I know lots who knew how easy a BlackBerry was they would of never picked up Android. Apple so easy 2 year old can do not. So easy it's long and sloooow.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 02:36 PM
    In my experience, the average Joe isn't here complaining about apps.
    The average Joe isn't really buying BlackBerry either.
    So if we are talking the average Joe, you should probably go to an iphone forum, bc that's where the average Joes are.
    I just had to lol at your comment.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    05-06-14 04:57 PM
    There is a difference between native apps and non native apps. Blackberry does not have more apps than iOS that is absolutely in correct. If I want a app for my blackberry that is offered for android that is compatible for my blackberry I should not have to be a technician to instal it. Crackberry is a great site that teaches us all how to use our blackberry's to its full potential & id bet if there was no crackberry a huge amounts of users would dip!
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 05-06-14 at 06:54 PM. Reason: AoM
    blee4 likes this.
    05-06-14 06:04 PM
    I just had to lol at your comment.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    I hope in a good way and not at my expense!
    05-06-14 06:24 PM
    Wow, exaggerate much???
    No.. ok yes I did.. About 89% of android apps don't work!

That's not an exaggeration because you clearly haven't been installing many. Anything blue tooth, direct wifi, paid app or have special font packages don't work. On top of that almost all business related, media related and health/help desk related apps don't work yet. When the runtime gets updated then we will see but for now most stuff outside of games , netflix and basic forums doesn't work.

Posted via a mess called CB10
    05-06-14 06:38 PM
    No.. ok yes I did.. About 89% of android apps don't work!

That's not an exaggeration because you clearly haven't been installing many. Anything blue tooth, direct wifi, paid app or have special font packages don't work. On top of that almost all business related, media related and health/help desk related apps don't work yet. When the runtime gets updated then we will see but for now most stuff outside of games , netflix and basic forums doesn't work.

Weird, because my media apps work, pebble connects to and updates my watch just fine, my work email client functions as intended, etc.
    It's more like 89% of apps DO work. It's the 89% of specific apps YOU WANT don't, so you have assumed this is the case universally.
    Trust me. I install many, many apps.
    05-06-14 06:51 PM
    Weird, because my media apps work, pebble connects to and updates my watch just fine, my work email client functions as intended, etc.
    It's more like 89% of apps DO work. It's the 89% of specific apps YOU WANT don't, so you have assumed this is the case universally.
    Trust me. I install many, many apps.
    Every poll leans left or right, right? Anyways I'll agree to disagree. I'm not the first to have "specific" apps not working. Some claim the runtime is flawless as it is. A serious update is crucial before it can be marketed to the average Joe. Remember we all want this company to stay alive

05-06-14 09:09 PM
    For what it's worth, I found everything I NEED in BBW. Like people say if you want an android, buy one. I bought a BlackBerry because I knew they work for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 10:16 PM
    If they want to do Android right Blackberry will need to do what Amazon did with the Kindle Fire and replicate Google Play services. The current implementation is not going to fly, even though I have Android apps loaded I avoid using them on my Q10 because they're slow and hard to use because of the screen size. As more and more Android apps rely on google play services you'll run into more compatibility problems which is what Google wants. Googles tricks are not new, in fact Microsoft invented them think DirectX.

Android without Google Play Services is like DOS without Windows. BlackBerry should really listen to people who switch from iOS or Android to Blackberry, we are the most objective users you'll find who will give you the time of day and we have experience on multiple platforms an no loyalty to any.

CrackBerry users are biased and totally in denial of the problems facing BlackBerry. Blackberry needs tough love not mercy passes.
    Dirtymike14 likes this.
    05-06-14 10:22 PM
    CrackBerry users are biased and totally in denial of the problems facing BlackBerry. Blackberry needs tough love not mercy passes.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS!!!!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 11:24 PM
    I agree...full native apps is what I want

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 11:35 PM
    If they want to do Android right Blackberry will need to do what Amazon did with the Kindle Fire and replicate Google Play services. The current implementation is not going to fly, even though I have Android apps loaded I avoid using them on my Q10 because they're slow and hard to use because of the screen size. As more and more Android apps rely on google play services you'll run into more compatibility problems which is what Google wants. Googles tricks are not new, in fact Microsoft invented them think DirectX.

Android without Google Play Services is like DOS without Windows. BlackBerry should really listen to people who switch from iOS or Android to Blackberry, we are the most objective users you'll find who will give you the time of day and we have experience on multiple platforms an no loyalty to any.

CrackBerry users are biased and totally in denial of the problems facing BlackBerry. Blackberry needs tough love not mercy passes.
    that also includes you too bud. I love blanket statements.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-06-14 11:36 PM
    that also includes you too bud. I love blanket statements.
    What are you talking about I've only had my Q10 for a month and I came from a 5s, reluctantly dropped $300 on a brand new Q10 from ShopBlackberry. The only reason why I spend so many hours on Crackberry is because I have to find out how to jump through all the hoops to get the thing working. There are so many undocumented "gotchas" with the Q10 that I encountered, I even own a PlayBook which I thought would be different from the Q10 but the over all experience is that it's a hodgepodge of software loosely coupled together.

Very few things on the Blackberry are complete solutions there's always an asterisk beside each feature for example

"Push Email" support ONLY when receiving email not on updates to the mailbox like delete, read.
    CardDav/CalDav support*** except it doesn't support groups or push updates.
    Blackberry Link**** Only works well on Windows but we say we support Mac
    Print to Go*** Only works on Windows
    Remote File Access*** Only if you disable your firewall on OS X
    Dog slow backups
    Music Player*** pulls in every audio file including ring tones
    Android Apps*** No official documentation from Blackberry
    Email Client*** Can't remap sent/trash/delete/drafts folder so there's no way to tell your BB where to move deleted/draft/sent messages.
    Unstable phone dialer I've had it crash on calls several times because I'll press the end button but the call timer is still running.
    05-07-14 12:24 AM
    I think BlackBerry should do like windows recently did with the music app. Instead of releasing it as part as the operating system and waiting for carries to push it out, they should release their main apps from BlackBerry World. So we can get updates for the music app, photos app, and video apps without waiting for the carriers to push the Operating system updates.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 02:26 AM
    I feel disgusted from the look of Android apps running on my phone. Nothing beats the native experience.. But of course a lot of users don't mind the Android apps and ports..

I think about 100 famous apps, if they launch their native BlackBerry version, things will change upside down
    05-07-14 03:44 AM
    I have always had Android for my personal phone (started with a HTC Desire-Z, currently a Samsung S5) and Symbian before that (from my first, a Nokia 7650 to my last, a Nokia E71) but Blackberries all along for work, except at my current job where I got a Nexus 5 six months ago (last Blackberry I had was a Bold 9900 less than a year ago). Seen how Blackberry seems to finally be heading towards the right direction, I recently bought a Q10 for personal use to test and see if it has evolved enough as to ditch Android and use Blackberry for everything and for good, as I REALLY miss a physical keyboard (and Im not somebody who would play games nor watch films on my smartphone) but I do feel there needs to be some more serious apps made SPECIFICALLY for BB (none of this crossplatform "nonsense"!): one of the only things stopping me from making the final step towards transition from Android to Blackberry is the lack of apps such as Android's Xposed (and all the related modules), as well as some proper non-kiddies apps like my beloved CalenGoo agenda app, PIA VPN connection, Sygic navigation, ESET security... if only these were available as proper native BB apps, I would have ditched Android on the spot! So Im sorry to say, when some of us compare/"RANT" about the lack of apps, is not an unrealistic complaint, but an unfortunate an true reality! Ther needs to be more (proper/adult/business/useful) native BB apps!
    08-18-14 01:42 PM
43 12